Are there any pictures as they dont seem to work for me. All I get is an outline.

No pictures, just the listing. :wink:

The railway station will not be very large at 423 pieces. A pity but not unexpected. Completely expected on the other hand is a large cargo train and a smaller passenger train.

I wonder what colour they will be. I hope for large train windows in green but that isn't likely since train windows seem to be out of fashion (in that they are being used less) and I've been told by LEGO designer Mark Stafford that green isn't a popular colour among kids.

Hey, very cool! Thanks for the heads up.

400-some odd pieces for the station is a disappointment. I was really hoping for some big 3,000 piece modular-type deal. :grin: Well, I've been threatening to replicate my hometown's station, so I guess this is my opportunity.

Joe

In the discussion.speculation thread, user 1974 (who appears to work for LEGO) told us that the passenger train would be white and the cargo train would be blue.

Hey, very cool! Thanks for the heads up.

400-some odd pieces for the station is a disappointment. I was really hoping for some big 3,000 piece modular-type deal. :grin: Well, I've been threatening to replicate my hometown's station, so I guess this is my opportunity.

Joe

I bet we get a WV train station before a modular one... and even that may be a reach...

In the discussion.speculation thread, user 1974 (who appears to work for LEGO) told us that the passenger train would be white and the cargo train would be blue.

I bet we get a WV train station before a modular one... and even that may be a reach...

I also have a very strong hunch that we'll get a WV station sometime soon. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Maybe its more of a cargo related station or goods depot?

Now that would be sweet!

Hey, you may very well be on to something there! They are doing cargo in City this year. That would be awesome as the cargo truck I bought has nowhere to go!

Joe

Nice find, direct confirmation of what 1974 had previously stated. It will have been about 4 years since the last "City" trains sets were released, they seem to be on a 4 year cycle. Looking forward to seeing the designs.

Happy New Year, indeed!

I don't think we can complain about the piece count of the new train station; both the previous train stations are under 400 pieces. 7997: Train Station has 387 pieces and 7937: Train Station has 361 pieces.

Based on the posted piece count of the passenger train, I sense a return to a large, one-piece nose similar to 7897: Passenger Train. I hope not, though.

If it's true, I'm looking forward to a blue train. There's not been a blue train since 4561: Railway Express. It makes sense for a blue train though; 60044: Mobile Police Unit appears to have 92339: Chassis 6x28x6.4 in blue.

Cheers from Claremore, OK USA! :classic:

Dave

Even though the train station has only 423 pieces to it.....usually Lego use 1x6x5 panels and 1x2x5 bricks to the max......so it could be a reasonable size station.....again toy fair time will show the way. :wink:

The station price converts to about £35, the Passenger Train to £90, and the Goods Train to an eye-watering £150! The piece counts are about the same as the current sets.

Personally I'm hoping the Goods Train is dark blue, but that may be a bit of a pipe dream...

Edited by Paperballpark

I hope the passenger train will be an american styled train. An Amtrac train would be nice with my Maersk :grin:

Edited by Wabbajack

Thanks for sharing this info. Can someone explain what a WV train station is? I'm clueless

Edited by ronenson

Thanks wanted to know too and im sitting with the latest wv set now, I should have known

Good news! Something to look forward to while collecting the other sets. (just starting with lego trains) :blush:

White train with name high speed and only 610 pieces?I think I found photo :-D .

93211993ba_66106742_o2.jpg

:tongue:

White train with name high speed and only 610 pieces?I think I found photo :-D .

:tongue:

That looks familiar for some reason. :laugh: Maybe then price of the current red passenger train will go down.

Cant wait for pics of the new trains, always need more haha.

Station not that bothered about. I have the most resent and also the yellow grand Station from the 90s and I dont use ether on my layout me station on my layout is 5500 pieces and its not even that detailed.

But will await those pics of the new trains. Yay for 2014 and new trains go lego keep the trains going.

So does this mean 7938 and 7939 are going to (finally) retire?

Only 7937 Train station is on the retiring soon list on USA S&H.

Edited by grymg

Nice to hear some more info about the new train line.

I am quite sure the station will not be in a WV theme? Why? The basic train line (aimed at children) never had any special station from other LEGO themes... Just go back in time and I don't think LEGO will surprise us now.

On a side-note, I know the trains are aimed at kids and I fully understand the lack of interest for the LEGO Company to produce loose rolling stock and other track side structures (like they did in the past), but it is starting to get boring this way. A cargo train and a passanger train (that always has the same setup, never one loc and 2 coaches) is what we have been getting for the last 15 years.