Commodore Hornbricker

The Tragedy of La Mort Royal

After having recently purchased Captain Green Hair's famous ship La Mort Royal, it recently arrived here on the Pacific Coast in California after having traveled half way around the world. Unfortunately, like so many great ships before her she suffered greatly on her journey. Only time will tell if the great ship can recover from her perilous voyage and be restored to her former glory. In the background of the second picture you can see the hole in the box that likely accounted for the great ships demise.

Here she is in her former glory.

aa.jpg

and now.... :pir_bawling:

1259996784m_DISPLAY.jpg

:pir-cry_sad:

12599967861_DISPLAY.jpg

I didn't know captain green hair was selling that beautifull ship! So this is how it arrived at your place... That truely suck. But on the other hand, it's LEGO. You got enough pieces to make a very nice ship of your own if you want to. And didn't captain green hair make a complete topic about the build of this ship step by step. You could easily rebuild the ship using that topic.

Good luck

*I apologize for any swearing words in the coming post, all under aged people should not read this.*

Crap, those bastards must have really thrown the box in the damn air plane!

Can we megablocking sue them, or have them rebuild it while we whip them?

This truly sucks and is not what i had expected of my packing.

Well let's hope we can get her back in shape, i'll be of full assistance.

The base of her is the same as the frigate i am building in the topic, hopefully that can get you started a bit.

Tze tze tze

Hornbricker you are so cruel and the only reason was the wrong flag on top of it. Yes or no? :pir_laugh2:

But hey, we simply say this was damaged on their journey. ^^

Finally it is a good training to do it ones more

Did it really arrive in so many small chunks. :pir_bawling::pir-cry_sad: You could expect some 'damage'/disintegration, but it's in really small pieces on your pictures. They must have really tossed it about quite a lot. But at least you have a good supply of ship-building pieces now. :pir-tongue:

Tze tze tze

Hornbricker you are so cruel and the only reason was the wrong flag on top of it. Yes or no? :pir_laugh2:

But hey, we simply say this was damaged on their journey. ^^

Finally it is a good training to do it ones more

Well that's a fair point, but I thought she'd make a great prize of war for the redcoats...not kindeling.

Yes she did arrive in such small pieces. I actually put a few pieces back together before the pictures. It must have been just hammered at least once.

Edited by Commodore Hornbricker

It is common knowledge that customs and postal staff throw with shipping boxes. If you did not know, now you do. :pir-skull:

Best way to ship delicately designed items like that is partially disassemble them and pack each dissasembled section securely inside the outer box. The boat hull may stay intact providing it is packed well enough, the rest (cabin, masts, etc.) should be carefully wrapped and put inside smaller boxes or other packing material. One should try to pack everything as securely as possible and make sure it can't go anywhere (it should be locked solid inside the box). I know by personal experience that this is a lot of work but it is the only way to prevent something like this happening.

Edited by jamtf

After seeing that ship in real, it is defenitely not funny to see it in this shape! :pir-cry_sad:

I see lots of bricks scattered over the floor, but not a single rope! Where did the rigging go?

I hope she will be rebuild soon, and ready to sail.

Another question, will she keep the Blue flag?

Bring it with you in the plane might be even better. :pir_laugh2:

I agree it is heartbreaking to see your masterpiece in this state. :pir-look:

I think this is one of the reasons why I build modular ships, they can be transported easily. Not sure about the rigging though.

I wish you luck with the build Hornbricker! :thumbup:

After seeing that ship in real, it is defenitely not funny to see it in this shape! :pir-cry_sad:

I see lots of bricks scattered over the floor, but not a single rope! Where did the rigging go?

I hope she will be rebuild soon, and ready to sail.

Another question, will she keep the Blue flag?

I think the sails and rigging is just barely visible in the top right corner. It looks like it's missing a piece or two but with all the cloth and ropes and the fact the sails and rigging are light and were on top helped protect them. Ofcourse she'll keep her blue flags!...

Ah there I see some rigging and masts indeed. I'm glad she'll keep the Blue flags, red just doesn't fit with her. (no offence. :pir-tongue: )

I'd say you should keep us posted about her progress! :pir-classic:

Wow guys, my hart bleeds from seeing these pictures. I've seen this mighty ship several times in her better times at Captain Green Hair's place, it's sad to see her in this shape. It looks like someone hit her inside the power chamber and she blew up from the inside out. I do hope that you will be able to restore her back into it's former glory. It might take a bit of time, but I'm sure you can do it. If you didn't live so very far, I could come over with the captain and we could restore her together. I'm sure we could get her fixed on a long evening with some good beers to assist us.

If you didn't live so very far, I could come over with the captain and we could restore her together. I'm sure we could get her fixed on a long evening with some good beers to assist us.

As long as you get your beers , eh? :pir_laugh2: Does Eurobricks pay you in beers as well? :pir-tongue:

Seriously, having seen Greenhair's 'how to build a frigate' thread I'm sure his comments will be helpful in restoring the ship to it's former glory. Good luck with it Hornbricker!

:pir-cry_happy: Nice ship you've got there- well done! :pir-classic: Colorscheme could be more striking though but it looks very classic with old imperial blue army flag and all :pir-blush:

:pir-cry_sad: The point of the thread is that it ended up in pieces, so it's kind of painful to say that he has a nice ship. Cpt. Greenhair HAD a nice ship. Hornbricker received the pile of bricks that the ship was made of, but I'm sure he WILL HAVE a nice ship again in the future... :pir-sweet:

(Swash Buckler @ Dec 5 2009, 12:54 PM) *

pirate_cry_happy.gif Nice ship you've got there- well done! pirate_classic.gif Colorscheme could be more striking though but it looks very classic with old imperial blue army flag and all pirate_blush.gif

pirate_cry4.gif The point of the thread is that it ended up in pieces, so it's kind of painful to say that he has a nice ship. Cpt. Greenhair HAD a nice ship. Hornbricker received the pile of bricks that the ship was made of, but I'm sure he WILL HAVE a nice ship again in the future... pirate_satisfied.gif

Perhaps he can not read, just look at pictures. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Thats such a shame as it was a beautiful model and i was always thought that was one of the best ship mocs. Unfortunatly this happens all the time as people seem to kick and throw parcels just because they can get away with it and with no thought at all. I had a friend who works at a airport and he said he use to watch baggage handlers deliberatly smash valuebles for the sake of it. Hopefully CGH can help you get her back together. Although CGH might now get bombarded with people asking if hes selling any of his other ships :pir_laugh2:

But dont forget, luckerly it is Lego, which means it can be rebuilt and im sure you will get her ship shape and seaworthy soon.

Edited by Derfel Cardarn

I feel your pain Commodore Hornbricker. This has happened to me before, and it is not a lot of fun. You do get to see the building process, which could be a good teacher, or inspiration.

In the future I think that disassembling mocs in bigger chunks and then providing some sort of instructions, is the way to go. That seems to have worked for me at least.

-Info

Nothing could have protected it from that! She will feel the wind again...eventually.

Unfortunately your a Redacoat, so this means your going to have trouble rebuilding it.

I have faith in you Egor!

This really breaks my hart...

If I ever sell one again I will build a crate around it, though shipping costs will rise then... :pir-hmpf_bad:

There's a solution to this.

Take some old megablocks and attach them to the bottom of the ship, this way your not ruining actual Lego bricks, once attached carefully glue it to the bottom of the box.

I know it sounds crazy but it works. I sent my cousin Lego on different occasions and this procedure seems to cut down on the damage.

Edited by Ratshot

Perhaps he can not read, just look at pictures. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Oh well, some people simply prefer pics to text, I guess :P

In any case, despite this terrible tragedy I still think things are fixable. All you need to do, Hornbricker, is follow CGH's steps veery closely... For that however I reckon you'd need a precise list of beers taken and a time schedule so that you know exactly when those were drunk... If you try really hard, I'm sure she'll look complete in no time :pir_laugh2:

Stupid beer jokes aside though, good luck with bringing her back to life! And do keep us posted on your progress :]

P.S.: Ratshot's piece of advice seems rather plausible... thanks for that mate!!!

Edited by TheOtters

P.S.: Ratshot's piece of advice seems rather plausible... thanks for that mate!!!

One thing I forgot to mention is that it won't protect the top part of the ship, unless you include axels.

I'll post a step by step guide in the next few weeks. Probably during Christmas break.