277px-Ninjago_2012.jpg

Discretion is the better part of valour, so certain images will be left out...

So, lets discuss next years snippets of information!

I'm looking forward to the following sets:

- Fangpyre Truck Ambush

- Cole's Tread Assault

- Destiny's Bounty

Also, which images have been left out? default_blink.gif

The rumoured sets:

9440 Venomari Shrine

9441 Kai’s Blade Cycle

9442 Jay’s Storm Fighter

9443 Rattle Copter

9444 Cole’s Tread Assault

9445 Fangpyre Truck Ambush

9446 Destiny’s Bounty

In addition there will be news spinners and a new starter set. Also there will reportedly be new ‘boosters’- these are essentially the spinner sets without the spinner, which makes sense since how many spinners do you need?

(From Oky and here)

Doesn't sound really appealing but we'll see how they look :classic:

Edited by ceroknight

The rumoured sets:

(From Oky)

Doesn't sound really appealing but we'll see how they look :classic:

Actually,Venomari shrine sounds pretty cool. Prolly an impulse set, but still sounds neat.

Anyone know anything about retailer's pics soon?

Never been a big fan of Ninjago but 9440 and 9446 sure sound interesting. Can't wait for pics!

The snake-person looks nice on the poster. However, I like the sound of Cole's Tread Assault the best. After all, he share my first name! :laugh:

Hmm, I'll have to wait until pics and reviews before I make any real judgments. But at the moment I'm disappointed with the shift towards more vehicles. Ninjas are supposed to have awesome hideouts and lots of structures with wonderful asian architecture. I guess it's hard to get much swooshing out of a lovely temple... :hmpf_bad: Anyways, I look forward to seeing pictures.

Urghing, those new set ideas. They are really going for the kid-action-orientated-cartoon image for Ninjago.

I liked the playability and fun of the spinjitzu game, I liked the first waves minus some things.

The 9446 sounds most promising. I think it is the floating boat.

I cant wait for the new spinners sets and booster set, i really like those things. Cheap way to get minifigure form the theme with having to buy the sets.

Edited by wildcat

i cant wait for the new spinners sets and boster set i really like those things

wildcat, this is an adult forum where we expect proper capitalisation and punctuation.

To quote Mirandir (I seem to be doing that a lot lately):

Lord Garmadon is now fighting on the Ninja side. He is replaced as the main villain by his son Lloyd Garmadon and his army of snake men. They battle over the contol of five snake staffs that hold mystical powers.

The ninjas and Sensei Wu has left the dojo and now uses a flying boat as their main HQ.

As I said the sets are for the most parts vehicles: motorcyckles, planes, tanks, helicopters. There's even a crane with a wrecking ball(!).

New molds that I've spotted is a Sai blade, another blade that looks newish but could come from Hero Factory or similar, a snake staff/cobra, another snake staff, a brick tha has a molded brick wall texture and 1x1 round tiles.

The Spinjitzu game gets an overhaul and gets a little bit more advanced.

* A new spinner will be introduced that lets you attach things with technic pins underneath.

* There's also a thing called crowns and cards that can you play to put the crown on or force the opponent to remove it. There's also cards that seems to only be playable while there a crown on the spinner.

* There are new cards that requires a certain sp in all four elements to be played.

* There are cards where you challange the opponent on a due in spinning skills and if you win you get to reclaim a lost weapon.

* There will apperantly be booster packs...

And finally yes, there's talk of a green ninja. He's not in the first wave but amongst other things he's on the packaging (Yes, the boxes will be green instead of red). However it's apparantly not a *new* ninja as it seems like one of the four current ones will evolve into the green ninja.

As the saying goes clear as the River Yarra, WTF ? Lord Garmadon is now a good guy ? This will get more twisted than Star Wars ! :laugh:

I wonder if Cartoon Network have had a say in what direction Ninjago takes ? :wink:

I'm guessing 'Venomari' is the name of the reptilian enemies. Garmadon's good now? And he has a son name Lloyd?! *huh* This is getting a little ridiculous, IMO.

Lloyd? Flying Boat?

Fail.

Seriously? This is getting Ridiculous. Though the story is weird, I am looking forward to lizard head molds. But the main down point is Lloyd. TLG couldn't think up a more menacing name could they? :hmpf:

But the main down point is Lloyd. TLG couldn't think up a more menacing name could they? :hmpf:

It is a silly name, but I'm pretty sure they chose it because it sounds like "Lord". Lord Garamaddon - Lloyd Garmadon I suppose.

Pinch of salt everyone. It is a little early for the storyline to be cemented.

Yeah, everyone, remember that we haven't heard anything official about the storyline yet.

And even even if you don't like it, the sets could still be good. :wink:

Yeah, everyone, remember that we haven't heard anything official about the storyline yet.

And even even if you don't like it, the sets could still be good. :wink:

I'm not saying the sets will be bad, I'm saying that this storyline is weak, so if it is official, I'm not against this wave. I'm really looking forward to these sets, I just personally think this supposed storyline is weak.

The story of a theme that began with ninjas fighting undead guys in vehicles got ridiculous.

Now, that's not fair. You've left out all the good parts. Like, the fact that the Power Rangers Ninjas fight by spinning around really, really fast. And that the skeletons wear Wellingtons (henceforth to be known as Skelly Wellies). And one of them wears a jester's cap.

As a Final Fantasy fan, I'm excited to see what the airship looks like. I'm assuming it's the "Destiny's Bounty" set. Loving the name, at least. :grin:

But the main down point is Lloyd. TLG couldn't think up a more menacing name could they? :hmpf:

Not so menacing:

movies_lloydChristmas.gif

I can't help but shake my head at this whole "Ninja" theme. They have no resemblance to Ninjas in the slightest, minus the figures. I mean, motorcycles, helicopters, ATVs, seriously? Finally, they came out with Fire Temple, which minus the 4 armed skeleton, is actually a nice Ninja-esque set. I don't mind the whole undead enemies, because if Castle can do it, why not Ninja. The prospect of these snake men sound enticing, as well. Here's to hoping the sets are good. I'm quivering already at having Lloyd to deal with. I bet he has some menacing coke bottle glasses and devastating pocket protector?! :tongue: Those are as Ninja as motor vehicles.

Edited by Legocrazy81