Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Dangers on the Trail

The weather in Mitgardia is always unpredictable; as Drinian's chosen men head out after Glorfindel a fresh snow falls and the temperature drops.

Coming to a frozen river in their path they have no choice but to cross, the first of them makes it across safely but as he reaches the opposite shore his companion falls through the ice. He quickl comes to help his comrade but building a fire to dry out will cost them valuable time. Will they still be able to reach Glorfindel fast enough?

I wanted to try some ice and snowscaping, but as the deadline for Challenge 4 draws nearer I didn't want to do anything too big.

I'm pretty happy with the result :classic:

7503349526_eb0602a44c_o.jpg

All comments or criticism welcome :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

I really like this MOC despite it's small size. The water effect is done well, and the bush with snow on is a nice touch.

Really cool...

I wonder if there is a way that you could do the ice and make it look more like it was shattering. I don't know if there is a way to do this, I am just wondering. You did the break well though, it was something I decided not to put in my Embassy - a hole in the iced over water - at first I was going to put fishermen in, but it became too complicated at the time. I think your example looks great though, and I might try something like that later.

I really like this MOC despite it's small size. The water effect is done well, and the bush with snow on is a nice touch.

Thank you :classic: The bush was an afterthought, I knew I needed something to break up all that white :laugh:

Really cool...

I wonder if there is a way that you could do the ice and make it look more like it was shattering. I don't know if there is a way to do this, I am just wondering. You did the break well though, it was something I decided not to put in my Embassy - a hole in the iced over water - at first I was going to put fishermen in, but it became too complicated at the time. I think your example looks great though, and I might try something like that later.

Thanks, I'm sure there is a way but it would probably take a fair amount of experimentation. I may try to do it in my Challenge 4 build :classic:

Another great little moc! Great idea with the ice breaking! Have to be very cold!! *huh*

The ice layer and the footprints from the men in the snow are perfect!

Haha :laugh:

I guess that means you like it? :sceptic:

Another great little moc! Great idea with the ice breaking! Have to be very cold!! *huh*

The ice layer and the footprints from the men in the snow are perfect!

Thanks de Gothia, glad you noticed the footprints :classic:

Cool :cough: little moc! I think the ice looks perfect, and as people have said the little snow footprints are great :)

At first glance I totally thought the other guy was just gonna walk off without him lol. Maybe cause he looks a little calm, "just another day in the frozen tundra"

:P

Great job :)

Edited by Siercon and Coral

Love the clear beneath the white, that's perfectly to how ice melts around a hole :thumbup:

very nice snow moc, I'm going to have to borrough ideas from this! Excellent!!

Cool :cough: little moc! I think the ice looks perfect, and as people have said the little snow footprints are great :)

At first glance I totally thought the other guy was just gonna walk off without him lol. Maybe cause he looks a little calm, "just another day in the frozen tundra"

:P

Great job :)

:laugh: Thanks :classic:

Love the clear beneath the white, that's perfectly to how ice melts around a hole :thumbup:

Thank you, I was pretty excited about how it came out :thumbup:

very nice snow moc, I'm going to have to borrough ideas from this! Excellent!!

Glad you like it, feel free to borrow whatever you want :classic:

Great job on the all the snow, I really like how you use the brick at different angles! Also the crack in the ice is very well executed! :classic:

The cracked hole in the ice is really well done! And I also like the snow covered bush.

Great job on the all the snow, I really like how you use the brick at different angles! Also the crack in the ice is very well executed! :classic:

The cracked hole in the ice is really well done! And I also like the snow covered bush.

Thank you :classic: , the bush is very simple but quite effective in my opinion.

Very nice snow effects, and i really like the break in the ice - the edges have that crazed and shattered look you'd expect of broken ice. :thumbup: The bush in the corner is a nice touch too, although i think the addition of another tree or bush in the opposite back corner would have made for a more balanced composition. Nice work! :thumbup:

Very nice snow effects, and i really like the break in the ice - the edges have that crazed and shattered look you'd expect of broken ice. :thumbup: The bush in the corner is a nice touch too, although i think the addition of another tree or bush in the opposite back corner would have made for a more balanced composition. Nice work! :thumbup:

Thanks gabe :classic: Your idea about another bush/tree is a good one, I will have to keep that in mind for my next builds :thumbup:

This is a really nice small build. The snot work on the snow is excellent, and you've done a great job on the crack in the ice. You've portrayed this scene superbly!

This is a really nice small build. The snot work on the snow is excellent, and you've done a great job on the crack in the ice. You've portrayed this scene superbly!

Thanks rogueang!