Sign in to follow this  
diggitydug

Agents 2010 Sets Rumor

Dear Eurobrick friends.

While surfing the net, I found the following Agents set lists:

2008 Sets

8631 Mission 1: Jetpack Pursuit - Minifigures: Agent Chase, Saw Fist

8632 Mission 2: Swamp Raid - Minifigures: Agent Charge, Break Jaw

8630 Mission 3: Gold Hunt - Minifigures: Agent Fuse, Gold Tooth, Inferno Henchman

8633 Mission 4: Speedboat Rescue - Minifigures: Agent Chase, Agent Trace, Break Jaw

8634 Mission 5: Turbocar Chase - Minifigures: Agent Chase, Spy Clops, Inferno Henchman

8635 Mission 6: Mobile Command Center - Minifigures: Agent Chase, Agent Fuse, Agent Charge, Agent Trace, Dr. Inferno, Spy Clops, Gold Tooth

8636 Mission 7: Deep Sea Quest - Minifigures: Agent Charge, Agent Chase, Break Jaw, Slime Face

8637 Mission 8: Volcano Base - Minifigures: Agent Chase, Agent Fuse, Agent Trace, Dr. Inferno, Fire-Arm, Claw-Dette

2009 Sets

8967 Gold Tooth's Getaway - Minifigures: Gold Tooth, Agent Swipe

8968 River Heist - Minifigures: Dollar Bill, Dyna-Mite, Agent Fuse

8969 4-Wheeling Pursuit - Minifigures: Agent Chase, Dr. D Zaster

8970 Robo Attack - Minifigures: Agent Chase, Agent Trace, Dr.Inferno, Tourists (3x)

8971 Aerial Defense Unit - Minifigures: Magma Commander, Agent Chase, Agent Charge, Agent Swift, Magma Drones (3x)

2010 Sets

???? Ski Escape

???? Crocman's Escape

???? Sky Ray Speed Chase

???? Inferno Chase

???? Air Battle

???? Safe Escape

???? Lava Base

???? Truck Pursuit

???? Speedboat Assualt

???? Jet Attack

???? Prison Escape

???? Gold Base

???? Control Base Central

So... in particular im interested in the 2010 sets, as Agents is one of my favorite themes. Any truth to these rumors? Anyone in the know can you add any confirmation to the set list above? With so many leaks of the summer Star Wars sets, im surprised that if there were new agent sets comming out that we have not heard of them yet.

I'm betting these are fake, as nice as they sound. If there arent any set #s, there is no proof at all.

Actually, these sound remarkably like the first two waves, anyway - jets, speedboats, lava bases. (Apart from the Crocman Escape, which sounds like a Batman set.)

I don't believe a word of it. If you found this on a wiki site, you should have mentioned that in your post and saved us all the trouble :laugh:

As much as I'd love for Agents to return for 2010, it seems very unlikely, and these set names reek of fakeness. Reek I tells ya!.

Why? well for a start, there's a lot of escaping going on. I count....four sets with escape in the title? Numerous "action" phrases are used multiple times.

With a company that's all about creativity, you'd think they'd be able to come up with some better names :tongue:

So yeah, I'm going to say fake.

Shame.

Also, 13 sets seems like a lot. It's the same amount of both Agents waves combined.

Will/Rocketbilly

Unfortunately, thats where I was leaning myself. Not trying to lead anyone on anywhere, just confirming my suspicions. Frankly, Id love to have 2010 Agents sets, but I think we would have heard something by now.

Thanks to everyone.

Diggity

If you found this on a wiki site, you should have mentioned that in your post and saved us all the trouble :laugh:

I hope this was a joke.... :sadnew:

I hate stereotypes! In fact, you are basically insulting me as I am a docent for Wikipedia and Wikia, and if info with no source is found, it is challenged and removed.

Edited by Legoliner Pilot

I hope this was a joke.... :sadnew:

I hate stereotypes! In fact, you are basically insulting me as I am a docent for Wikipedia and Wikia, and if info with no source is found, it is challenged and removed.

I agree.

I spend a lot of my time online browsing Wikis, and I find them very useful, and 99% of the time are perfectly reliable.

I can honestly say I'd be lost without the Fallout Wiki :tongue:

They are, for the most part, written by very knowledgable and intelligent people. It's just you sometimes get people who just want to edit them with wrong info for a cheap laugh.

Anyway, didn't mean to ge toff topic - so it's pretty much confirmed this isn't real then, this "Agents 2010"?

Terrible shame, but I didn't expect Agents to come back.

Will/Rocketbilly

Honestly,I don't think these are legitimate.

First, there are way too many sets in this list. It doesn't seem likely that TLG would release 13 agents sets in one year.

Second, the set names do sound awfully familiar to sets released in the first wave such as lava base / volcano base, speedboat assault / speedboat rescue, etc.

I really hope we get more agents sets, it's really a great theme.

I agree.

I spend a lot of my time online browsing Wikis, and I find them very useful, and 99% of the time are perfectly reliable.

I can honestly say I'd be lost without the Fallout Wiki :tongue:

They are, for the most part, written by very knowledgable and intelligent people. It's just you sometimes get people who just want to edit them with wrong info for a cheap laugh.

Anyway, didn't mean to ge toff topic - so it's pretty much confirmed this isn't real then, this "Agents 2010"?

Terrible shame, but I didn't expect Agents to come back.

Will/Rocketbilly

Fallout is :wub: !!!

Enough with all this "Wikipedia is the worst source ever" crap- it is just an untrue stereotype that people side with because they don't know any better. "oh okay anyone can edit it yeahh mhmm makes it false" Idiots. Hasn't anyone realized that the most targeted pages ( and most of them, for that matter) for vandalism are locked from editing?

Anyway, back on topic, while these sets do sound a little fishy, there is a trickle of hope somewhere deep down. Maybe these sets well have more of that beautiful sterling silver that the first line had. I mean, most of the 2.0 sets stunk, save for the Robo Attack set.

Did I specify Wikipedia?

I like wikis, but as a source of factual information about forthcoming Lego sets, the fan-driven ones are worse than useless. Worse - because they're actively misleading. We've seen this kind of rumour many times before and it's better to nip it in the bud rather than get people's hopes up.

Calm down and don't treat it as a personal attack :hmpf:

Actually, these sound remarkably like the first two waves, anyway - jets, speedboats, lava bases. (Apart from the Crocman Escape, which sounds like a Batman set.)

Exactly what I thought. :laugh:

Just as I suspected. I found this list over at Brickipedia. I want to hope Agents will continue, but I don't think that will happen.

I think the same thing about Wikipedia. Most of the information turns out to be accurate.

Did I specify Wikipedia?

I like wikis, but as a source of factual information about forthcoming Lego sets, the fan-driven ones are worse than useless. Worse - because they're actively misleading. We've seen this kind of rumour many times before and it's better to nip it in the bud rather than get people's hopes up.

Calm down and don't treat it as a personal attack :hmpf:

Please don't "Nip in the bud" by saying that info from any Wikia (or Wikipedia, for that same matter) is useless and false, as that is a common stereotype and is very ignorant in itself...

It is because it might be Fanon! Canon is the real info, and Fanon is fantasy info made up by the wild imaginations of fans, NOT intended to be real.

And yes, you did specify Wikipedia because you clearly said "Wiki sites" (don't edit your post, we know the truth) and Wikipedia starts with Wiki! Here is what you said:

I don't believe a word of it. If you found this on a wiki site, you should have mentioned that in your post and saved us all the trouble :laugh:
Edited by Legoliner Pilot

I read on Brickipedia that Technic was being discontinued in 2010. With all that emptied shelf space there'd be plenty of room for 13 new Agents sets.

Please don't "Nip in the bud" by saying that info from any Wikia (or Wikipedia, for that same matter) is useless and false, as that is a common stereotype and is very ignorant in itself...

For the most part, Wikis are accurate and reliable sources of information for reasons you've described, however information such as future set names do not appear on sites like Wikipedia first - they appear in LEGO communities or on retail sites.

If a list is posted anonymously on a Wiki without a credible source, it's hard to treat the information as authentic and not as some silly prank.

Ignoring were the list came from, I find it hard to believe for a few reasons. There are quite a lot of them compared to previous years, they don't come with set numbers which is unusual for set list leaks, and although words like chase and escape are common to Lego themes, none of the previous Agent sets repeat words - they're all completely unique, unlike these "new sets".

Wikiepedia is a fine site.

However when it comes to LEGO anything listed on a wiki is a joke. There were like 15 sets listed, no way that many would ever come out, more so from a theme that most everyone believes is dead.

Edited by The Green Brick Giant

I am an editor of various Wikis. They are not unreliable as such, but on smaller topics, the need to be confirmed by another site. :thumbup: The smaller topics will only have a few people interested in them, but massive topics like WWII will deffinatley be correct, so Lego, though it is quite likely to be correct, must be confirmed by another site. :classic: Which is deffinately true for this case. :sceptic:

There's no need to get in such a strop about it, it's as simple as what I said above. :tongue:

Going back on topic, I don't believe this line of sets. :tongue: I get a sense of '' Batman '' and '' Agents Wave 1 ''. :laugh:

Edited by The crazy one

I read on Brickipedia that Technic was being discontinued in 2010. With all that emptied shelf space there'd be plenty of room for 13 new Agents sets.

This was already debunked as false.

Just to join in on the wiki discussion before the plug is pulled, I have to say it gets a bad rap it doesn't deserve, most information is spot-on, it's usually just pop culture, current issues and speculative titles that are unreliable since a lot of editors want to have their own take.

Anyhoo I digress, I would love for Agents to return but only with a new faction with a new base. That is a new evil faction and maybe a reinvented Agents look. Still if the theme dies I won't be too shook up, I think it was a perfect example of a great theme that benefited from being short lived.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I love Wikipedia, I do! I use it all the time. I just don't believe a word when people make up Lego releases and fuel baseless rumours on no pretext other than someone's fantasy. That annoys me because its gets people's hopes up and the rumours can be hard to stamp out.

Not that long ago in Licensed, someone posted excitedly about a Flying Dutchman Spongebob set for 2010, which was a rumour that first started life as a wiki entry waaaaay back in 2006. See why I don't think they deserve the attention?

Now, continue the discussion but I think we've had enough chat about wikis generally :wink:

In 2010 no more indiana jones, no more agents and end of 2010 no more Bionicle.

And Legomilk is one of the most realiable people in here.

(And Agents suck, so I'm not sorry at all).

Sorry Agents fans but if there was any sets next year we would have heard about at least one of them by now.

Lego had to cut some lines to make way for new ones, times change so do trends.

But maybe it will come back one day, like Pirates did.

Even if it's short term again. :classic: