Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

There seems to be a flood of "What should I buy" type topics lately. The problem with these topics is that if everyone made one over ever purchase the forum would become unreadable. Thus to solve this problem this topic has been created to be the new home for all such questions.

Ask away! :sweet:

Hi, i'm about to preorder a CW set but don't know which one i should get...

here are my choices

Republic Gunship-have to wait longer to get enough money

AT-TE- have enough

v-19- have enough

i'm preordering off of amazon.com so...

thanks for reading, and hopefully posting.

Hey sevy,

first of all it's a choice of what you personally like the best, not of what we think is the best set :wink:

In my opinion, save for the RGS because I think it's the best set, second is the AT-TE and third the V-19, I think the pricing of the V-19 is not the best and one should invest this money on other sets better :thumbup:

Benny

It is very wise not to deal with money you will probably have when they come out but with what you have now, first of all. Congrats on that, not everyone is that mature when it comes to our favourite hobby.

What Benny said is true, there is no need looking on brickset, lugnet or here what people claim or rate the best set, it is all up to you. I wonder if watching the series will make you want one specific set even more, when is it coming out in the US anyway? (hope you got what I meant: the Falcon is only so popular cause of its "role" in ANH and ESB for example) Perhaps that could have an influence on you too.. For my part, I am already highly addicted to the landing mechanism of the v-19, though it is quite expensive and has no good figs. The AT-TE looks nice but boring and the RGS is well... it is the RGS! You cannot go wrong with it and the playability with the rear doors and front things seems also quite nice. Just my impression, sevy. Hope you will be happy with your decision, there is nothing better than preordering lego! :classic:

I think these topics are silly. Just buy what you can afford and what you like!

I dont know what brand to do for 2009! I love Indiana Jones and want all the sets, Castle Elves just sound so neat, and Harry Potter 6 is one of my favorite books! I do not know what LEGOS to get! PLEASE HELP ME! (Most people do not have unlimited money, so please don't put that !)

HELP ME! Type what ever you want as suggestions! :cry_sad::cry_sad::cry_sad::cry_sad::wacko::look::cry_sad::sadnew: -dead

I dont know what brand to do for 2009! I love Indiana Jones and want all the sets, Castle Elves just sound so neat, and Harry Potter 6 is one of my favorite books! I do not know what LEGOS to get! PLEASE HELP ME! (Most people do not have unlimited money, so please don't put that !)

HELP ME! Type what ever you want as suggestions! :cry_sad::cry_sad::cry_sad::cry_sad::wacko::look::cry_sad::sadnew: -dead

Search your inner self... what does it tells you? And then decide what brand to buy. All the brands you mentioned are great. If I have to choose, I would go with Indiana Jones because I'm into that kind of adventure/theme. Good luck!

First I suggest you calm down. Then I think you should consider the fact that nobody has seen any of the 2009 sets and we don't know what to expect. Once we do get these pictures and then when we get the prices for the sets then you should start considering which sets you wish to purchase.

Also I wouldn't get your hopes up about Harry Potter as only one set was made for the previous film and no offical statement has been given on it's future.

I don't think LEGO will be making Harry Potter 6 sets. I'm not sure about more Indiana Jones sets either, but I guess they're likely.

I would buy a few sets from Indiana Jones, a few more from the Elves and all the sets from Harry Potter and the Halfblood Prince. :tongue:

I'm with Plural on this matter:

First I suggest you calm down. Then I think you should consider the fact that nobody has seen any of the 2009 sets and we don't know what to expect. Once we do get these pictures and then when we get the prices for the sets then you should start considering which sets you wish to purchase.

I wouldn't buy a set without knowing what it actually looks like! :oh3::grin:

:skull:

I'm going with Indy and Castle. If I had to pick between the two, I'd probably go with Castle, as they're not fleshtoned. Though Indy has potential to offer some nice specialized pieces.

I don't know that there is going to be a HP6 line. Though Indy was confirmed.

I do agree with everyone else, however, that this is a silly topic, as we haven't seen any sets. So any opinions I have are based on my vision of ideal sets for each line.

Steve

I don't think LEGO will be making Harry Potter 6 sets. I'm not sure about more Indiana Jones sets either, but I guess they're likely.

? Indy is a license, so why not? I do see your point on HP, though. :sceptic:

I'd go with Indy and Castle, mainly 'cause that's me. On the other hand, what do YOU like?

Why not just buy smaller sets of each first, so you can have all three. Then decide on a bigger set depending on which theme has the best/most appealing/etc.

HP might appear, to work off the movie. Indy might disappear if there's no interest/demand for it. The Castle theme is a classic, but the Elves is a new concept. Might work, moght not.

Maybe none of these brands appear next year. Who knows for sure, except some people at Lego. Don't look too far ahead.

Edited by badbrick

This is for you to decide on your own. If you ask people questions like this, it could turn into a angel-devil argument and youll end up being more confused.

But, if you really insist, then what i do every year is get a little bit of each theme that I enjoy, and buy what sets I think are good. Unfortunatley, ive had to give up a theme for now (Castle) because i dont have enough money for it. The only thing i really like in Castle are the figs, so hopefully itll pull me back with elves next year.

But do what you like, its a matter of personel opinion, and i recommend you do what you think is best. :wink:

OK thank you everyone for helping. I think ill do Indy and Elves, because like you said HP6 proably wont happen . Thanks for your opinions! :classic:

Well, if it was me, I would choose Indy or Castle...and I would have a hard time choosing between them.

Really, just try to think of what your favorite theme out of all of those is. Take these questions in mind - Which do you have the most of? Which theme would you like to have a complete set of? Which ones can you afford?

Good luck. :classic:

(i don't know this forum belongs here)

I am asking you all to help me out with this problem, I want to buy a fake lego set I have 2 options a tank of Enlighten brick. or a tank and airjet of cobi. tell me wich one I should choose and also why,

enlighten link (not mine): http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=264168

here is the cobi link:http://www.zabawki-sklep.pl/en/shop/small_army/art1516.html

and I don't want to read hear such as things as: fake lego is stupid bla,bla,

post-3064-1215456305.jpg

I don't think it does...

and I don't want to read hear such as things as: fake lego is stupid bla,bla,

Fake Lego is not stupid, but it is worse quality, and also a disrespectful copy of Lego products... :sad:

Anyway, on your decision, I think the one with the yellow figures looks the best, and not cos it has yellow figs :tongue:

:skull:

I am asking you all to help me out with this problem, I want to buy a fake lego set I have 2 options a tank of Enlighten brick. or a tank and airjet of cobi. tell me wich one I should choose and also why,

enlighten link (not mine): http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=264168

here is the cobi link:http://www.zabawki-sklep.pl/en/shop/small_army/art1516.html

Move along bad post..

Edited by Commander Andrew of 501 st

This is a LEGO site, I'll move your topic to community, where I honestly hope it dies a slow death.

Fake LEGO is stupid, but we don't need everyone flaming this user. Next person to insult him personally gets their account suspended, understood?

Buy neither, and instead save your money for actual Lego products. Why because of the worse quality, and the fact that there both complete of Lego. If you want a tank I would suggest instead designing one in LDD and then buying it, or just get all of the parts that you might need at pick a brick, as I'm sure your MOC would be better then either of the clone brand tanks.

BTW this topic should either bin the Buy sell and trades forum, or culture and multimedia (since it's not about Lego :wink: ).

On second thought, I'm just going to lock this. No one's going to advise you to buy either one and everything that should be said has been said. Eurobricks doesn't endorse the sale or use of clone brands. EDIT: Oh rats, that's not entirely true. :blush: Some of the pirates guys do. Anyway, for the most part the people here are loyal to LEGO. If you don't like it, too bad...

EDIT2: Apologies to James and others. I believe I over-reacted. I'll leave this topic open, but I want to make sure no one attacks James for the question he asked. It's already been stated that people are against clone brands, so that's enough. I think he gets that. If you don't want to buy clone brands, that's fine, there's no reason to reply in the thread at all, just leave it be. Thanks. I still hope it dies a slow death... :blush: but perhaps I should learn to be a little more mature myself...