Legonardo

Sennecks' Reside

Senneck is the eldest of a trio of brothers who live in the enchanted forests of Avalonia. Senneck is by far the wisest, and uses magic very seldom, mostly for helping the sick, and can often be found writing at the top of his tower. The locals come to him for guidance and wisdom, as he would appear to be the most qualified person around to give it...

15613853132_2215844e1f_c.jpg

15589427536_bf7e9791ff_z.jpg

Sooooo

this has officially been the most busy week of my life. a few months ago I registered to go to the auckland brickshow this weekend, not realising that my entire years folio for graphics and painting were due TODAY. the same day I have to have an exhibit built and fly to Auckland, so it's been... hectic, lets leave it at that. Personally I am happy with the tower top, and the tree itself, but I don't think they work as well together as they could, hence i will be building another tree moc, and another tower moc in due time :p I didn't like the stonework but with the amount of time I had I just left it be. anyhow hope you enjoy it, this will be at the Auckland lego show this weekend, and once again, more upcoming mocs on the way ;)

Now to pack for my flight in a few hours...

David

Beautiful. I really love the spiral look on the branches, it's a very nice effect. And I love the rest of it too! The path is superb. I kind of agree that you could have a more effective boundary between tree and tower (I couldn't, but you could :wink: ) Good luck with all your hectic tasks.

This is pretty damn awesome! I do agree about the transition- not that I could create something like this!

Edit: your work you posted on Flickr is pretty damn awesome, quit being so amazing! ;)

Edited by Lord Vladivus

Wow! Love the variation of colour in the terrain! I think the tower and the tree work well together! :) but my favourite has to be the angles you manage to pull off in the top of the tower! :)

Beautiful David, i love the studs-out tree. The roof is a unique shape as well. Best of luck with your assessment and hope you have fun at the Auckland Brick show - great work getting this beauty done in time. :classic:

As other's have mentioned, that tree is great, especially the lower part and the gnarly roots! :thumbup: I do like the top section of the house but I have to agree with you that it doesn't seem to fit so well for some reason. Personally I think the stonework could be improved without the dk tan, but I've never been a fan of mixing light bley and dk tan, so that's not surprising! I do think that it's a little odd to find a tree house that's built partially out of stone, especially at such a height - I'd imagine stones that large would be pretty far away (since nothing grows too well in a rocky soil), and of course it would be quite a challenge to get them up there!

Your builds are always superb. I love the pathway idea.

I don't mind the transition. I have a logic that makes better sense than a stone tower built into an old tree. Multiple trees growing around an even more ancient tower, melding together over time. The stone structure would have been pushed inward and upward, so that the original top of the tower would have toppled. The wooden structure would then be a more recent addition.

I also love this build, LD!

The idea of a stone tower on a gnarled old hollow tree is really a neat idea. I like how both the tree and the tower are done, but I would like to see more of a gradual transition between the two, similar to the transition from ground to tree. The angles on the tree, tower walls, and tower roof add quite a lot to the complexity and realistic effect of this build.

Brick on, LD!

Good tree, really wonderful house, and a very nice base! I agree that the tree/tower transition isn't great. I dint think it's your build, but instead just the oddity of a stone structure on top of a tree. Perhaps it would look better if the tower base was wood?

This is an awesome treehouse! I really love the tree and the roof of the tower. Also interesting path to the front door, what did you use for the cobblestones?

Awesome build and excellent tree, LD, especially the angles on the leaves and the roots :classic:

The tower, path, and color scheme are great as well :thumbup:

Fantastic build again, the way the tower and tree blend together is just superb. I love how the door and window are inserted into the truck, and the colors used are just exquisite. Pure eye candy!

What a brick spectacle!!! I love the way you made the fake rock facade and all the little hair and helmet pieces you used for the path. Good job, love all the colors, angles and techniques.

Everything is drop dead gorgeous, but honestly the landscaping is my absolute favorite part. It's more blocks than same people build, but I really like the effect.

This is wonderful. Like trying to bring a Ghibli movie to life in Lego. I like everything about this build and strongly disagree about the critiques over the use of a stone tower with a tree and so on. It looks exactly as whimsical and unlikely as it should, but I also see how much thought you put into the construction of the tower in contrast with the shape of the tree, where it's thickest and how it grows around the stone.

I'm with mccoyed on this one. I love the concept, it works very well for an Avalonian mage.

I'm not sold on the helmets for the path however. I think you've used them very effectively for rocks in a wall before; but here, they're way too round and slick for a walking surface.

Absolutly stunning build!

Love absolutly everything about this! I've wanted to build a tree house for a long time and now I have something to give me inspiration! :sweet:

Excellent shapes and color use, as we are spoiled by seeing from you as usual! (Am I right in assuming you had dark orange leaves in your LUGBULK? :wink:)

My favorite parts are the roof and the lower section of the tree with the parts of the structure blending in so well there.

I don't mind the transition. I have a logic that makes better sense than a stone tower built into an old tree. Multiple trees growing around an even more ancient tower, melding together over time. The stone structure would have been pushed inward and upward, so that the original top of the tower would have toppled. The wooden structure would then be a more recent addition.

A very plausable explanation, I like it. It also would explain why there is stone wall sections visible at the bottom. But the good thing with building in a fantasy setting is that (regardless of how much I love to have correct physics) there is a lot of space for the builder artist to build something that first of all looks awesome :classic:

A very plausable explanation, I like it. It also would explain why there is stone wall sections visible at the bottom. But the good thing with building in a fantasy setting is that (regardless of how much I love to have correct physics) there is a lot of space for the builder artist to build something that first of all looks awesome :classic:

Spot on, Gideon!! :sweet: That's why I love fantasy building so much!