Sign in to follow this  
brickfreak99

Brickshelf Find: 'Bricktopia Station Airport.

I reckon you haven't seen the entire city, then?

This guy's building style is like this. Lots and lots of SNOT-work, odd angles and creative use of bricks. The firestation for instance uses the then-new plastic curved rails as a frame for the roof. And lots of other fantastic stuff, too.

And then there's a back-story to it, as well. But it's well worth a look.

Oh man, I forgot all about Bricktopia! I remember when that guy used to post new buildings on Lugnet, back when Lugent was still ... you know ... alive. Sadly, it doesn't look like he's updated the Bricktopia website in several years.

It's worth another look though. This dude was an AMAZING builder. He'd take these giant, seemingly useless pieces, like the Slave 1 cockpit, and turn them into these incredibly complex, ornate buildings.

Thanks for bringing this one back to us. This was one of first LEGO cities I saw on-line when I came back from my dark ages. 4 years later, Brad's buildings still hold up well. If you have the time, you can see some of his earlier cities and MOCs here http://members.cox.net/bhamilto1/lego.htm . I wonder if this guy is still building?

This is the kind of pic that made an AFOL of me :classic: I wish one day I could build things like this guy does :sweet: