#1 Shadows

Shadows

• Awesome, brilliant, not redundant.

Member: 1558

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:55 AM

Me
Staudie
Ras 74

Welcome to EB Community News! Our special guest this evening is Ras 74. Sure, you know him for whacking Hinckley, but he's so much more than that, as we'll learn in the next half hour.

Let's switch over to cub reporter Staudie right now, for his in-depth interview!

*scene switches to Ras 74 and Staudie*

Now you are annoying me  ;-)

Wait until he starts the interview ...

Q. Why the name and the odd sigfig?
A. Well I was like many other people not that creative when I first signed up.
That was back on FBTB *Can I say FBTB or will it just say "MEGABLOCK" instead*
My full name is Rickard Rasmusson, so I just took the first 3 letters in my last name and added 74 which is my year of birth. Most people call me "Ras".
Donīt really know what you mean by odd Sigfig though.

Q. How long have you collected lego?
A. Since I was 3 years old really. But then I had a Dark-Age in about 14 years.
I started to collect again in 2002 in the fall. It was then I discovered that LEGO did Star Wars. That is really one of the biggest themes that brought peolpe out of the closet.

Are you making a revelation of a different sort here? :-P

Q. What is your favourite Set?
A. WOW!! there really is so many to pick from... Can I say more then 1?
The RGS, the old AT-AT (that also is my latest project to improve a bit *shhh, donīt tell anyone*), and offcourse I must pick Jango Fettīs Slave I since that is the set that brought me back.

Q. What is your Favourite Theme?
A. Isnīt that quite obvious??!! A blind man could tell.
That doesn't help in his case ...

Q. Best In Real Life Lego Moment?
A. When my daughter was born! Oh you mean LEGO wise... First one was discovering LEGO had made Star Wars! Second one was when I found out that there was forums and several more persons as crazy as I was. The third one must have been when I met Copmike - aka CM. It is really nice to have a good friend that just loves the same thing as I do, and that he lives so close to me *donīt move to the wrong side of the country damn it* (internal joke in Sweden, meaning: we live on the westcost, and he is from the east cost = wrong side of the country. He has taken a job there for 5 years).
Then of course all the Events when we can actually meet those people that we talk to everyday in "Real-life", that is so awesome.
And least but one of the most important things, The News!! WOW is that exciting!!

Uh huh. Here at EB News, we're just full of excitement.

Q. Best "HINCKLEY!!!!" Moment?
A. Hasnīt been yet... But as the force is strong with me... I can see it will happen between 18 of November to 26 of November!! Stay tuned everyone out there, don't hold your breath, but it will be a blast!!
... and in an unexpected announcement, EB News would like to mention that it will be covering this event with a big menage-a-whatever interview of the whole lot of you and your stories from this historic meeting!

Q. Best Eb Moment?
A. Well that question was answered earlier by accident so will you just continue??
Aw, does he have to?

Q. Am I annoying yet?
A. I will let you know exactly 2 seconds ahead!

Q. How bout now?  
A. You're still good... But that is just because I like the job you've done so far with all those interviews. If I was your first victim, and had no idea where this was going, and didn't know you at all, I would've strangled you with the wire of your microphone when you just said "Why the..."
An excellent idea.

Q. If you could design a custom set, what would it be? Whatever you want. No "Wack a EB member" sets please.
A. That is another good question. Something Star Warisch for sure... Iīm pretty sure TLC is still fullfilling dreams, come back with this question when the Licence run out, and I will answer it then.

Q. Im sure you've met some EB members here. Can you describe them to us?
A. Yes I have, and boy is that a blast. You could see the Pyramids in Giza, Coloseum in Rome, the Eiffel Tower in Paris, but the one thing you really must do once in your life is to come to an EB event.
Well since I've been to them all I have met a few of our great members.
Several of the ones you've interviewed actually.
As for descriptions... come and see for yourselves!!

Ya big tease ...

Q. Can we see your lair? We like lairs... Makes us feel like were ploting agains M#g$b!o%*5...
A. I have no updated pics, but there will be in a near future. Here is the most recent of my LEGO-display-room  and here is my full BS gallery... knock yourself out!!
Couldn't you knock him out for us?

Q. Ok, now, Shoe size and prefered underwear colour? X-D
A. Big hard 43s and white!!
I can understand the shoe question, since it'll end up in his megablocks one day, but I don't get the underwear part at all.

Q. Who should we Interview Next?
A.. I would really like to read interviews with Mutley777 and the beautiful (hope it is ok to say your girlfriend is pretty, Apo) Aredhel. Can you do that?
You never know who might be on here next! (the way he does the interviews, I never know)

Thanks for joining us!
Nice talking to you, if you cross my path again... wear hockeyprotections!!

*static and interferance, then the signal changes to something unexpected*

New Voice: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. From the Meridian Room in the Park Plaza Hotel in New York City, we bring you the music of Ramón Raquello and his orchestra. With a touch of the Spanish, Ramón Raquello leads off with "La Cumparsita."

*"La Cumparsita" begins playing, then fades out*

Second New Voice: Ladies and gentlemen, we interrupt our program of dance music to bring you a special bulletin from the Intercontinental Radio News. At twenty minutes before eight, central time, Professor Farrell of the Mount Jennings Observatory, Chicago, Illinois, reports observing several explosions of incandescent gas, occurring at regular intervals on the planet Mars. The spectroscope indicates the gas to be hydrogen and moving towards the earth with enormous velocity.  
    Professor Pierson of the Observatory at Princeton confirms Farrell's observation, and describes the phenomenon as, quote, "like a jet of blue flame shot from a gun," unquote.
    We now return you to the music of Ramón Raquello, playing for you in the Meridian Room of the Park Plaza Hotel, situated in downtown New York.

*the music resumes, ends, and the crowd applauds*

That was odd.

Oh, sorry boss, I was playing with a knob.

You are a knob.

Oh yeah, well you're a ...

*static and interferance again*

New Voice: Ladies and gentlemen, I have a grave announcement to make.
    Incredible as it may seem, both the observations of science and the evidence of our eyes lead to the inescapable assumption that those strange beings who landed in the Jersey farmlands tonight are the vanguard of an invading army from the planet Mars.

Um... Staudie... are you playing with that knob again?

No boss, honest.

I see. Well, in that case folks, it's been a real pleasure being with you this evening but we need to go now. Nothing is wrong, of course. No reason to panic. Everyone should go about their business like normal. I'll see you all next week!

*imperialshadows is seen running around, grabbing guns and ammo, barricading windows and doors as the camera fades*

*camera fades back in to a drastically different scene, including a couple of aliens sitting in front of the camera*

Three-eyed Alien: Welcome back! This evening, we're here to introduce ourselves, your new alien overlords. We mean you no harm, more or less, so long as you cooperate with our demands. MARS NEEDS WOMEN! Bring them immediately to this studio, and we might let you pathetic little beings live. Maybe. Bring hot ones and you'll improve your odds.

*as the other alien tries to act menacing and reaches for his disruptor pistol, his mask slips off and reveals none other than Staudie*

A spy! *the alien whacks Staudie with a nearby oar, but unfortunately dislodges his own mask, revealing imperialshadows* :-$

Er...

Happy Halloween!
X-D

*camera fades*

Edited by imperialshadows, 30 October 2007 - 08:57 AM.

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#2 LuxorV

LuxorV

• Will Cat Accordingly.

Member: 1771

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:28 AM

Nice interview, as always *y*

And very interesting anticipations of on-coming events 8-°

View Postimperialshadows, on Oct 30 2007, 09:55 AM, said:

I see. Well, in that case folks, it's been a real pleasure being with you this evening but we need to go now. Nothing is wrong, of course. No reason to panic. Everyone should go about their business like normal. I'll see you all next week!

*imperialshadows is seen running around, grabbing guns and ammo, barricading windows and doors as the camera fades*

Here I expected you to take your towel, too X-D

LuxorV

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr

#3 Vader

Vader

Member: 83

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:33 AM

Well Ras that sure is one impressive display room you have their, but the best part is that sweet jango pic on the door *wub*  It just works so well X-D

#4 Holodoc

Holodoc

• Has finally seen the box

Member: 1094

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:23 AM

Yet again a very nice interview - thank you both IS and Staudie! *y*

One of my best EB-moments was meeting Ras and CM at our last event in Günzburg.
It was nice to read more about one of my swedish friends. I had a look at your BS-folder, Ras (although obviously there isnīt much besides SW  |-/  :-P ): Would you please tell us more about the "bestday"-pics? I can hardly see what the 2x2 tiles are about...

Iīm really looking forward to see you in Billund next year and hopefully there will be a lot new eventees, too. *wub*

Waiting for the next interview. (Good suggestions btw.)
Even more interested in LEGO bricks & parts? Read Tim Johnson's (aka Caperberry) blog: Posted Image

#5 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Member: 255

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:26 AM

Yeay those interviews are fun especially with that swede SW nerd  X-D  :-P

Oh boy how I envy your SW room  ;-)

I'll move that again to Community  ;-)

*yoda*

#6 TheFrisian

TheFrisian

Member: 1992

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:35 AM

Another great interview! It gets a bit dodgy at the end, but hey, that's half the fun of it :-D Keep interviewing guys, it's really fun to read! *y*

#7 Lt. Col. Thok

Lt. Col. Thok

• Captain Blue Hair is the best!

Member: 1188

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:01 PM

As usual, a nice interview!!  Mars needs women.... :-D
Quick! Defend your breakfast choice!CLICK
Posted Image
My "Pirates in the Snow" Series: Part One~Part Two~Part Three
Follow my new LDD Castle series: Church~Butcher Shop~Soldier's Pub~Blockhouse
Is it just a coincidence that Grand Theft Auto and the Greater Toronto Area use the same initials? :-p
My Brickshelf Posted Image<---Thanks Joey!

#8 Shadows

Shadows

Posted 30 October 2007 - 02:43 PM

View Postxwingyoda, on Oct 30 2007, 06:26 AM, said:

Yeay those interviews are fun especially with that swede SW nerd  X-D  :-P

*yoda*

We're in community now? Cool! That's where I thought it should be a few interviews ago, but did Staudie listen? Oh noooooo, not him, not my cub reporter :-| X-D

You know, all the others are still stuck in General though, this is the first one you've moved ;-)

Nevertheless, all future episodes will appear directly in community! Thank you for your kind assistance *yoda* *y*

We here at EB News thank all of you for the kind words as well. These interviews are a lot of fun to put together and will hopefully run for a long time. :-)

Edited by imperialshadows, 30 October 2007 - 02:49 PM.

#9 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:50 PM

Very nice and funny indeed, Invasion from Mars on!  *y*
Posted Image

#10 iamded

iamded

• Cannot neigh to save his life.

Member: 1225

Posted 31 October 2007 - 04:39 AM

Awesome interview... again! Keep it up guys! Interesting ending... Happy Halloween ON! :-D  :-P
~Peace

Check out Eurobricks' RPG, Mafia and Wargames forum for the best fun.

#11 Hinckley

Hinckley

• I'm an idito!

Member: 486

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:41 AM

Great interview guys! May I ask why it was posted in Community? All the other ones have been in General Discussion. They probably should've been here all along, but I would think you'd stay consistent since none of the others were moved...

Anyway, it's nice to learn more about Ras and see his tough guy attitude in action.

Isnīt that quite obvious??!! A blind man could tell.
:-D  :-D  :-D I have a follow-up question for Ras: Why do you act like such a tough-as$ when you are really a big sissy? :-P

Thanks again guys for all of the great interviews...

Posted Image Posted Image

#12 Starwars4J

Starwars4J

Member: 257

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:09 AM

View PostHinckley, on Oct 31 2007, 12:41 AM, said:

Great interview guys! May I ask why it was posted in Community? All the other ones have been in General Discussion. They probably should've been here all along, but I would think you'd stay consistent since none of the others were moved...

View Postxwingyoda, on Oct 30 2007, 06:26 AM, said:

:-|  :-P

#13 Hinckley

Hinckley

• I'm an idito!

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:12 AM

View PostStarwars4J, on Oct 31 2007, 01:09 AM, said:

:-|  :-P

I don't like reading everything. :-P

#14 Shadows

Shadows

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:19 AM

View PostHinckley, on Oct 31 2007, 01:12 AM, said:

I don't like reading everything. :-P

<insert a 'reading your face' joke here> :-P

Yeah, I always wanted them in community, and was told they belonged in general. Then *yoda* moved this one where I'd always said they belonged, but seemed to indicate he'd done it before, though all the rest are in general. Don't ask me, I'm just along for the ride. ;-)

I know! We need a new EB News Interviews forum! *runs off to start a thread* :-| :-P

#15 Hinckley

Hinckley

• I'm an idito!

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:43 AM

Would you like them all moved here?

#16 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Member: 1554

Posted 31 October 2007 - 08:03 AM

Thanks for another interview.  *sweet*  You guys are getting good at this...

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!

#17 Shadows

Shadows

Posted 31 October 2007 - 11:52 AM

View PostHinckley, on Oct 31 2007, 02:43 AM, said:

Would you like them all moved here?

Yes please, that would be lovely. *wub*  *y*

#18 Ras 74

Ras 74

• Prince of PMÂīs

Member: 114

Posted 31 October 2007 - 12:30 PM

View PostHolodoc, on Oct 30 2007, 12:23 PM, said:

One of my best EB-moments was meeting Ras and CM at our last event in Günzburg.
It was nice to read more about one of my swedish friends. I had a look at your BS-folder, Ras (although obviously there isnīt much besides SW  |-/  :-P ): Would you please tell us more about the "bestday"-pics? I can hardly see what the 2x2 tiles are about...
Thanks Doc  *wub*
The thing was just that I got those 2 posters and those 1x1 prited tiles. I really loved that part back then
(still do actually), and it was before I knew how to work BL to good. I thought that part was really hard to get.

View Postxwingyoda, on Oct 30 2007, 12:26 PM, said:

I know... I still envy myself sometimes  ;-)  :-P

View PostHinckley, on Oct 31 2007, 06:41 AM, said:

Anyway, it's nice to learn more about Ras and see his tough guy attitude in action. :-D  :-D  :-D I have a follow-up question for Ras: Why do you act like such a tough-as$ when you are really a big sissy? :-P
When I see you in person I will break every bone in your body and you will have to eat thru a tube. Then lets see if you ask the same question  >:-)  ;-)

Personally I think you should make a few follow-up questions to the once you first ask.
there is some really obvious once that could be asked in several interviews.

Oh and I would like you to add Holodoc to my list of interesting persons to have a next interview.
Got to love to find out some more about the Doc. At least one of the 2 actually.

-Rasinator-
Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Please read the
Members Guidelines and check the Tutorials Index

Brickshelf Gallery

#19 Hinckley

Hinckley

• I'm an idito!

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:57 PM

View PostRas 74, on Oct 31 2007, 07:30 AM, said:

When I see you in person I will break every bone in your body and you will have to eat thru a tube. Then lets see if you ask the same question  >:-)  ;-)

I will write it down if I have to. :-P

#20 CopMike

CopMike

• All your baseplate are belong to us

Member: 148

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:18 AM

A waste of time if you ask me that interview with Rush47 was *yoda*!

View PostHinckley, on Oct 31 2007, 05:41 AM, said:

I have a follow-up question for Ras: Why do you act like such a tough-as$ when you are really a big sissy? :-P
Yeah Hinckley, smack down hard on him Posted Image!

No, seriously - nice interview and nice to read about you Ras my friend. Now letīs hook up and build some stuff later today *y*!

Swedes On

copmike

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users