wooootles

MOC: Azure One Hotel & Suites

Here's my latest creation, something I've always wanted to do since I was... 8 years old? I'm getting it ready right for Brickworld 2016.

With 18 stories, measuring over 6 feet tall and more than 9,000 bricks, this is by far my largest creation. Since it's an absolute hassle to move around, the interior shots will come in later (though you might have seen a few already in my WIP thread). But for now, enjoy the exterior shots.

27571560996_9b6a881205_c.jpg

26997145973_952c386ea7_n.jpg 27506495682_3429556975_n.jpg 27532812181_8c4dc519ce_n.jpg 27506639272_ae45b3cbac_n.jpg

Stay tuned for the interior shots! And this won't be the last skyscraper in the Wasabi District; I'm already planning a second tower adjacent to the One Azure!

Here's some more photos of the 2nd floor: 5-Star Restaurant.

27331276650_917f38403e_n.jpg 27508636512_629a4dbce0_n.jpg

27508641592_4f05648e1a_n.jpg 27574289796_37b4df9f67_n.jpg

Here's the 1st floor/lobby. Made up of the check-in front desk and a piano bar.

27021729504_5ea1f89064_n.jpg 27022905243_d633844b63_n.jpg

27021767284_dfc94b5d7a_n.jpg 27021752304_ff35525be6_n.jpg

Here's one more set of shots: A Suite. Now, I don't think I'm gonna make 8-10x copies of these at the moment, but enjoy the pics of the sample floor.

27048237384_4919114c2e_n.jpg 27585843841_6c46a83290_n.jpg

27625075446_7548a3319f_n.jpg 27049565793_32802e79d5_n.jpg

Edited by Rick
Added interior images

Fantastic skyscraper, Wooootles. I like the details if the facade. And I am happy to see you are back developing the Wasabi District. I remember and admire your earlier MOCs, and am therefore excited to see what you are planning now.

Are you planning interior for every single floor - if there are floors inside at all? Or just for some on them?

I love how it fits within the modular format! And it's a fantastic skyscraper, awesome job Wooootles.

I saw your interior photo of the Sky Lounge awhile ago, now that I see what its going into bravo as this is awesome. I can't wait to see your elevator, lobby, and hopefully each floor won't be a carbon copy of each other interior wise. No matter what you should be proud of this build as its top notch.

Just checked out your Flickr page. I really like what I saw, the interiors look amazing!

Over 6 feet tall *huh* That really is a sky scraper! Wonderful use of color, and the rounded shape looks very luxurious :thumbup:

Thanks all! Here's some more photos of the 2nd floor: 5-Star Restaurant.

27331276650_917f38403e_n.jpg 27508636512_629a4dbce0_n.jpg

27508641592_4f05648e1a_n.jpg 27574289796_37b4df9f67_n.jpg

Fantastic skyscraper, Wooootles. I like the details if the facade. And I am happy to see you are back developing the Wasabi District. I remember and admire your earlier MOCs, and am therefore excited to see what you are planning now.

Are you planning interior for every single floor - if there are floors inside at all? Or just for some on them?

Thanks! The plan is to -not- do all floors, but do all -unique floors. Being a hotel, I see about 10 floors that in theory should look identical, and I don't have the further finances to do something like that.

I love how it fits within the modular format! And it's a fantastic skyscraper, awesome job Wooootles.

Thanks!

That is amazing! My lego city is all 3 to 4 stories. I dream of eventually building skyscrapers love i.e. This to put in the middle.

Haha I started off that way.

I saw your interior photo of the Sky Lounge awhile ago, now that I see what its going into bravo as this is awesome. I can't wait to see your elevator, lobby, and hopefully each floor won't be a carbon copy of each other interior wise. No matter what you should be proud of this build as its top notch.

Just checked out your Flickr page. I really like what I saw, the interiors look amazing!

Like I said above, I'll do all the unique floors (top floor, lobby, restaurant, gym etc etc) and have one sample suite.

Over 6 feet tall *huh* That really is a sky scraper! Wonderful use of color, and the rounded shape looks very luxurious :thumbup:

Thanks! It's no doubt the crown jewel of my LEGO 'career'!

Tomorrow I'll get photographs of the lobby! Check my flickr account ( wooootles ) and my instagram account ( wooootles ) to see some more of my works!

Edited by wooootles

This creation of yours is absolutely fantastic. I love both exterior and interior design. :wub:

For a sense of scale I'd love to see this skyscraper next to regular modulars like Brick Bank and Detective's Office.

Wooooaahh!

This has really exceeded expactation's after you posted your stylish interior WIPs. Stunning building, very sleek modern design with the shape and so big. I like it a lot, not the least as it's coming across very differently to those 3 storey old style modulars.

I'm curious too see how you grow your district over time.

This is stunning!

Looking forward to seeing it in person later this week!

Thanks again, all! Here's the 1st floor/lobby. Made up of the check-in front desk and a piano bar.

27021729504_5ea1f89064_n.jpg 27022905243_d633844b63_n.jpg

27021767284_dfc94b5d7a_n.jpg 27021752304_ff35525be6_n.jpg

Beautiful skyscraper: I like the shape and the shiny azure color! :wub:

Amazing cars on the main entrance! :thumbup:

Thanks!

Amazing skyscraper. I like the design. Outer styling of facade (lobby and 2nd floor is great). Like real building.

Max

Hope you appreciate the inside of the first floor also!

This creation of yours is absolutely fantastic. I love both exterior and interior design. :wub:

For a sense of scale I'd love to see this skyscraper next to regular modulars like Brick Bank and Detective's Office.

I will display it alongside my Barnes and Noble Building and Avenue Residences, which dwarf Green Grocer and Grand Emporium, which dwarf Brick bank and Detective's Office :grin:

Wooooaahh!

This has really exceeded expactation's after you posted your stylish interior WIPs. Stunning building, very sleek modern design with the shape and so big. I like it a lot, not the least as it's coming across very differently to those 3 storey old style modulars.

I'm curious too see how you grow your district over time.

Thanks! It's definitely a change from what one would consider a typical LEGO modular building (apart from size); tried to make the design clean without making it look boring.

Hope you guys enjoy the latest images!

That is a great tower, very inspiring. I'm a huge fan of curves and weird angles on Lego builds, and this has both!

That's an amazing creation. Especially since you also built an interior. The exterior shape looks amazing as well.

I'm also currently working on a skyscraper project (Downtown) which will sit on 9 baseplates and will contain 4 skyscrapers. Still gonna take a while though: One is almost finished (digitally). Thanks for the inspiration!

Edited by peedeejay

Thanks all! Here's one more set of shots: A Suite. Now, I don't think I'm gonna make 8-10x copies of these at the moment, but enjoy the pics of the sample floor.

27048237384_4919114c2e_n.jpg 27585843841_6c46a83290_n.jpg

27625075446_7548a3319f_n.jpg 27049565793_32802e79d5_n.jpg

This is stunning!

Looking forward to seeing it in person later this week!

See you there, come by and say hi!

That is a great tower, very inspiring. I'm a huge fan of curves and weird angles on Lego builds, and this has both!

Thanks! My Barnes and Noble gave me a sampling of what I can do with hinges and curves!

That's an amazing creation. Especially since you also built an interior. The exterior shape looks amazing as well.

I'm also currently working on a skyscraper project (Downtown) which will sit on 9 baseplates and will contain 4 skyscrapers. Still gonna take a while though: One is almost finished (digitally). Thanks for the inspiration!

Nice! Should make a good cluster. I'm LDD'ing the second tower adjacent to this already.

This is simply amazing. So many details to look at.

Thanks!

That's amazing. A dream I also had as a child. With all my bricks (large windows were the limiting factor) at that time I could only build a 4 storey building.

But this is really well executed especially with those curves.

Great job!

That's amazing. A dream I also had as a child. With all my bricks (large windows were the limiting factor) at that time I could only build a 4 storey building.

But this is really well executed especially with those curves.

Great job!

I would totally stay in a suite in a hotel like that.

Wow, beautiful build! Classy exterior, classy interior. Good stuff!

Oh My god!!!

That's incredible, what a great build!!!

Very very very good job

Very nice woootles! impressive.

Thanks again, all! And the MOC is all broken down again for Brickworld! I hope the packaging engineering is successful and the MOC doesn't get destroyed on the trip :grin: