BasOne

LEGO MOVIE QUIZ

Ok, so I was thinking, how about a quiz.

Been doing some on other forums so I thought, "Hey, this can be done in Lego, and what better place to do it than Eurobricks?"

So here is the deal.

1. Build a scene from a movie in Lego. (the more detail the better)

2. Post it in this thread.

3. People start guessing which movie it is.

4. The one that guesses right gets a point.

5. The one that gave the correct answer has a turn next (ie. builds the next scene from a movie)

6. Scenes can be made with bricks and photographed or with LDD or other Lego Cad program, as long as it's LEGO.

7. If no one guesses it or it proves to be too difficult, you may ask for hints or ask the builder another question (ie. Can you post another scene?)

8. Before posting a new 'question' wait for the question giver to confirm you have the right answer.

9. When posting a confirmation of the right answer, the question giver updates the score list.

10. Post an answer and you are commited to a new question, please bare that in mind.

11. Post a new question ASAP, you have a maximum of 72 hours before someone else can jump in.

IMPORTANT TIP:

If you want to participate, build some mocs and have em ready to use as questions before answering so the game can move one more swiftly.

So to be absolutely clear, I'll post a movie scene or character in Lego, you start guessing what movie it's from.

The one that guesses it, builds the next scene and gets a point.

I'll start with a simple one.

What movie?

LDDScreenShot31.png

Edited by BasOne

Nice idea.

I've not seen the whole film, so I'm not certain, but is it 2001: A Space Odyssey?

Nice idea.

I've not seen the whole film, so I'm not certain, but is it 2001: A Space Odyssey?

Indeed, a simple rendition of HAL and dave :tongue:

Scores:

1 ADHO15

Indeed, a simple rendition of HAL and dave :tongue:

Scores:

1 ADHO15

I thought so.

Great. It's my turn now then?

Here's one I watched last night. Not too difficult, I hope. :classic:

film1.png

Very good, sok! Your turn.

ADHO15: 1

sok117: 1

Edited by ADHO15

Very good, sok! Your turn.

Are you keeping a list of scores in the first post, BasOne?

Oops should have clarified that.

You confirmed the right answer, each one that does that adds the point to someones score or adds a new name to the list.

I'll add a clarification to the opening post.

Edited by BasOne

We've been doing this on Swebrick.se since November - it also begun with 2001. :laugh:

It's a lot of fun!

Some suggestions to the rules to keep the thread going:

If the one who gave the correct answer does not post a new scene within three days anyone can post a new scene. One point is withdrawn from the person who neglected to post a new scene.

If the one who posts a scene does not give an answer whether the guesses are right/wrong within three days anyone can post a new scene. One point is withdrawn from the person who neglected to correct the guesses.

Also, keeping the score in the posts will very fast get problematic since the list will grow very big.

We've been doing this on Swebrick.se since November - it also begun with 2001. :laugh:

It's a lot of fun!

If the one who gave the correct answer does not post a new scene within three days anyone can post a new scene. One point is withdrawn from the person who neglected to post a new scene.

If the one who posts a scene does not give an answer whether the guesses are right/wrong within three days anyone can post a new scene. One point is withdrawn from the person who neglected to correct the guesses.

Also, keeping the score in the posts will very fast get problematic since the list will grow very big.

On Swebrick, we also have a rule about size. The base must not be larger than 8x8 studs!

It's a lot of fun!

On Swebrick, we also have a rule about size. The base must not be larger than 8x8 studs!

It is BasOne's topic, so I feel that he should decide which rules to include. I like the first two suggestions as they will help the game moving.

As for the third, the topic hasn't taken off very quickly, so it might not be a big problem. Like I said, the scoreboard could be added to the first post instead if BasOne has the time to maintain it.

And about the 8x8 limit, I don't think that should be enforced part way through the game when larger scenes have already been made.

:classic:

Edited by ADHO15

It is BasOne's topic, so I feel that he should decide which rules to include.

I totally agree! Just wanted to make a couple of suggestions to help the fun before it gets stuck. :classic:

An 8 x 8 rule does not help the fun in any way, but it somewhat encourages brick challenged builders (who don't want to use LDD). Also it helps take the blunt of spending a lot of time on a large scene that someone cracks in seconds... Personally I embrace the challenge with a constricted size, but it does not need to be a rule.

This concept is a lot of fun, I think! :)

I really liked your Stand By Me-entry by the way!

I totally agree! Just wanted to make a couple of suggestions to help the fun before it gets stuck. :classic:

An 8 x 8 rule does not help the fun in any way, but it somewhat encourages brick challenged builders (who don't want to use LDD). Also it helps take the blunt of spending a lot of time on a large scene that someone cracks in seconds... Personally I embrace the challenge with a constricted size, but it does not need to be a rule.

This concept is a lot of fun, I think! :)

I really liked your Stand By Me-entry by the way!

Of course. I'm sure they'll help!

I might find that trying to build a good enough version of some scenes challenging on such a small plate, so I chose a standard 16x16 limit for myself. Those train tracks were 1x16, so I built around them. Limiting people who want to go bigger isn't fair, so keeping it open lets anyone choose a size they can manage.

Thank you very much. :classic: I have some more lined up in case I get another turn. :wink:

Thanks for the suggestions guys, allways good to get feedback ^_^

The reason is didn't include a timelimit or a penalty is because i'm not sure how long or how fast the game would move and i didn't

want to place that kind of severe restrictions at the start of something new on EB.

If the game moves along a bit quicker or people get really frustrated about lack of postings it would become something to consider.

I just like to see if enough people are even interested in joining in.

More of the same really applies tot a size restriction on builds and keeping a scorelist in the opening post.

Allthough i was planning on doing that with periodic updates if a score list gets too long, as i don't think i have the time to do it on a regular basis.

But do keep on suggesting, as they say, it can only get better :tongue:

Now, who's turn is it :grin:

Edited by BasOne

Its my turn, I'll whip something up quickly tomorrow if u guys can wait.

Perhaps you should put a three day limit on it, otherwise it'll never get moving.

Maybe you should only answer is you have a MOC started/complete.

Perhaps you should put a three day limit on it, otherwise it'll never get moving.

Maybe you should only answer is you have a MOC started/complete.

Maybe you're right, i'll think up something.

For now.

It's open, first to post a new question to continue

Sorry Sok, it's taking a bit long.

Updated the OP.

Edited by BasOne

Maybe you're right, i'll think up something.

For now.

It's open, first to post a new question to continue

Sorry Sok, it's taking a bit long.

Updated the OP.

So does he lose his point like above? Sorry, sok, I'm not trying to be mean! :tongue:

How about this one?

film2.png

Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

Well done! Your turn.

simonjedi: 1

sok117: 1

Ghost Busters?

Yes. I can't remember them fighting a GHOST SHARK though :tongue:

Your Turn.

simonjedi: 1