???theriddler???

Batman Films Discussion

Cool, thanks for sharing, ???theriddler??? :classic:

I'm hoping that they'll put Mr. Freeze in, at least as one of the enemies.

Other than that, we'll just have to wait to see what they have in mind for the storyline.

I wonder what he meant with 'end' though. I assume (and hope) that he meant something like an open ending, which every one can just pour their imagination on based in the comics 'nd stuff. If you know what I mean.

Who is the guy on the picture to the right? One of the Nolan brothers?

And I doubt they'll keep the name "Batman 3". That's probably just a working title.

I suspect it will be something like 'Caped Crusader' since that, like The Dark Knight is one of his aliases.

Regards,

CF W

:sceptic: Im sceptical on this. Nolan just said in an interview that he was stuck for ideas for Batman, and came up with better ideas for Superman. Now he's working on that instead for the time being. :sceptic:

I'm not against Batman 3, I loved the Dark Knight (who didn't?) but I have a feeling it's not such a great idea. Heath Ledger is gone (R.I.P), Nolan doesn't sound overly interested, and just think of the amount of pressure on his hands! It would be Spidey 3 all over again, not actually a bad film but recieved badly because it's successors were amazing. :sceptic:

But, please Nolan, prove me wrong! :tongue:

Are they actually going to call it Batman 3?? What a poor choice.
And I doubt they'll keep the name "Batman 3". That's probably just a working title.

I suspect it will be something like 'Caped Crusader' since that, like The Dark Knight is one of his aliases.

That's logical. In the James Bond series, it was Bond 22 before it was Quantum of Solace and now the next is Bond 23, so I expect it's like this and is only temporary.

Edited by ADHO15

Words...... cannot..... express..... :cry_happy:

I'm so excited! )))))))))) :thumbup:

I should be in that movie!!!!

Penguin.jpg

(Me maniacally laughing now!)

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

That's logical. In the James Bond series, it was Bond 22 before it was Quantum of Solace and now the next is Bond 23, so I expect it's like this and is only temporary.

Indeed, it's just a working title.

This is just :wub:

The next villain is either going to be the Riddler, or the Penguin. They are the only two major villains that can be made realistic. The Riddler could be like the Joker, or a mobster. And the Penguin can be a mobster.

Either way, I'm exited.

The next villain is either going to be the Riddler, or the Penguin.

I vote Riddler! (Sorry, Penguin! :tongue: )

Nolan could do an amazing job with the Riddler character.

Darn, I forgot to make a thread for this.

Are they actually going to call it Batman 3?? What a poor choice.

No, don't worry, its jut the working title :classic:

I'm hoping that they'll put Mr. Freeze in, at least as one of the enemies.

The guy on the right is Christopher Nolan, and one of the first things confirmed is that Mr Freeze WON'T be in the film. Sorry, but I don't think he'd fit as well.

:sceptic: Im sceptical on this. Nolan just said in an interview that he was stuck for ideas for Batman, and came up with better ideas for Superman. Now he's working on that instead for the time being. :sceptic:

I'm not against Batman 3, I loved the Dark Knight (who didn't?) but I have a feeling it's not such a great idea. Heath Ledger is gone (R.I.P), Nolan doesn't sound overly interested, and just think of the amount of pressure on his hands! It would be Spidey 3 all over again, not actually a bad film but recieved badly because it's successors were amazing. :sceptic:

Actually development for this has been happening for a while, we got confirmation it was being made about a month and a half back and that the first draft of the script had been made about a month back, so I certainly disagree that they're out of ideas. Also it was David Goyer who came up with the ideas for Superman and Nolan thought they were good, and so decided to "Godfather" the films, meaning he's not even directing the Superman films at all, just producing, which means he'll have plenty of time to focus on Batman.

Why would the passing of Heath Ledger affect the film though? And I thought Spidey 3 was indeed a bad film unlike the first two.

The next villain is either going to be the Riddler, or the Penguin. They are the only two major villains that can be made realistic.

I think there are more villains to do realistically but Riddler and Penguin are the best ones.

That said, I don't want this to be a sausage fest like the latter half of TDK, I say bring on Catwoman, that would be great.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Why would the passing of Heath Ledger affect the film though?

Nolan was planning on the Joker having a big part in Batman 3 (he'd planned the whole trilogy out), so he has to think of something new now. I'm glad he isnt directing Superman though. :tongue:

I remember hearing on a radio station that they thought about casting johnny depp as the joker because The other guy can't do it anymore, god rest his soul. And They also said the director was leaning towards the riddler.

That said, I don't want this to be a sausage fest like the latter half of TDK, I say bring on Catwoman, that would be great.

Why not more less known villains? Black Mask, Deadshot, Hugo Strange, Hush, The Mad Hatter?

But i hope they put me in the new movie :thumbup: !

Ow yeah Penguin, here is a list for you i found on the web :tongue: :

http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-lamest-batman-villains.php

Edited by ???theriddler???

Harley Quinn all the way baby! :tongue: I would really love to see Harley in the new movie. A revamped version of her perhaps? Anyways, I think it should have the Riddler also since in almost every Batman movie there is atleast 2 bad guys. :thumbup:

Edited by Jar Jar

Nolan was planning on the Joker having a big part in Batman 3 (he'd planned the whole trilogy out), so he has to think of something new now. I'm glad he isnt directing Superman though. :tongue:

Ah, thanks, I thought that's where you were going, but was afraid it was gonna be the "It's disrespectful to finish the franchise" reason that I hate.

I remember hearing on a radio station that they thought about casting johnny depp as the joker because The other guy can't do it anymore, god rest his soul. And They also said the director was leaning towards the riddler.

I wouldn't trust these sources, the script isn't even finished, let alone casting beginning.

Why not more less known villains? Black Mask, Deadshot, Hugo Strange, Hush, The Mad Hatter?

You don't know what I mean by sausage fest do you? I mean there aren't enough female characters, and the ones you've listed are...male :tongue:

Besides, Black Mask and Hush are awful characters, Deadshot is an antihero not a villain, and not even Batman related much anymore, to do Mad Hatter justice you'd need the mind technology which is too far out with these more grounded films.

Hugo would be great though, but I want Riddler and Catwoman and the mob, maybe with the Penguin as the mob leader.

You don't know what I mean by sausage fest do you? I mean there aren't enough female characters, and the ones you've listed are...male :tongue:

Besides, Black Mask and Hush are awful characters, Deadshot is an antihero not a villain, and not even Batman related much anymore, to do Mad Hatter justice you'd need the mind technology which is too far out with these more grounded films.

Hugo would be great though, but I want Riddler and Catwoman and the mob, maybe with the Penguin as the mob leader.

It was just doing some sugestions. Yeah i know, i just want that there where more female villains. I hope exactly the villains you say: Riddler and Catwoman. I like the idea of The Penguin, but maby someone new, like gambol could be the mob, or no mob in this film, who knows? Maby a third cameo for The Scarecrow?

Now, why would I have to be a mob?

We've already been shown (90% that was it) Iceberg Lounge, so I may have a non-mob look.

I think (taking into account Nolan's uncanonical views) that the best role for the Penguin is to be more of a businessman-type. Have we all forgotten the CEO from the first movie? He and me may always have some grudge against Wayne. Penguin may also have a role of underworld "treasurer", like in comic stories. Without actually taking part in all that fighting stuff. Not to mention Nolan's continuing point of corruption-fighting...... And who could be the best for the role of the source of that evil? )

As for the Riddler.... Well, the partnership of Riddler + Penguin reminds me instantly of my most favourite comic story "The Night of the Penguin". Where they've been working successfully together. )

So, I'm pretty sure that that'll be he best choice for villains.

Not to rain on your parade, guys, but I agree with Batbrick, other villains seem to be too unrealistic for Nolan. ) :classic:

P.S.

Yes, I'd really love to see Catwoman too, but I'm afraid her reputation has been ruined by a certain film.... :classic:

She needs some time, really..... )

Edited by The Penguin

One of the first things confirmed is that Mr Freeze WON'T be in the film. Sorry, but I don't think he'd fit as well.

Hm yeah, well it was mostly wishful thinking anyway :wink:

And I believe I read somewhere that The Penguin wouldn't be suited either, considering the way C. Nolan is making these movies (as in with the darker things and stuff, I hope that made sense :blush: ) but that Riddler has been suggested as well.

But now that I think of it, I believe I read that on Wikipedia and that isn't always too be trusted, so...

Regards,

CF W

Edit: I looked it up. Here's what the piece said:

In addition, Nolan considers the Penguin difficult to portray on film, explaining, "There are certain characters that are easier to mesh with the more real take on Batman we're doing. The Penguin would be tricky."

And:

He has also speculated that the villain of the upcoming film might be the Riddler

He would be Gary Oldman.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_in_film (scroll all the way down to 'Third film' )

Edited by CF WeaZZel

At the 2008 Toronto Film Festival while promoting "Is There Anybody There?", he spoke out about how he learned about what the studio have in mind. "I was with [a Warner Bros.] executive and I said, 'Are we going to make another one?' They said yeah," he tipped off. "I said, 'How the hell are we going to top Heath [Ledger]? And he says 'I'll tell you how you top Heath - Johnny Depp as The Riddler and Philip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin.' I said, 'S--t, they've done it again!'"

Michail Caine, who proved to be right before TDK release, BTW. ) :classic:

Edited by The Penguin

This is just :wub:

The next villain is either going to be the Riddler, or the Penguin. They are the only two major villains that can be made realistic. The Riddler could be like the Joker, or a mobster. And the Penguin can be a mobster.

Either way, I'm exited.

Not sure about that. Would you have honestly thought that the Scare Crow could have been made into the realistic villain he was portrayed in the first movie?

Why would the passing of Heath Ledger affect the film though? And I thought Spidey 3 was indeed a bad film unlike the first two.

Heath Ledger had a huge affect on the succes on the DK. Not only finacial, but just pulling off the schcotic mind set of the Joker. His acting was amazing, and if it weren't for him, the film wouldn't have done any better than the first (whitch isn't bad. The first movie did well, but know where close to the DK.) His character is really what made the movie memerable.

Now thats not to say that the third can't be good. Nolan has proven he can make a great movie, but he has very large shoes to fill. Even if they are his own.

I think there are more villains to do realistically but Riddler and Penguin are the best ones.

Batbrick Away!

Catwoman could easily be done in realistic fashion. At least no more easier than the riddler or the Penguin. Her family gets killed and she turns into a lonely "cat lady" with dozens of cats living with her and goes a little crazy in the process! :tongue: Heck, she doesn't even need to where a cat suit. Just pike her hair to make ears or something. :tongue:

To the general public, these villain are not well know and probably wouldn't draw in the crowd that a more well know villain would.

They did go with two obscure guys for the first one. I thought it was a great move, it helped keep the focus on Batman himself. They don't have to do that anymore.

They will probably have to redress the gender balance, so I'd say a female villain is guaranteed. Catwoman is the obvious choice, but Poison Ivy or Harley Quinn would work for me. Catwoman's theme is a little strained, but they managed to make Scarecrow's scare tactics and Twoface's coinflip obsession work very well, so they might be able to pull her off.

I don't like Dr. Freeze so I'm glad it's not him. Batman villains tend towards the one-dimensional and gimmicky and he's particularly bad. I kinda like Penguin. I imagine he could be very interesting if somebody manages to strip away the cheesiness his movie incarnations have always had. I think they should leave Joker out of it. It's only a trilogy; asking someone to step in for Ledger at this point might only be disruptive (even if it were Depp, who can do pretty much anything).

Edited by Dunjohn