Doctor Sinister

I found the Agents sets...

Forgive me if pictures of these sets have been posted before, but at LEGOLAND Windsor today I found what I was told are the ONLY Agents sets currently in the UK. So I took some photos.

I even got to play with them!

So without further ado...

Now, I am well aware that these are not the greatest pix in the world - but we were in a circus tent and it had WEIRD lighting... Someone I was with told me that at a previous event he was forbidden to take pictures of these sets.

Agents_001.JPG

Agents_002.JPG

Agents_003.JPG

Agents_004.JPG

Agents_005.JPG

Agents_006.JPG

Agents_007.JPG

Agents_008.JPG

Agents_009.JPG

Agents_010.JPG

Agents_011.JPG

Agents_012.JPG

Dr. S.

Edited by Doctor Sinister

I cant see the pics! :sad: Im sure theyre great though.

EDIT: Disregard *huh*

Edited by darthperson8

Nice! I dont like any of these, vut it's nice to see that they are beginnig to appaer.

Great pics, Doctor Sinister! They really emphasise that this is a silver/ dark blue vs orange/ black theme!

The sharks are fantastic! And dark green crocs are sooooo beautiful :wub: as anyone who has the IJ River Chase set knows. Nice to get 2 in one set.

Not enthused about the helicopter with that bizarro windscreen piece though - but the silver/ dark blue car that comes with it is a must-have.

Wow is all I got to say! Wow and thankyou for the pics! These look great and I'm looking forword to this line! Although I get confused abut who is evil and who is good :blush: lo anyway it saysl Comming in August too so that means it will probably come out in September for Aus. but in July for K-mart. Thats what happened for Mars Mission. Any pics for the small set??

Thank you for these pretty good pictures, Doctor Sinister! :thumbup:

But perhaps we should merge that thread with the already existing Pics-of-the-Agents-Line thread. But you know.... hush hush. :tongue:

Cool stuff, I especially love the widespread use of dark blue, like purple, it is an underused yet very cool color. (Purple moreso.. though..) :wink:

Very interesting sets. I am debating on what ones, if any, to get.

I didn't realize that the sharks would be so large. It looks like the minifigures will fit in their mouths.

But as much as I like the sharks with "laser" beams, it is hard for me to get excited about more vehicle sets. The non-stop barrage of action vehicle sets since the Batman line began (i.e. Crystal Skull, Speed Racer, and even Star -another spaceship?- Wars) is getting tiresome.

Thanks Doc! I think i'm buying that Jet set!

The things that are lurking me to the Agents are the

re-introducement of the sharks and all the silver!

The things i may be shipping in August, if the release

won't crop-up, would be: The little Jet, gotta love that,

the Shark :sweet: and the car from the Helicopter Chase.

The Truck .. it looks huuuuuge .. I think in my city, it

would take the whole road and would scrap all Traffic Lights :tongue:

{Rupee}

OK, so I'm not going with the choir on this one: I like the fact that they're using some unusual colours, such as silver and dark blue, but the set design is just atrocious! The truck is hideous and the jet fighter is just silly. If I buy any of these, then only at a discount and only for the parts.

Cheers,

Ralph

Dr Sinister, thanks for the lovely pics. It's nice to see such clear clarity of the Agent sets. I am not a big Agent fan, but I must fully endorse that this is something that TLC's move is rather bold on these theme. We seen quite a fair number of different views. Nevertheless, the only thing that may interest me is the jet apart from that, I will give it a pass unless there are sales. :classic:

Thanks for the pics!

God Bless,

Nathan

I'm predicting Agents to be yet another one-and-done theme (see also: Dino Attack, Aquaraiders, Vikings, etc.). Aside from the wonderfully bizarre mini-figs, I don't see much here that interests me.

Agents_001.JPG

Not going to be very secret if they're driving around in a truck that is thirty feet tall. Not going to get very far either, if they have to go under a bridge...

Steve

I like that set with the car and aerial guy , though it would look too big next to 4-stud wide cars! :laugh: That truck could be used for another formula 1 team!

OK, so I'm not going with the choir on this one: I like the fact that they're using some unusual colours, such as silver and dark blue, but the set design is just atrocious! The truck is hideous and the jet fighter is just silly. If I buy any of these, then only at a discount and only for the parts.

Cheers,

Ralph

I normally don't quote my own posts, but a discussion elsewhere has convinced me that I was too harsh in my comments. I really don't like the look and the agents theme doesn't do much for me. However, that's probably because I mainly build jets and trucks myself, which means that I am particularly hard to please. So, that's more a reflection of my personal bias than that there's anything wrong with these. The set designers work for a specific audience and obviously within constraints on budget and buildability (I know that's not a real word, but you know what I mean) that simply don't apply to MOCs. These sets obviously aren't aimed at me, but at boys between 7 and 12 and I am pretty sure that if LEGO would have released anything like these back when I was a child, I would have thought they were the best thing since sliced bread.

Cheers,

Ralph

Edited by Ralph_S

Not going to be very secret if they're driving around in a truck that is thirty feet tall. Not going to get very far either, if they have to go under a bridge...

The scale is absurd isn't it? Even allowing for some the angle of the pictures the truck looks gigantic.