Hinckley

The Elflands Contest

The Elflands Contest

elflands.gif

The Elflands are described as a deep woodland of mystery and magic. You have four weeks and a 100 piece limit to show us what set you would create if you were designing a LEGO Elf set.

Rules:

• You have until May 6 (the end of Castle Month) to complete your entry. There will be no extension for this contest and no late entires will be accepted.
  • Use only LEGO brand elements and customs, imitation brands will burn in hell.
  • You can use custom pieces (including Brickforge and Brickarms products, etc...) and decals.
  • You can use sculpey or clay, play-doh, etc... to make hair pieces only.
  • You are not allowed to photoshop in new elements, weapons, hairpieces, etc...
  • Only one entry per member.
  • Post no more that three pictures per entry.
  • Use no more than 100 pieces.
  • a minifig (with torso, legs, hat and head) counts as three pieces. This does not include weapons, capes or accessories.
  • I'll be nice and say that a giant troll counts for one piece.
  • There is no minifig limit (army builders ;-) )

Please Post your entries here.

Get your entries in ASAP, because once Castle Month is over, the contest will be closed!

A most excellent proposition, good sir. Thou may counteth me in!

I'm confused by LEGO elements only, but custom pieces allowed. Are they only allowed if we make them?

... and decals.

Hmmm... How self serving of me would it be to mention that KhoRne requested the Elven shield from the inspiration picture for this contest, and I supplied a few variations of a potential decal for it in this thread... ;-)

Mysterious Elves On! *y*

Yay, castle month! *sweet*

This should be a fun contest, I think I will attempt an entry. Elves are great! *y*

I'm confused by LEGO elements only, but custom pieces allowed. Are they only allowed if we make them?

I edited the rules to make it more clear. I am all for the use of custom pieces from AFOLs like arealight, brickforge, brickarms, etc...

This is a very wondeful contest. But i don't have much custom parts with me. Guess i have to try to make do with my existing LEGO parts. I will try to come up one similar elves concept, but i scared it will end up like Forestmen. I will do my best for this contest. Castle month is great! ;-)

This is a very wondeful contest. But i don't have much custom parts with me. Guess i have to try to make do with my existing LEGO parts. I will try to come up one similar elves concept, but i scared it will end up like Forestmen. I will do my best for this contest. Castle month is great! ;-)

Thanks & don't worry about the custom parts. They aren't required. I'm only saying they are allowed. I have a feeling most people's entries won't have them.

I'll give this a try (as soon as I finish the Pirates entry) and change my sigfig to a more castle oriented look (as soon as I get my hands on some bricks).

Great idea, staff *y*

LuxorV

Thanks & don't worry about the custom parts. They aren't required. I'm only saying they are allowed. I have a feeling most people's entries won't have them.

Thanks for your advice!

Btw, it's really sweet of you to help me with my "small" favour! I really feel very happy with this new and correct name. :-$ Thank you so much, Hinckley!

Thanks for your advice!

Btw, it's really sweet of you to help me with my "small" favour! I really feel very happy with this new and correct name. :-$ Thank you so much, Hinckley!

No problem :-D I'm glad you're happy.

I'll give this a try (as soon as I finish the Pirates entry) and change my sigfig to a more castle oriented look (as soon as I get my hands on some bricks).

Great idea, staff *y*

LuxorV

Exactly what i was gonna say X-D if you want to know my thoughts read his post..

Wow! I love "months" and this is my first one! :'-)

I better get started on this soon then, so many competitions!

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Sounds interesting. I presume we have to make some elf minifigs as well? Or are we just building a set?

Great idea, but I can unfortunately not enter because I used most my Light-gray and green bricks for my newest castle. :'-(

Hey,

I've posted an announcement of this contest and the whole month in the Classic-Castle forums. Hope that's okay. One question on the contest - how are figs and accessories counted towards the 100 piece limit? A simple fig of legs, torso assembly, head and hairpiece could be 1 piece or 10 depending on how you count it.

Bruce

How is a Little Armory sword any different than a MegaBloks sword? Please enlighten me.

Well, to start the list( ;-) ), MB is made out of BS plastic that easily bends out of proportion and breaks, whereas Little Armory... Doesen't sell swords. :-/

Oh wait, it DID, right? I wouldn't know... :-P

Also, MB is illegal to use in MOCs on this forum. If it is, you will be hunted down for the rest of your life and eventually killed by an EB Administrator disguised as a Nazgul.

How is a Little Armory sword any different than a MegaBloks sword? Please enlighten me.

With pleasure.

IMO, Little Armory is run by AFOL(s) who are intent on enhancing our LEGO experience out of their love for the brick. Megablocks is a corporation of despicable thieves. Consider yourself enlightened. :-P

Hey,

I've posted an announcement of this contest and the whole month in the Classic-Castle forums. Hope that's okay.

That is very ok, thanks !!!

One question on the contest - how are figs and accessories counted towards the 100 piece limit? A simple fig of legs, torso assembly, head and hairpiece could be 1 piece or 10 depending on how you count it.

I'll leave that one for Hinckley.

OK, are base plates allowed? Ships hulls? Sails? Oh, wait, that's the Pirate contest 8-| I'll knock something up :-D

Punny... *sing*

I'll leave that one for Hinckley.

I'd say 3, one part for head, torso and legs. That's how TLC counts them.

I'd say 3, one part for head, torso and legs. That's how TLC counts them.

Sly Owl is wise. 3 parts it is, not including epaulettes and capes. ;-)

Sly Owl is wise. 3 parts it is, not including epaulettes and capes. ;-)

So that means epaulettes and capes and weapons each count as an element?

On a semi-related note, does anyone know if the cloth capes are counted in Lego's official piece count for official sets? I've never considered that before.

Steve

So that means epaulettes and capes and weapons each count as an element?

Let's say you have a minifig in your entry and he has legs, a torso, a head and a hat. That's three pieces. Now add a cape, a sword as a shield. That's three more pieces. That's a total of 6. :-)

Not sure if this was mentioned or not, but I trust two minifigures are allowed? :-$

According to the rules, you can fit 33 figures in there.

According to the rules, you can fit 33 figures in there.

33 and a third, now that you say it. ;-) X-D

I'll get to work right away! >:-) I wonder how many shrooms I can fit in.... *skull*

Edited by SirNadroj