Sign in to follow this  
Oky

Little Deaths: EB server issues

Hello there. For the past few weeks, I have had trouble from time to time with opening Eurobricks and navigating around in it. This happens regularly (about twice a day), but only sometimes. And when it happens, I try to log into EB from a different computer, but I get the same problem. I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing such problems.

This hasn't happened before, and I'm pretty sure that it's not the fault of my computer, so could it be that there is something wrong with the EB server or something? :pir-look:

You're not alone, Oky Wan. For the last few hours today, I couldn't access the website at all. No big problem, however; but it does happen every few days at my comp. :pir-sweet:

We're too popular. The server is OK, but sometimes during peak demand it all becomes a bit too much. We're working on it... :wink:

(That's all you're getting out of me for the moment.)

We're too popular. The server is OK, but sometimes during peak demand it all becomes a bit too much. We're working on it... :wink:

(That's all you're getting out of me for the moment.)

yea but we're members :pir-tongue: shouldnt we be able to access it and the "guests not at those peak hour momements? :wink:

Hi!

In the last few days, I surfed Eurobricks at around 2-3am (GMT+1), and it was slow indeed.

Hollisbrick makes a good point about members having priority but some forum software does not have the option for differentiating between guests and members and who gets what.

Of course that could be what Sinner is referring to when he says they are working on something.

I always have ultra-low load time and fast response, so your problems are new to me. :pir-tongue:

As Sinner said: we are working on it and trying different options every day. Recently we doubled our server power but still we have some problems. It will take us too far to go into the details of what we are trying, but having the board run smooth at all times is our top priority.

We can't give priority to members over guests when the server is under high load. That's not supported in the forum software.

Feel free to make a post in this thread the moment you are experiencing serious problems with accessing us (or maybe best just after the problems are over :-)).

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, or if anyone else is experiencing this, but i'm unable to access the "View New Posts" option, all I get is this:

The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Is this related/part of the problem at all?

Is this related/part of the problem at all?

Yes, it is related. We are doing tests by temporary shutting down "non essential" functions to see what's the impact on our server problem. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Yes, I've experienced this too. When I search EB on google, if I type it in all the way "www.eurobricks.com" it refuses to let me on the site, unless I got to EB through my favorites> As well, it can become very laggy (not mu ISP because all my other windows are going as fast as usually.

When I search EB on google, if I type it in all the way "www.eurobricks.com" it refuses to let me on the site, unless I got to EB through my favorites>

That is probably an issue of yours.... As a guess, you're going to the old site. :wink:

It's annoying when that happens, but we have plenty else to do, like playing with LEGO. :pir-tongue:

(Look at it like this- it's not nearly as bad as BZP)

Yes, I've experienced this too. When I search EB on google, if I type it in all the way "www.eurobricks.com" it refuses to let me on the site, unless I got to EB through my favorites> As well, it can become very laggy (not mu ISP because all my other windows are going as fast as usually.

Sinner is probably right on this because there is two main links that come a with a Google search, if you click the second one it will take you to the nonfunctioning site.

I've experienced server timeouts quite a lot lately... hopefully this problem with be solved soon. Thanks to the staff for their hard work on this. :pir-sweet:

Guessing this is also related to the same problem but i cannot use the search option for the forums. It just comes back as i do not have permission to use this feature.

Guessing this is also related to the same problem but i cannot use the search option for the forums. It just comes back as i do not have permission to use this feature.

Yes, that's related. We're doing some tests which involve temporary shutting down certain features (like the search option). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yes, that's related. We're doing some tests which involve temporary shutting down certain features (like the search option). Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm sure we can all understand when it is for the better of the site.

The site was down for quite a while earlier today, and it seems like some people's topics got triple-posted during that time.

The site was down for quite a while earlier today, and it seems like some people's topics got triple-posted during that time.

Ah yes...that explains my mega post :pir-tongue::pir-blush:

Ah yes...that explains my mega post :pir-tongue::pir-blush:

And acouple other things like the 4 Pm's I got from you saying the same thing.... :pir-tongue:

And I couldnt post some stuff 'cos it just majorly stuffed up. :pir-hmpf_bad: So I had to write a long post allover again...

And I couldnt post some stuff 'cos it just majorly stuffed up. :pir-hmpf_bad: So I had to write a long post allover again...

Sinner's Tech Tip of the Day: If that happens (on EB or any site) press "back", copy your post, save to a text file, and try again later. If you can't do that use another browser, such as Opera, that lets you do this.