ZCerberus

Fort Brighton East

So I have been browsing here a fair amount lately and I have really liked all the new contributions we have been seeing... I finally got a around to revisiting an old classic-

I realized there were things about the old Fort Brighton that I didn't like. I disliked the bright red roofs, the black docks, the ugly yellow cranes and the fact that there was NOTHING really in between the two fortress sections.... I mean really, what was it protecting?

To this end I decided to rebuild both sections of Fort Brighton with the ability to add a port/harbor like buildings in between with some nice streets and docks and the like to turn the fortress into part of a bigger experience. This also means I can build much smaller MOCs that can be integrated into the harbor over time and they won't take months to complete.

So with that in mind, here is the rebuild of the East fortress.

The idea here is that there was a cathedral in town that the citizens made a famous Alamo-esque last stand against the pirate horde. Once the Imperial forces discovered the town, they made the cathedral part of a larger fortress with an impressive firing platform and light and command tower in front.

It is clearly still a WIP but comments are always welcome.

Some things I have already integrated-

Stained glass windows on the back of the cathedral section, a light brick in the light tower and in keeping with the old Fort Brighton, removable roofs and layers.

Some pics...

img_3267.jpg

img_3268.jpg

img_3269.jpg

img_3270.jpg

img_3276.jpg

img_3278.jpg

The simple fact that you consider that a work in progress is amazing, I can't wait to see it finished. But I do have to ask, why are there clone troopers in a colonial fort?

Amazing, Z!

I love all the whiteness and details :thumbup: And the angled sections and bley trim :pir-wub:

As normal for me, could you tile the tops of the crenels, as well as the embrasures?

I really like the mixture of yellowed white and normal white in Phred's Church -

MAoG_exterior3.png

Would it be possible to do something like this, to break the solid white up a bit? It could give it a more weathered/ye olde looke.

Would it be possible to do something like this, to break the solid white up a bit? It could give it a more weathered/ye olde looke.

My current thought is to add some battle damage to the cathedral section-- I have some really dirty white bricks, but not too many that have the "yellowing" effect.

I also have a bunch of those textured white bricks with the groves vertical on one side and horizontal on the other-- that is also an option- we'll see-- the roof on the cathedral will be dark red like the roof on the tower section so that may help with all the white...

why are there clone troopers in a colonial fort?

Because it is an Imperial fort... duh!!

I recommend you check out his previous MOCs including the original Port Brighton, The Phantom, Leviathan, The Arbiter II or just look at all his MOC Threads!

Thank you lord admiral captain king- the Leviathan is DOA but you can see several old versions of Fort Brighton if you look back through time!

My current thought is to add some battle damage to the cathedral section-- I have some really dirty white bricks, but not too many that have the "yellowing" effect.

Maybe some tan bricks would work.

Great moc, can't wait to see it finished.

This is stunning! Are you planning on completing the cathedral or will the finished MOC feature a cathedral still under construction?

This is stunning! Are you planning on completing the cathedral or will the finished MOC feature a cathedral still under construction?

the Cathedral will be finished. It is on the top of the "to do" list

The stained glass is fantastic!

Thank you, I had to use some clear 1 x 2 plates on the backside to hold it all together. Due to that requirement-- the windows do not look nearly as impressive from the inside.

This is better than FANTASTIC!!! Well done! I love the stain glass windows with the grill and 1x1 transparent parts. The best fort I have EVER seen. I bet all of your white LEGO together would add up to quite a heavy price!

So this is what you have been up to!

I remember you saying you wanted to expand on the creation! This is just something else! Well done I love the stained glass. I am working on some right now for an upcoming moc, any secrets to share?

Keep us regularly updated! I will not be surprised to see this front paged! Has it got an interior yet?

You inspire me so much, with your work. Keep it up Z.

Regards, Cpt. PB

All newcomers, this is the mighty ZCerberus who is one of the greatest Pirate MOC builders in history!

IT IS AN HONOR TO HAVE YOU AMONG US SIR!!![i snap to attention]

Wow this is nice, your stained glass is impressive.

Edited by Broadside

Excellent work so far Z, are you planning on adding more buildings along the church?

Yes... a whole port town as it were... then in the classic Fort Brighton style I will have a second fortress across a small river that is connected to a large jail of sorts

This is looking great. I like the cathedral and the outside of the fort. I especially like the rocks and little tunnels. The wooden platform is a really nice touch. The only thing I think could be improved is the large really tall building. I think it would look better is it was a bit shorter or if the fort walls were higher. The building being that large kind of looks like a palace.

You've proven yourself worthly as a MOC expert! This is an awesome creation till now.

Especially the stained glass windows in the cathedral are great.

I also like the SW Snowtroopers in it. :pir-tongue:

I keep a sharp eye on this thread for updates! :pir-blush:

Great job! :thumbup:

WOW! thats an amazing piece of work! you're not just a lego builder, you're an architect! and ofcourse i like those windows too:P

btw, mabye a hosptial would be a fine idea.

Edited by YnyklY

WOW! thats an amazing piece of work! you're not just a lego builder, you're an architect! and ofcourse i like those windows too:P

btw, mabye a hosptial would be a fine idea.

That is a good idea-- an apothecary/surgeon of sorts.

Yes... a whole port town as it were... then in the classic Fort Brighton style I will have a second fortress across a small river that is connected to a large jail of sorts

Wow I can't wait to see this! :pir-sweet: Is there a time frame; when you expect to be done?

Wow I can't wait to see this! :pir-sweet: Is there a time frame; when you expect to be done?

Ha- no, but I am always making progress- got a little farther on the "cathedral" section- I will post pics soon of the progress!

update on the cathedral section- mostly...

I went with a domed like top because I saw a lot of Spanish Cathedrals with that style versus a gothic cathedral which is much more "pointy" everywhere.

I added a bell to one of the towers but no more fabuland buckets :(

img_3281.jpg

img_3283.jpg

Some minor improvements here- still trying to fine tune and find the right look.

You can see the two sections detach here-- I may actually build a little extension between the sections some day as it feels a bit cramped between them right now.

img_3282.jpg

Edited by ZCerberus