Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Mafia School: Escape From Isla Paradisa

*Note: This topic is open to everyone to post in*

conclusiontitle.jpg

A week had passed on Isla Paradisa since the murder of the holiday resort's hostess Sunday that had begun a series of tragic events. Several others had died in the process, but now it seemed the murderers had all been caught. But the owner of the resort, Mr. Crusoe, was still grieving for his dead lover. Would he believe her death had been avenged?

conclusion1.jpg

Bridget Darwin, an Australian police officer off-duty, went to Mr. Crusoe's office in the morning of the seventh day after the murders began. She told that she had investigated all the remaining guests on the island, and had found all of them innocent.

conclusion2.jpg

But Mr. Crusoe refused to take her words for granted, so he pulled a revolver from his desk drawer. Blinded by sorrow, he suspected that this was just another Mafia plot.

conclusion3.jpg

Fortunately Keith Worthing, who was a vacationing doctor, rushed in to defend Bridget. He explained that he had prevented the Mafia goons to kill Bridget on two occasions. Furthermore, nobody had died after the last Mafia goon, Panda Panjin, had been convicted.

conclusion4.jpg

After a moment of suspense, Mr. Crusoe lowered the revolver. He finally had to admit to himself that this ordeal was now over. All Mafia goons had been exterminated, and Isla Paradisa was again the den of peace and quiet it had been before.

conclusion5.jpg

A week passed, and the ferry arrived once again. The crew and the new guests were horrified to learn what had happened on the island. Mr. Crusoe told the ferry's crew to take the remaining six guests home. He would remain on the island to fix things up, but he instructed them to send a boat in a few days.

Mr. Crusoe then bid farewell to those who had survived the ordeal with him. They were all pleased to leave the island behind, and they all swore to spend their future holidays in some crowded and noisy tourist attraction.

conclusion6.jpg

So ended the nightmare on Isla Paradisa. But there was still one secret it held...

conclusion7.jpg

The staff members Ravi Bombay, Raquel Benito Juarez and Geert Rotterdam, who had all been convicted but found innocent by Mr. Crusoe, had not been killed by the owner after all. They had been hiding in a cave near the beach all this time, while Mr. Crusoe had pretended to have killed them in order to protect them.

conclusion8.jpg

Now that the guests had left, Mr. Crusoe came to retrieve the hiding staff members. Even though the infiltrating Mafia goons had all been killed, the Mafia would not give up until they would get their stolen money back, so Mr. Crusoe had to come up with a plan of his own.

conclusion9.jpg

Mr. Crusoe gave the three staff members a briefcase with all the information about his hidden bank accounts. All of his possessions would now belong to them, including Isla Paradisa.

conclusion10.jpg

As his final words, Mr. Crusoe adviced that they shouldn't remain on the island for too long, though. The Mafia would surely send more goons to see what had happened there. The trio took the advice, split the money three ways and lived on.

conclusion11.jpg

As for Mr. Crusoe, he had nothing left, so he decided to reunite with the love of his life, Sunday.

~*~*~*THE END*~*~*~

winners.jpg

First of all, congratulations to the survivors of this game: Brickdoctor, KartoffelViking, Cutlass Iz, KielDaMan, Baylego and Capt. Redblade. You worked together efficiently to ensure the victory to the Town.

classof2011.jpg

Mafia School - Class of April 2011

The following players have passed the Mafia School, and will now be able to sign into the advanced Mafia games: Baylego, Brickdoctor, Captain Tamamono, Capt. Redblade, CommanderFox, Cutlass Iz, Dan the Brickman, dr jones, Gregorovich, KartoffelViking, KielDaMan, Pandora, Raven Brickroft, and smittyfan.

I want to express my sincerest thanks to all of you who participated in this experience! This was the very first Mafia School game in the history of this board, and hopefully all you students feel you learned enough to take a chance and sign into the more advanced games. Once the Mafia-bug bites, it's hard to stop, as you might have noticed. :wink:

This game is now over, so feel free to post anything and everything you have to say about it, whether you were a participant or just a watcher yourself.

Below is a list of individual evaluations of all of the players.

The Winners:

paradisa-bridget.jpgBridget Darwin (Brickdoctor) - Town (Cop) - Passed

You were the collective force of the Town, thanks to your night action. The Mafia got on your trail quickly, but thanks to KartoffelViking's protections, you managed to survive until you finally knew the alignments of all your co-players.

paradisa-casey.jpgCasey Roswell (Capt. Redblade) - Town - Passed

Despite being one of the less active players, you played well. You started voting when it counted, and helped convict two Mafia goons.

paradisa-colette.jpgColette LeMans (KielDaMan) - Town - Passed

You played passionately, which roused some suspicions towards you during a couple of days, but you overcame them and were one of the key players in earning the victory for the Town.

paradisa-keith.jpgKeith Worthing (KartoffelViking) - Town (Doctor) - Passed

You got lucky with protecting the right person from Night One, and wisely did not stray from that path. You also played covertly so that the Mafia goons didn't even suspect you of being the Doctor.

paradisa-kylan.jpgKylan Ise (Cutlass Iz) - Town - Passed

You were also one of the less active players especially towards the end, but whenever you posted, it was to smack some sense into your fellow Townies and steer them to the right path.

paradisa-vanya.jpgVanya Livny (Baylego) - Town - Passed

You played well, never drawing attention towards you, yet always participating in voting out the Mafia goons.

The Losers:

paradisa-ravi.jpgRavi Bombay, the Chef (RvB) - Town - convicted on Day One - Failed

I'm thoroughly disappointed of your behaviour after you were voted out. You showed a level of immaturity that's just not appropriate in these boards, so I had no choice but not to let you pass.

paradisa-raquel.jpgRaquel Benito Juarez, the Maid (Raven Brickroft) - Town - convicted on Day Two - Passed

You inactivity became your doom. And the lie about knowing the killer had long hair, what was that all about?!

paradisa-claudia.jpgClaudia Toscana, the Lifeguard (Captain Tamamono) - Town - killed on Night Two - Passed

You brought much color and spark to the game, especially in the Discussion topic. Thanks for that, and sorry you got killed off so soon!

paradisa-dreo.jpgDreo Jacmel, the Bartender (dr jones) - Mafia - convicted on Day Three - Passed

Your conviction started the downfall of the Mafia goons. You just didn't watch what you said, which is crucial for someone playing scum.

paradisa-erin.jpgErin Ennis (Euvor) - Mafia - commited suicide on Day Four - Failed

What happened to you? You were participating well, but suddenly you just disappeared without a word! It did not only harm you, but your fellow Mafia goons as well. For that, I could not allow you to pass.

paradisa-danielle.jpgDanielle Barrie, the Janitor (Dan the Brickman) - Mafia - convicted on Day Four - Passed

You played well, but by refusing to vote for dr jones you sealed your fate. You also made the mistake of trying to kill Brickdoctor for a second time, even though you knew he was the Cop and thus was likely to be under protection.

paradisa-cruz.jpgCruz Fortaleza (CommanderFox) - Town - killed on Night Four - Passed

You were enthusiastic, but that did not help you against the Mafia goons. You did nothing wrong, though.

paradisa-geert.jpgGeert Rotterdam, the Personal Trainer (Gregorovich) - Town - convicted on Day Five - Passed

I'm willing to give you a pass because you showed interest in this game and participated actively, but you really should've read what I posted more carefully in order to understand how this game worked better. I sincerely hope you know enough about it now.

paradisa-siegmund.jpgSiegmund Freiburg (smittyfan) - Town - killed on Night Five - Passed

Along with Captain Tamamono, you were also responsible for the entertainment in the Discussion topic. I just think it rubbed people the wrong way which eventually got you killed by the one remaining Mafia goon.

paradisa-panda.jpgPanda Panjin (Pandora) - Mafia - convicted on Day Six - Passed

You were clearly the leading force of the Mafia goons from the get-go, creating a Writeboard for you guys etc. After your three Mafia companions went down all in a row, there was no way you could've won. You still played valiantly to the very end, and for that I awarded you with a special ending.

Thank you all for playing, once again! I'm sure we'll be playing together in future Mafia games one day. :wink:

ah, it felt good being part of it. Well done Sandy!

A round of (figurative) applaus please! :tongue:

Great conclusion! The photography is excellent, as it has been throughout the entire game. The storyline is very interesting, and I've enjoyed following it. I had a great time playing, and I hope there's more Mafia School games, because I'm still not very good at playing. Thanks, and well done!

Bravo Sandy, what a wonderful ending to our first Mafia School game! Thank you to all the new players for participating in this endeavour, and thank you Sandy for being such a wonderful host and teacher. :sweet: Congratulations to those of you that survived, an admirable effort for your first game. That and a bit of luck always helps too. :wink:

A round of (figurative) applaus please! :tongue:

A round of apple sauce? Sounds like a plan.

First of all, I would like to commend Sandy for successfully conducting the first ever Mafia School here in EB, and it has been a pleasure to be part of this 'historic'' event in EB. Your story-telling is very enjoyable to read, and the overall presentation with all the excellently done photos are really very impressive. :thumbup:

Secondly, I'd like to thank you Sandy for choosing me as one of the student participants. It has really been a once-in-a-lifetime online experience that I really enjoyed throughout. Honestly, when I was watching from the sidelines from other mafia games, I found it weird seeing the players enjoying 'role-playing' on a fictional online game, but now I completely understand from experiencing the game first-hand, and I think I will be hooked on this mafia fever. :sweet:

Lastly, I'd like to congratulate my co-mafia students, especially my fellow townies for a job well done. It was a blast playing with you guys and gals, and I really enjoyed coordinating with you both in the game thread but most especially through our private conversations. To those who I might have said some nasty things within the game, I apologize and hope you understand it's all part of the game. Thanks for making this game experience memorable playing with all of you.

So now I'm eagerly looking forward participating on a regular mafia game. :classic:

BTW, should we post our character profiles like what's customary for other mafia games?

Congratulations winners and everyone who passed Mafia School.

Sandy, the narrative and especially the pictures were great. I enjoyed all the effort you put into the creations and the photography.

And damn, you students talk a lot, especially in the discussion thread. *huh*

This game was great fun to follow! Congrats to all the players, and most of all to Sandy for an entertaining story line and great photos!

Haha, love the seagull in the "class of..." shot :laugh:

If I had a hat I would take it off for you Sandy; thanks heaps for a great game, I really enjoyed it!

Sorry for bugging you with newbie questions the first couple of days. I know this was a "mafia school" game for beginners, but after having followed other mafia games here I was somewhat paranoid and suspicious of everyone, including the host, and I wouldn't accept anything at face value :tongue:

As for being the doctor, I really struck gold when deciding to protect Bridget Darwin (Brickdoctor) the first night, even though I did it on the false assumption that Ravi Bombay (RvB) would turn out scum. I had no idea that Bridget was the cop, and the game would have been totally different if I had protected someone else and she had died the first night. Since that night I only protected Bridget.

Otherwise I tried to stay off the mafia's radar, although I sparked some heated discussions on a couple of occacions, and I was getting a little excited and ahead of myself on day 5 when I thought we'd be able to get rid of the last piece of scum :laugh:

Big thanks to my fellow participants, in particular those I had private discussions with. The game wouldn't have been the same without you, the things you said and the things you did :thumbup:

The player evaluations are now up! Check them out from the first post.

BTW, should we post our character profiles like what's customary for other mafia games?

If you want to, go ahead!

Great job Sandy! I didn't get to participate as much as I'd liked to in the game because of life, I but I will try to participate more in the next game I play in. I really didn't expect to win this, but I am very happy I did! I think that I have a much better feel for mafia games now, and I understand all of the little details like watching what you say very carefully now.

Great job Sandy! I didn't get to participate as much as I'd liked to in the game because of life, I but I will try to participate more in the next game I play in. I really didn't expect to win this, but I am very happy I did! I think that I have a much better feel for mafia games now, and I understand all of the little details like watching what you say very carefully now.

Yeah, next time I'll be more carefull with what I'll say.

Sandy, is it possible to make a downsized version of the class pic and post it here? I'd like to get it in my signature but the only way I know how to do it, is to deeplink it. But it's to big. And I can't find instructions on how to add a pic of your own.

I completely agree with what you wrote in my evaluation, Sandy. Thanks for letting me pass, but even if you hadn't, I'd understand why. I think that almost everyone else played amazingly, especially Pandora. I never suspected her once. Thanks again for a great time, everyone!

The player evaluations are now up! Check them out from the first post.

Sandy, those individual shots of the characters are simply wonderful! I love 'em all. :wub:

If you want to, go ahead!

Sure! Here it is:

ava-colette.jpgColette LeMans – Town

You have come to Paradisa Holiday Romance Resort to seek true love, harmony and relaxation. You come from France, and your interests include literature and live-action roleplaying. You are curious by nature, but also timid when it comes to interacting with other people.

You are an innocent member of the Town. You have no night actions to use during the night phase. On a day phase, you can vote people you think belong to the Mafia.

As you'll see, I completely diverted away from my character's description:

- interested in literature and live-action roleplaying? Nope. Never showed that in the game, even the slightest hint.

- timid when interacting with other people? Quite the opposite for the French rage-queen. :tongue:

The only thing I took into character was being French, and thus the annoying amount of z's in my posts. :grin:

Sandy, is it possible to make a downsized version of the class pic and post it here? I'd like to get it in my signature but the only way I know how to do it, is to deeplink it. But it's to big. And I can't find instructions on how to add a pic of your own.

Sure thing!

classof2011small.jpg

Thank you again Sandy for giving us this wonderful opportunity! I had a great time playing, and I hope everyone else did, too! :sweet:

Also, congratulations to all of the winners! You all played a great game, and you deserve the win! :thumbup:

Here is my role PM:

ava-claudia.jpgClaudia Toscana – Town

You work at the Paradisa Holiday Romance Resort as a lifeguard. You were born and raised at the coast of Mediterranean Sea in Italy, where you inherit your feisty nature. One day at the beach Mr. Crusoe caught his eyes on you and offered you the job of your dreams, the offer which you gladly took.

You are an innocent member of the Town. You have no night actions to use during the night phase. On a day phase, you can vote people you think belong to the Mafia.

I think I played well for the time I was alive, and I hope to play in many more mafia games in the future! :sweet:

Edited by Captain Tamamono

ava-geert.jpgGeert Rotterdam – Town

You work at the Paradisa Holiday Romance Resort as a personal trainer. You are Dutch by origin, and you have a healthy way of life. You push those you train hard, but you push yourself even harder, constantly aiming for perfection. That is why Mr. Crusoe hired you.

I love that class photo! It's really funny, with all the corpses, the sea monster and the face-eating seagull!

Edited by Gregorovich

Thanks Sandy.

And here's mine:

You work at the Paradisa Holiday Romance Resort as a bartender.

You are native Haitian, and you spent your childhood in poverty.

You ended up dealing drugs for a living until you were hired by the Mafia.

You and your fellow goons are on Isla Paradisa on an undercover mission

to retrieve the money stolen by the ex-mobster calling himself Mr. Crusoe ten years ago – by any means necessary.

After exhausting all other options, you and your comrades start blackmailing

Mr. Crusoe by murdering one innocent person each night until he either gives in

or you can overpower the other residents of the island

Congrats to all those who have passed, particularly to the winners. You did a excellent job, especially considering the fact you had no night actions save for the investigator and the protector. :thumbup:

As for the best players, here's what I think:

Town - Brickdoctor (Bridget Darwin) - Cool, calm, collected, the True Leader of the Town. He had a plan, and systematically moved throughout the game, strategically coordinating privately players that he really trusted. Using the cop role to its utmost potential coupled with the doctor's protection from Day One is the key victory for the Town.

Mafia - Pandora (Panda Panjin) - the last player I would've suspected to be scum, she really sold well her 'innocence' throughout the game. If not for the last investigation, we wouldn't really have known that she was mafia. She really ably defended herself well even if it was a lost cause.

Honorable mention:

Mafia - Dan the Brickman (Danielle Barrie) - I was thoroughly impressed when he was able to stir up things among the Townies when he was about to be convicted. Good thing we regained our senses and still voted for you. :tongue:

Really great job guys, it was great playing with (and against) you. :thumbup:

As for the best players, here's what I think:

Town - Brickdoctor (Bridget Darwin) - Cool, calm, collected, the True Leader of the Town. He had a plan, and systematically moved throughout the game, strategically coordinating privately players that he really trusted. Using the cop role to its utmost potential coupled with the doctor's protection from Day One is the key victory for the Town.

Mafia - Pandora (Panda Panjin) - the last player I would've suspected to be scum, she really sold well her 'innocence' throughout the game. If not for the last investigation, we wouldn't really have know that she was mafia. She really ably defended herself well even if it was a lost cause.

Honorable mention:

Mafia - Dan the Brickman (Danielle) - I was thoroughly impressed when he was able to stir up things among the Townies when he was about to be convicted. Good thing we regained or senses and still voted for you. :tongue:

Really great job guys, it was great playing with (and against) you. :thumbup:

I agree with all of those, especially Doc. :thumbup: I found out that he was the Cop on Night 1, and we went off from there investigating Capt. Redblade and Cutlass Iz respectively. I must say that we were very lucky that Kartoffel decided to protect Doc on Night 1, because if not for that the Town would have most likely lost. I was already in discussions with Kartoffel and I suspected him of being the Doctor, however, he made it pretty well known that he didn't trust me at all. I don't blame him, if I was the Doctor, and someone was fishing for information from me, I would be pretty suspicious of him, too.

Honorable mention:

Dan the Brickman (Danielle Barrie)

At first I thought you said horible mention :tongue:

I think I need glasses...

I was already in discussions with Kartoffel and I suspected him of being the Doctor, however, he made it pretty well known that he didn't trust me at all. I don't blame him, if I was the Doctor, and someone was fishing for information from me, I would be pretty suspicious of him, too.

I think that might have been your fault early in the game, fishing for too much information. :tongue: Maybe that's the reason why the mafia targeted you?

At first I thought you said horible mention :tongue:

Shhhshh, don't spoil my 'making amends' with Dan after I (rightfully) betrayed him when we convicted him. :grin:

Shhhshh, don't spoil my 'making amends' with Dan after I (rightfully) betrayed him when we convicted him. :grin:

You betrayed me too...

I know that I really wanted you dead (in the game :classic: ) cause it was your fault they started to blame me. :tongue:

But we're all good friends now, right?

I think that might have been your fault early in the game, fishing for too much information. :tongue: Maybe that's the reason why the mafia targeted you?

Yeah, I unfortunately made the mistake of fishing too soon in the game. :grin: I was in conversations with Pandora, thinking she was Town. However, I didn't tell her much, so I suppose my usefulness was over by Night 2. :sceptic:

You betrayed me too...

Of course I did, since you're scum! What do you expect me to do, make friends with someone who'll kill me in the end? :tongue:

I know that I really wanted you dead (in the game :classic: ) cause it was your fault they started to blame me. :tongue:

Which makes me curious, why didn't you kill me even if I was annoying as hell with all my lengthy analysis/accusations and my signature dare for the mafia to kill me? I seriously thought I will be killed by the mafia by Night One. :look:

But we're all good friends now, right?

Of course! That's the beauty of this game, after all has been said and done, we throw everything out the window and go back to normality. I think the greatest thing I got out from playing this game aside from gaining the experience of mafia gameplay, is making friends in the process. :sweet: Members which I wouldn't have had the chance to interact with before, like you, Tamamono, Kartoffel, Dan, Pandora, smittyfan, Gregorovich, Baylego, are now like my 'batchmates' and this game has somehow introduced us to each other. And for that, I'm really thankful for this game. :thumbup:

Sign in to follow this