Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Adventure Heroes

Who's your favorite  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Good-Guys

• Johnny Thunder I (tan/black)
    • Johnny Thunder II (green/tan)
    • Johnny Thunder III (green/tan w/print)
    • Johnny Thunder IV (brown/tan)
    • Jing Lee
    • Pippin Reed I (green/tan)
    • Pippin Reed II (tan/red)
    • Pippin Reed III (brown/tan)
    • Sangye Dorje
    • Babloo
    • Dr. Kilroy I (white/white)
    • Dr. Kilroy II (white/green)
    • Dr. Kilroy IV (grey/black)
    • Harry Cane
    • Mike
    • Other (not pictured)

The Good

Choose your favorite adventurer hero and discuss why:

adventurers2.jpg

I just noticed that Dr. Kilroy I and III are the same. I meant to picture a different green torso as image III. Please disregard. The choice is not listed in the poll.

NUmber one is just the perfect indiana jones I've been waiting for !

How could anybody go past Dr Kilroy? He's just brimming with wisdom and life experiences... Surely they're the most valuable treasures of all...

Johnny Thunder is for sure my favorite, I decided to vote for the fourth option, as I really like that torso.

Johnny Thunder IV narrowly edged out Sangye Dorje and Harry Cane for the top spot... But overall I like the villains' torsos better. Will an 'ugly' poll be next? :-P

Thanks for all this great effort and God Bless,

Nathan

I went for Indy I.... i mean Johnny Thunder IV ;-) . He just looks the hero part so much. And i prefer him with the brown torso and gloves (or black hands).

Skinny Boy, your link doesn't seem to be working, I'll I get is a link to microsoft.com. Does that happen to anyone else?

I really like JT#4, but I have to go with the classic JT#1. I also really like Kilroy#4 and Harry. And we can't forget about Pippin (ggggrrrroooowwwwlllll... *wub* ).

Say, Brickster, I don't think those pics are correct, or do not cover all the hero incarnations. There is the Kilroy one, without the vest, with just suspenders and tie. And then there is the initial Pippin face, which is not included in any of the pictures.

Steve

You're correct Athos. I meant to include Kilroy with just the suspenders and instead included a duplicate. I didn't include the variations of Pippin from the older adventure sets intentionally; but here are the missing images:

adventurers4.jpg

Skinny Boy, your link doesn't seem to be working, I'll I get is a link to microsoft.com. Does that happen to anyone else?

Even though TheBrickster has all ready posted pics... here is the link Skinny Boy was going for (too many 'http//'s).

God Bless,

Nathan

I really like Mike. I like his cap and torso, esp. the sling shot. My 2nd choice is the Sherpa- very unique fig with nice detail.

Johnny Thunder has the same initials as Joshua Tree... <--- SPAM ALERT!!! Quick! Someone report me to myself.

Actually I still haven't voted yet. I thought I might change my mind about Dr. Kilroy so I refrained from voting. Then it suddenly damned upon me that I can change my vote anyway. But I won't! For that's cheating. I'm going to put some intelligent thought into my answer...

Let's have some of that critical "Phes" thinking.

You mean like this? (Couldn't help myself... X-D)

...Then it suddenly damned upon me that I can change my vote anyway. ...

God Bless,

Nathan

No big prob with the missing ones- the missing Kilroy is my favorite, but IV is probably second so it had to do.

Kilroy looks rather wimsical, he doesnt appear too wimsy in the comics though, but he is still an interesting character, though I prefer stories were he doesnt invent things and just stick to archeology- not because you are smart and professor in one subject doesnt mean you can build fantastic things. ;-)

I like his pith helmet but I never was too fond of Kilroy. I see that someone else voted for Mike though.

Let's have some of that critical "Phes" thinking.

You mean like this? (Couldn't help myself... X-D)

...Then it suddenly damned upon me that I can change my vote anyway. ...

Yes, that's exactly right Mr Norro... Things "damn" upon me all the time... I could have swore I meant "dawn" though.

Well I definitely won't vote for Johnny Thunder... Australian characters are too ridiculous to take into consideration...

What about the Outback? And Croc Dundee? Australian characters are cool!

I think he just said that because he is Austrailian :-P

Also, I voted classic JT1. It just looks the most ready to deal with anything.

hehe a Steve Irwin MF would be great great !! Wait a sec we actually have one !! take the torso from JT1, add the legs of JT2, put him on a boat to hunt for crocodiles ;-)

*yoda*

They're not real Australians...

I see that someone else voted for Mike though.
ah, i missed this topic... and i love the adventurers... but may fave is mike !!!

when i voted mike i thought, man this is going to be an oddball choice, but he is not too far from the lead !!! i was never to fond of johnny thunder... he had a lot of potential, but i felt lego never quite got him right.

harry cane is next in line for coolness, and i love the name concept !!!

- brickminer

I still haven't made my decision.

Although I do wonder is it really necessary to have each version of the same character, afterall its the same personality they're just wearing different clothes.