antp

Lego and cats

I have two cats.

One plays with what he finds (as does most of the cats), so if a part falls from the table or if a round piece is rolling, he jumps on it.

The other one however seems to like to steal Lego parts. She does not play with them, she just takes the parts in her mouth and goes away with them :grin:

Her favorite part on my desk seemed to be the trans-clear 1x2 panel, but it was not visible on the pictures, luckily she also grabbed some red parts. It is kinda hard to takes pictures as she is quite fast when doing that, but I could get few:

p1030055.jpgp1030059.jpg

(hoping that Brickshelf will accept them, else I'll put that elsewhere)

What about you? Do you also have cats liking Lego? :classic:

Edited by antp

I have two cats.

One plays with what he finds (as does most of the cats), so if a part falls from the table or if a round piece is rolling, he jumps on it.

The other one however seems to like to steal Lego parts. She does not play with them, she just takes the parts in her mouth and goes away with them :grin:

He favorite part on my desk seemed to be the trans-clear 1x2 panel, but it was not visible on the pictures, luckily she also grabbed some red parts. It is kinda hard to takes pictures as she is quite fast when doing that, but I could get few:

(hoping that Brickshelf will accept them, else I'll put that elsewhere)

What about you? Do you also have cats liking Lego? :classic:

Gorgeous! I have three and they all love lego, they love pawing at piles of it while I build. One steals it and they all love batting helmets around my tiled floors (I actually buy cheap standard helmets for them).

I was a little afraid of that indeed, but as long as she takes large parts there are no risks I guess. And anyway I do not let the cats play with parts, I take these back as soon as I see that they steal them... except for two megablock parts (that I got with a bunch of Lego parts in an Ebay purchage) that I left on purpose amongst other things available for them to play :devil:

LOL!!!

I have 2 cats, Mine are addicted to trees, especially theseand these

I think over the years I might have lost at least half a dozen and always seem to find some in the most random places ... under the couch, under the bed, on the computer desk ....

Still gotta love the furry little buggers!!!!

Pirate

Awww, thats a cute cat youve got :classic: At my slef dont have cats, they drop their hair so thats why i dont get them. But i still like cats. And you should put your legos in a bin where she cant get them, otherlly, if she accidently swallows a one small part... Well you know what can happen :cry_sad:

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

Mine used to umm... mark her territory.. in the buckets of LEGO.

My cat would find and pick up a small piece of Lego in his mouth in the middle of the night. He would then meow all night with it in his mouth outside my bedroom. I would have to get up and take it out of his mouth. It'd be quiet again for some Zzzzz...

I have three cats and I keep my LEGO away from them except when I am building, which hasn't been much recently. My kitties are too lazy to steal parts or play with parts, but George (my precious angel cat) will sleep in a big box of LEGO. It looks uncomfortable to me.

george.png

I have three cats and I keep my LEGO away from them except when I am building, which hasn't been much recently. My kitties are too lazy to steal parts or play with parts, but George (my precious angel cat) will sleep in a big box of LEGO. It looks uncomfortable to me.

That reminded me of one of mine that loves to sleep in a box of unboxed lego sets I have in a cupboard. He seems to enjoy the hard plastic pointiness of the experience for some odd reason.

Im not big on cats, in fact I've hated them for quite afew years, but I would let my dog play with my lego, that is if he was aloud to come inside, he's an outside dog, so no luck, but I'd love to see what he'd do with lego :tongue: just chomp through it probably...

Nice pic of the cat sleeping in the lego Alice. :laugh: Made me laugh!

CF

Great topic with some very cool photos of cats! :thumbup:

I used to have a cat (he died several years ago from old age)... Sometimes he was interested in the minifigs, but in general he caused no problems to my LEGO collection.

Sadly, I don't think I have a photo of my cat standing next to some Lego stuff...

Here is the video uploaded on Youtube, it will be easier than Facebook for that I guess:

Edited by antp

Here is the video uploaded on Youtube, it will be easier than Facebook for that I guess:

*Video*

Awwwwwwww default_wubnew.gif

My cat loved to rub his paws down baseplates and loved to have a walk around my lego city (we put a end to that after he left a 'unexpected' mess outside of the GG default_sick.gif )

I'm guessing you live in an apartment and your cats don't get out much? I have two cats as well, but we live in a big house and they do most of their playing outside, so I don't have a problem with them. Mine are older and much lazier than yours too.

Better then a dog, my parents dogs have chewed up a lot of Lego bak in the days.

We also have cats, two 7 years old, red male, black female.

Luckily they don't chew lego.

But it's horrible enough if someone forgets little pieces on the floor, soon those bricks are found in various places around the house, like under sofa, under carpets or in any small hole which fits a lego.

The male cat has also strange habit, it drops often his toys in the cats water bowl. Brics are found from there too :wacko:

The male cat has also strange habit, it drops often his toys in the cats water bowl. Brics are found from there too :wacko:

Here it is the female (the one who steals the Lego parts) who does that; but I only found balls, not yet lego parts, in the water.

We have two grey British Shorthairs. They both like to get inside empty LEGO boxes.

Neither really takes much notice of LEGO but they will both run through the middle of it to try and get my attention when I am building with my LEGO spread out on the floor.

Here's Alpo:

Alpo_003.jpg

He likes to play with Lego, he plays with them like with a ball, pushes them around with his paws and tosses them in the air etc. It's a bit annoying when I'm trying to build something and suddenly half of the parts are on the floor. :P