Sign in to follow this  
PikaManiac

My Minifigure came sealed in a bag?!

Hi, I am new here. I just bought and received a Black Widow Minifigure from eBay. However, it was sealed in its own little bag; the type of bag used for Captain America's shield and Iron Man and Loki's helmet. I did a couple of Google searches, and it did not seem like the Black Widow Minifigure comes packaged in its own bag from the LEGO 6869 Quinjet Aerial Battle set. I checked and my figure has all of the moulded LEGO trademarks it is supposed to have, and it even has the LEGO neck paint. I highly doubt my figure is a bootleg because I have bought multiple sets from this seller before, and he has 100% positive feedback of over a 1000 feedbacks. Is there an explanation for this? I suspect it could be a replacement Minifigure from LEGO, or maybe it really is fake?

Can you post a picture of the bag and the fig? Maybe the seller sealed it? Or they got it from Lego customer service and it was sealed.

That has been sealed by the seller. The bag is the type you buy on a long tube, and heat seal them. I've had a few BL orders where parts are sealed like that.

Sealing a small bag like that is easy enough to do and I can see someone who moves alot of Legos going that route.

I'm no expert on how bootlegs are shipped, but I think this appears legit.

Yeah, I think it is authentic. I double checked and there is 1 LEGO logo on the top of the head, 1 on the top of the neck, 2 on the inner sides of each arm, 1 on the middle of the leg pegs, and 2 on the foot. Have not checked the hair piece yet, but I really should chill.

People seal their own bags all the time. It makes it easier when selling a lot. I know a few bricklink sellers that do it too for their pieces.

As others have said, I wouldn't worry about it - if anything it might be a good sign. I know several bricklink vendors who will reseal "complete" CMFs using their own heat seal bags rather than Zip-Loc baggies. I've also encountered one that pre-sealed bulk small parts into lots of 100 pieces for rapid order fulfillment.

This is most likely just a case of the vender wanting to keep things organized and dust free.

As others have said, it's not that uncommon. The stuff to heat seal is dirt cheap these days and can be bought at Walmart. A lot of Bricklink sellers have discovered it as it is much cheaper than using zip lock bags ans provides as good protection.

I've definately had bricks from sellers packed in this way, it's never concerned me, actually it probably is cheaper for them to pack them this way rather than buying loads of seal seal poly bags.