This was an extremely fun build. I tilted the wood sections using ball joints, for the first time. The idea of the build was to create a wacky, and whimsical atmosphere. Hence the unusual colorscheme for the build.

There's a full interior, and the elevator actually works. Also Amfridus has devised a bucket system whereby he procures water without leaving his home.

Glorfindel's inventor friend, Gimcrack, was going to visit another inventor named Amfridus who lived in Avalonia.

Glorfindel decided to accompany Gimcrack and see how the Mitgardian-Avalonian relations were faring after the recent crisis. Amfridus' home wasnt too far from the Mitgardian border, and they soon arrived at the winding path leading to Amfridus' tower and workshop:

overview.JPG

side.JPG

front.JPG

houses.JPG

water.JPG

path.JPG

Amfridus, himself:

amfridus.JPG

His cave workshop:

cave.JPG

cave2.JPG

Bucket system, inside:

bucket.JPG

See more pictures of the build here: link

And see Gimcrack's house here: link

C&C welcome :classic:

Wow! That's simply awesome! It looks amazing. I really like how the wood sections are tilted. And the purple integrated into it looks incredibly natural.

How do you bust out excellent MOCs like this so quick :wub: ?

Way to poor on the awesome lately!

I would be interested in seeing the ball joints in action if you have a picture (which of course may not be possible from where they may be placed) That is a great idea.

Nice build, SK!

The coloring is very interesting, especially the purple in the stone! The waterfall and stones are nice, as are those half-timber sections!

Fan of purple that I am, your use of that color in this build is just fantastic! It's amazing how well it blends in both with the stone tower and the outside rockwork! I also really like the use of tan for the wood sections and the lavender under the water is excellent! :thumbup:

Lovely rock-work, SK, and great house and tower! :classic:

The rock bridge and waterfall are excellent, and as Kai mentioned the purple under the water looks remarkably good! :thumbup:

Looks like a fun build indeed, love the colors and composure of this build! Rather brave use of colors I must say. At first I thought this was a Mitgardian build and couldn't believe something so... glitzy would be built there. But then I saw it was in Avalonia, and everything made sense! :laugh:

The interior scenes look great too, especially the cave/potion room. Certainly a unique and clever build!

It's so purple! So so purple! I never would have thought so much of a color like this would be effective in a GoH build, but wow, you really make it work, and make it look good! The tower, with it's Tudor additions, are lovely, as is the rockwork, water, and landscaping. The interior is an intriguing thing of beauty.