Sign in to follow this  
Joey Lock

WIP: HMS Unicorn

Ok, Firstly, Yes, It may be to tall, To small e.t.c

Yes, Its here, I have finally decided to build a creation, In real! Huzzah for me! :pir_laugh2:

Now, I first got the Idea when I had to go over to my nans, so I decided to bring my boxes of Ship parts and Black Bricks. I was orginally going to begin to start off the HMS Trincomalee after I had made my Rounding bow technique. Then I had some spare slopes so I thought of what it would be like to have 2 Decks. It seemed quite small compared to the Minifigures, however in pictures of others Mocs, They seem massive for only 2 Gun Decks, So I added on a extra deck and it looked fantastic! Massive, Gun Packed and ready to fight!

Info, Please Read!:

However its no where near ready! The masts will be moved. I need to order plenty of bits and bobs, Buy the Pirate sets for the Brick Beards bounty hull, since I found out that Reddish Brown hulls are $2 each on BL which is like £1 a piece! But I must warn you, The slopes will be Yellow, The open parts will be filled, The flaps will be black, The front will be yellow stripes in it, Everything. Also before you say its not wide enough, I will put slopes on the side of the hull to make it bigger. Mostly like my favourite MOC British ship, ZeekyBoogeyDoog's HMS Repulse, A 52 gun man o' war. The masts will be moved around.

Sorry if Im just rambling here, I got some sneak peak piccys!

The Length of the ship, It does seem weird how Im starting at the top...

FILE0187.jpg

Remember, these slopes will be Yellow, Flaps black.

FILE0188.jpg

I will tile the deck with shiny, what looks like Plywood.

FILE0189.jpg

My "Bow Rounding" technique has been tested, And works well!

FILE0190.jpg

So, Er... Get chatting! :pir-laugh:

EDIT: Forgot to say, Sorry for the blurry pictures, I had around 30 seconds of battery left when taking these!

Edited by Joey Lock

very nice - much along the same lines as my own creation

how many middle hull sections do you think you will need??

if you are looking at a 3 decker - may i suggest that you look at HMS victory, she's still afloat and there are loads of photos of her around

all the best

Matt

Looking good! I would love to see some better pictures.

And a ship can never be too tall or to small.

But some beg to differ:

Captain Green Hair: "Looks ok, but the masts are too short." :pir-laugh:

It's good you started to lay out the design and check the length, width and height.

I think your ship will be too high like this, the slopes you are using in the walls, also excist in 2 bricks high.

If you could use those, i think it will be perfect.

Good luck on her Joey! :thumbup:

It's good you started to lay out the design and check the length, width and height.

I think your ship will be too high like this, the slopes you are using in the walls, also excist in 2 bricks high.

If you could use those, i think it will be perfect.

Good luck on her Joey! :thumbup:

The only thing with those slopes, There not in yellow :pir-cry_sad:

White, red or tan can look very nice as well. :pir-wink:

Well I really did want it the colour scheme of the Unclaimable, The one in your Signature. It looks fantastic!

Well I really did want it the colour scheme of the Unclaimable, The one in your Signature. It looks fantastic!

Then you should make the sides with hinges instead of slopes. :pir-wink:

Then you should make the sides with hinges instead of slopes. :pir-wink:

Well, I just made this in like 2 minutes to show you how cool and better it would look than 2 brick slopes:

LDDScreenShot153.png

I want my ship to be memorable, So everyone knows that, England, Truly never never shall be slaves! :pir_laugh2:

It does look nice with the 3 high slopes, but the standard hulls are too narrow for it, so the ship will end up too short and high with them i'm afraid.

The British might not be slaves, but the Dutch rule the oceans! :pir-grin:

It does look nice with the 3 high slopes, but the standard hulls are too narrow for it, so the ship will end up too short and high with them i'm afraid.

The British might not be slaves, but the Dutch rule the oceans! :pir-grin:

Ah, But this is where reading comes in handy:

AHA.jpg

I said I will put slopes out!

Slopes out will work, 2 decks is definitly possible on the prefabs.

3 decks is another story Joey.

I don't want to be negative about your project, i'm just giving my opinion here.

Slopes out will work, 2 decks is definitly possible on the prefabs.

3 decks is another story Joey.

I don't want to be negative about your project, i'm just giving my opinion here.

That is true, it just won't work :pir-hmpf_bad:

That is true, it just won't work :pir-hmpf_bad:

I shall prove it will work, You just see!

EDIT: Here, Look:

LDDScreenShot155.png

It will be a 10 Stud deck! Perfect.

Edited by Joey Lock

Nice ship so far Joey! It looks very promising.

A thing which might be handy:

Last time I was looking at some ship plans, measuring and so on, and I figured out by the most ships the width of the stern fits 6 times in the length of the ship.

Now get building on this beauty! :thumbup:

Nice ship so far Joey! It looks very promising.

A thing which might be handy:

Last time I was looking at some ship plans, measuring and so on, and I figured out by the most ships the width of the stern fits 6 times in the length of the ship.

Now get building on this beauty! :thumbup:

How do you mean? so I begin the stern on the 7th Hull? Im sorry, I didnt get that :pir_laugh2:

I just got it! Thanks for the tip!

Edited by Joey Lock

You could make the lowest gundeck walls straight, the you will have a 2 studs wider deck on top and the shape will look more ship like i think. An LDD shot of that would be nice. :pir_laugh2:

You could make the lowest gundeck walls straight, the you will have a 2 studs wider deck on top and the shape will look more ship like i think. An LDD shot of that would be nice. :pir_laugh2:

Here you go!:

LDDScreenShot156.png

EDIT: Easier to understand version:

LDDScreenShot158.png

Edited by Joey Lock

Lookin' good! Maybe you can add decks in it, it makes it more stronger and the opportunity to add an interior as well.

Captain Green Hair, You may be my enemy, But you sure are smart!

This looks fantastic, I added flaps:

LDDScreenShot161.png

will you be using lego cannonc - or moccing up your own??

any idea on crew size etc??

very nice ship - i've just posted up my own moc - as we seem to be going along very similar lines

please feel free to critique it, i was going to ask for advice once i'd finished the main part of the hull anyways :D

will you be using lego cannonc - or moccing up your own??

any idea on crew size etc??

very nice ship - i've just posted up my own moc - as we seem to be going along very similar lines

please feel free to critique it, i was going to ask for advice once i'd finished the main part of the hull anyways :D

Well, I am using cannon with these, Very simple ones:

LDDScreenShot162.png

Crew size...I dont really know whether I will make a, Like a full crew. Mabye just 10 sailors, Few troops and Admirals on the main deck. Since I dont really have I idea on decks interior below because I focusing of Stability at the mo.

May I ask, Are you british too?

Well, I am using cannon with these, Very simple ones:

LDDScreenShot162.png

nice idea - i plan to moc my guns up for 2 of the decks also, but will probably make them a little more realistic than that....maybe

Crew size...I dont really know whether I will make a, Like a full crew. Mabye just 10 sailors, Few troops and Admirals on the main deck. Since I dont really have I idea on decks interior below because I focusing of Stability at the mo.

mine seems quite stable with the way it is what i did was where there is the black bricks i used 3 plates intstead of a brick and wove them into eachother and then placed the yellow bricks on the gaps for added strength

May I ask, Are you british too?

yep i am - i'm originally from the Isle of Wight - near Portsmouth/Southamptn - so i have seen HMS Victory and HMS Warrior from a far, but never looked round them (yet)

I now live in South Wales

Where abouts do you hail from??

Matt