Sign in to follow this  
Ashi Valkoinen

[LDD-MOC] RHB Stadler Allegra

Hello everyone,

I recently designed a new Stadler product in my LDD, after I made it work on Linux 14.04. I designed this train only because I got a little motivation finding this picture on Brickshelf:

http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=5929835

So I grabbed my LDD and tried making an 8W, but narrow gauge vechile from LEGO bricks, here you can see the first results:

allegra01_wip.png

Overall view. The entire train wasn't a deal, the most interesting parts could be find on the front and under the train. The only noticable building technique from the side of the train is the 3 stud wide white doors on end waggons - the real thing is wider than two, but less then four.

allegra02_wip.png

Look from the front. I'm really proud of it, because it looks like much more as the typical FLIRT/GTW look, than my actual existing FLIRT models. Maybe I should upgrade them with this technique. Also the trans yellow cheese can be enlighten by standard LEGO leds, little trick behind it is the 1×2×1 red panel part, which can contain led light.

allegra04_wip.png

SNOT tiles grants the space for bogie turnout. Some cogwheels missing from modell, LDD doesn't let me to put them inside, but based ony my prototype bogies, it will work. I plan to drive the train with two L-motors and V2 IR-receiver through first and last bogie.

I hope once we can develope our 1000 mm gauge LEGO modell system here in Hungary, unfortunately we have only lots of plans, but less time and money to make these things real. Please leave your comments and critics here!

I also attached lxf file for those who are interested in details.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/AshiValkoinen/OtherTrainMOC/RHB-StadlerAllegra/allegra.lxf

Edited by Ashi Valkoinen