Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Baritones 3

I may as well keep the Mafia momentum going. No need to wait until Wednesday.

signup.jpg

Currently I've set this up for 17 players. If there's a lot of interest, I'll consider expanding that. I'll just tweak a couple of things. I'll keep this open for one week.

Please, when you sign up, indicate:

1. Your past Mafia experience (You must be a graduate of Mafia School or have played before) Not Mystery, Mafystery or Shadows bloodbaths

2. Your availability to post frequently for the next 6-8 weeks

3. Applied knowledge of the board software's use of the term "portal"

4. Your most embarrassing moment (yes, there's a reason. If you don't want to share, make one up :grin: )

This game will run as Werewolf, Bloodbrick, The Forest and the last two Mafia School games: on time. Days will last 72 hours. Nights will last 24-48 hours. Night Actions must be in 24 hours after a day has ended. If you can't commit to this, don't signup. If you don't participate, I'll get pissed off and you don't want me pissed off at you. :wub_drool:

Hooray! Let the signups commence. :thumbup:

I'm away for three weeks, so no sign up for me. Looks great though and best of luck to all players!

Looks great Hinck! Unfortunately, I'll be away for a bit in the middle of August, so I won't be able to sign up.

Hooray! Sign up time's early!

I would love to play, Hinck.

1. I've been in Bloodbrick, the Forest, and Belleville mafias.

2. I should have nothing to interfere with participation.

3. There is no "portal" connecting EB and any Writeboards.

4. I'll assume you mean in real life, although my gameplay in Belleville was somewhat embarrassing, voting out too many innocent people. Let's see. There was a Thanksgiving with my in-laws a few years ago. So friday morning after eating too much stuffing, I was laying on their bathroom floor in intense pain. After a few hours of this my father-in-law drove me to the hospital. Turns out celery now makes me so gassy it feels like my intestines are going to explode. The gave me stuff to numb my intestines and gave me a large dose of anti-gas stuff. Of course this gave me intense diarrhea the rest of the Thanksgiving visit. So fun all around. That embarrassing enough?

1. Your past Mafia experience

Piles of it.

There is a chance I'll be starting a new job, in which case I'll be moving, but I'll still be able to play over the phone...

It's how EB connects to other sites, right?

4. Your most embarrassing moment (yes, there's a reason. If you don't want to share, make one up :grin:

One night, while eating sausages with a friend, rather than cut them, I simply stabbed them with a fork and bit into them. On one bite, I couldn't bite through the skin easily. As I bit, it punctured a little hole, then just put pressure on the meat inside, causing a jet of sausage spray to shoot up my nose. It gave me a bloody nose. My friend laughed at me.

I'm away for three weeks, so no sign up for me. Looks great though and best of luck to all players!

Looks great Hinck! Unfortunately, I'll be away for a bit in the middle of August, so I won't be able to sign up.

I see I am not alone here; I too am going soon, for a fortnight, starting this Friday. :hmpf_bad:

Oh well, sunny Spain is a good condolence. Best of luck to you all! :thumbup:

Plus, you don't have to share anything embarrassing! It's win win!

This should be fun, to watch, if not play. Baritones are arguably one of the board's most well-known Mafias. :thumbup: And I'm dying of Mafia thirst.

1. Lesee. I bombed on Dystopia, did pretty good on Hogwarts, nuked on Eurodina, did 'okay' in Red Scare, kind of hid behind your shadow in Werewolf, and was, along with everyone, almost totally lost on Darkness. So I haven't been doing well so far. Looking to change that with some strategies now...

2. Might go on a 2 day mini vacation at some point, but it's in a hotel, so it's likely I'll have wifi.

3. Hmm...well, I believe portal is what the board refers to as the front page.

4. Yay, all of our most embarassing moments are going straight into Hinckley's hands...most embarassing moment was probably in public school kickball. I was, and still am, not athletic, at all, so naturally when our class's giant football player kicked the ball a good 200 feet into the air and cam down hurtling at me, I just raised an arm at it. And so I broke my wrist, though my mother didn't take my complaining seriously for a week, so I was doing normal activites for a week with a broken wrist without knowing it. And this is public school, so naturally everybody kept chuckling whenever I'd walk by.

I see I am not alone here; I too am going soon, for a fortnight, starting this Friday. :hmpf_bad:

Isn't a fortnight a weekend? If so, you can sign-up. I doesn't start until next week.

Isn't a fortnight a weekend? If so, you can sign-up. I doesn't start until next week.

I guess a 'fortnight' is a Britishism! :grin:

Sorry. :blush: A fortnight is two weeks! But, if you really want me to sign up... :wink:

Yay, more mafia! :excited:

1. Your past Mafia experience

I played as Town Cop in Mafia School: Isla Paradisa and won. If you include The Coming Darkness, I played a Townie who was lynched on the last Day and ended up joining the Dark Ones and winning.

Very available. And I always post frequently during a game when I'm active and there's something worth talking about in the thread.

The portal is the websites' homepage, and it's a magical doorway run by mysterious insane Root Admins. It connects the rest of the web to EB.

4. Your most embarrassing moment (yes, there's a reason. If you don't want to share, make one up :grin: )

Right now, as I share my most embarrassing moment with Hinck. Will that work? Probably not, so my second most embarrassing moment was when I used 'MegaBloks' as a swear word in a conversation with someone who in general was not exactly the greatest fan of LEGO. That took a good bit of explaining.

Oooh, Baritones 3! :wub: I loved the first two Baritones games, so I'll definitely sign up for this one!

1. I was Claudia Toscana in Sandy's Escape from Isla Paradisa Mafia School. I was Tammo de Belle-ville in Quarryman's Belville Mafia

2. I'll be out of town until August 6th, but sign-ups won't have even closed by then, so I doubt it will be a problem. Other than that, I'm free for the rest of August and September.

3. 'Viewing the Portal' means viewing the frontpage. It is not the portal between EB and Writeboard/IRC. :grin:

4. That's a tough one. I've had a lot of embarrassing moments in my life, but none of them have been really memorable. I'd have to say the aftermath of Belville Mafia was my most embarrassing moment, if only because that's my most recent one (and because it was pretty embarrassing :laugh:). If that's not good enough, I'll try to remember something better.

This game looks like it's going to be a blast, so I certainly hope you'll consider me for it!

6-8 weeks of gameplay! Sounds intense.

1. My only past experience on these boards involved playing as Chief Brody Bulldog in Hinckley's Mafia School: Fabuland Housewives. I played as a plain townie and helped root out one of the last scum, but was hoodwinked later by the remaining one and consequently killed the following night :tongue:

2. I shouldn't be anywhere without an internet connection for extended periods of time. Thank goodness for light senior class loads :laugh:

3. The portal in terms of EB software, I believe is in reference to the Frontpage.

4. As far as memorable embarrassing moments, I don't know if this was the top of the cake, but it's the only one I could think of at the time of writing this down. So I'm helping out at a rather conservative formal convention and I'm supposed to chauffer an elderly lady who's giving a speaking session at another building, I drop her off and then completely forget to pick her back up forcing her to wait for me to never show up, walk for about a quarter of a mile, in the full summer heat, across a 4-6 lane highway back to my building :facepalm: I was apoligizing for quite a while.

Wow! I'd love to join, but I'd rather sit this out since I'll be gone for a few days. Good luck to the accepted players!

Alright, new Mafia!

1. Hm. Experience...

-Won in The Coming Darkness

-Won as the only survivor in Villiage of the Bloody Damned

-Survived (but lost) in Red Scare Mystery

-Lost in Eurodina

-Lost in PoP Mafia game.

2. I should be good to go- I'm too boring to go on things called "vacations".

3. I assume the front page?

4. Oh boy... So many... I'll say the talent show in 7th grade, and my voice cracked. Six times. The whole audience was laughing. Yay.

There is a chance I'll be starting a new job, in which case I'll be moving, but I'll still be able to play over the phone...

Just got a call, they want me to start in three weeks, which means I need to find an apartment, change my visa, and learn my way around a new city. I'm better off just sitting this one out.

Maybe I can be on the reserves.

Just got a call, they want me to start in three weeks, which means I need to find an apartment, change my visa, and learn my way around a new city. I'm better off just sitting this one out.

Maybe I can be on the reserves.

:cry_sad:

I'll play. :classic:

1. Your past Mafia experience (You must be a graduate of Mafia School or have played before)

I played in Galactic Paranoia, Noir Mafia, Prohibition Mafia, Hogwarts Mafia and Eurodina.

I'll be available to play for this entire time period.

The frontpage by which the magic of EB is accessed.

Falling up a flight of stairs.

I've not been to school yet....default_cry4.gif

Maybe next time....default_cry_happy.gif

The history of the world according to Taz:

The term "fortnight" was coined from the period of time Roman soldiers who were garrisoned on Hadrian's Wall had to wait before they could sleep inside the fort(two weeks).

Just doing my bit to fill your head with useless trivia.

Disclaimer : Taz takes no responsibility for any misinformation he may provide ....quote him at your own risk.

1) I've played against you so many times that I don't think I need to list them all. Still haven't won though... that should change some time I hope!

2) Going for a cruise in two weeks for a week. Not sure if there will be internet, but I feel like a cruise will have internet, right? Well, put me down for a maybe for that week. I'd really love to play, but if that's not good enough, well, I certainly understand the need for high activity levels.

3) The front page. Bam.

4) What a strange Hinckley style question. Clearly just for blackmail. I agree, I've had too many to count, but perhaps the one I knew how to handle least and seemed like the most of the end of the world was when I was young. In kindergarten, everything seems like the worse. My tightie-whities had been washed with all our red clothes and dyed pink, but I wore them anyway, since who was going to see them. My entire class had sat down and the teacher was on her way over, but I was being a mean and controlling little child and decided I should quiet the class for the teacher. So I stood up and shushed everyone, and my pants fell down. Laughter ensued.

:drool:

Yeah, I'll play.

1) What's a mafia game? (But seriously if you need to check my previous mafia games everything is in my profile page).

2) I'm not going anywhere, so I'll be able to post regularly.

3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijo0bYSU1F8

4) When I accidentally cut part of my thumb off while whittling.

:cry_sad:

Let's see how sign-ups are, and how my life is in the coming week. Truth is, I'll be moving a month or two ahead of my wife and kid to a city where I don't know anybody, so I could very well be bored as megabluck every night and welcome the respite of a quaint mafia game to whittle away the time.

There's no English TV, and all my cash is going to be invested in relocation, so I may as well make full use of my smart phone's Internet.

Put me on as a tentative yes. Though I may not make a Google spreadsheet for this one.

Just be sure I'm not on Tammo's team :tongue:

Hell yeah I'll play! :grin:

1. If you're unsure of my Mafia history, take a glance at the "About me" box in my profile. There you have it.

2. I'm going back to work next week (yay money!), but there's nothing preventing me from playing this game every day.

3. I'll show you my portal if you show me yours. :wink:

4. My most embarrassing moment must've been when I was attending a course for the Green Youth about five years ago, and we all went to eat on the organization's expense. Oblivious to the "no meat" policy, I ordered kebab while everybody else had falafel. Oh those looks they gave me... :blush:

Yay, cross-dressing construction man! Sign me up please. :sweet:

1. Imperial Soldiers, Dystopia, Eurodina, Bloodbrick, Werewolf, The Forest.

2. No issues there.

3. You just had to label it 'frontpage', didn't you?

4. Uhm, I'm sure you remember us being surrounded by all those 'trustworthy' allies in Bloodbrick? :blush: