Elymas

It is said in Mitgardia to never trust a Nocturnus(Drow). But although because of that, Mitgardians do not fear to visit Nocturnus. So for a safe haven for our tradesmen and other travellers, Elon Chorian, Hersir of Valholl, build this Embassy: Elymas. Build in the wastelands of Nocturnus. Here people are safe. They can rest here, trade or just pay a visit. Not only our own people are welcome. To show are hospitality, also Avalonians and Kaliphlinians come here for the night when travelling trough Nocturnus.

The embassy is also used for diplomatic things. Sometimes, there can be a fight or other matters between Mitgardians and the Nocturnus. Then they come to Elymas; always a solution!

6835860127_bea396c4d0_z.jpg

Elymas

6835879809_b7c227f33f_m.jpg6835886533_385c965a8d_m.jpg6835891797_079fbff835_m.jpg6835898163_751376d21f_m.jpg

Different views

6835873929_67258c51b6.jpg

There is also a Druid in Elymas, because you never know with the black magic of the Drow. And ofcourse he likes the Mitgardian ice more than lava, so why not change it!

6835954415_0dbdf63e8c.jpg

An Avalonian Elf, spending the night in Elymas.

6835964413_5588a08c1e.jpg

A warrior from Kaliplin is asking the ambassador for permission to stay here for the night.

6835925795_076deb2e55.jpg

Trading.

6835905315_8262b14cc9.jpg

Nocturnus coming for a visit.

More and better photo's: Elymas

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Nice embassy!!!

It really fits in Nocturnus!

haha, I like how your mage is converting the lava into Ice :laugh:

Even I am from Kaliphlin, I only doubt about the Avalonian Elf staying there. I am pretty sure those 2 Nocturnians visiting are there for capturing the Elf :tongue:

Wow, what a beautiful embassy! There is a definite Mitgardian feel to it, but some great Nocturnus landscaping. Of course, your druid is taking care of that so it will be all Mitgardia soon enough! Great work!

Elymas

Sometimes, there can be a fight or other matters between Mitgardians en the Nocturnus.

Noticed you are dutch by this sentence haha :p me too!

Nice embassy! Love the Mitgardian building style and you pulled it of nicely. Great interiors and some neat little 'stories' inside. Wonderfull moc!

very nice. Black can be hard to work with but I think you did a great job. full of life and tons of details.

Brilliant work! I love the believability/reality of it. The layout with angled wall gives it real character and the interiors are really well done. Perhaps I really like it because it looks like the kind of thing I might actually have the parts to build versus some of the more extravagant creations of the guild leaders and longtime collectors. It's very inspiring to see a build like yours and think - "wow, I might really be able to put something together like that." Great job - one of my favorites.

This is just beautiful. I love all the inner details, outside details, everything is perfect. Great melding of the two style and the druid changing the lava to ice is so perfect.

Great job.

Great details (as usual for you)! I really like those trees; wish I had more of those pieces.

The embassy is beautiful. It looks very Mitgardian, with just a touch of Nocturnus. The black walls work really well; without the grey corners it wouldn't have looked right. The detailing on the backside is wonderful too. I really like your use of the turntable bases; I've been working them into my embassy too.

And that is a serious amount of black cheese slopes around the outside. Let's see, 4x48 - 4 = 188. At $0.05 each on BL in quantity, that's $9.40 in cheese slopes right there!

I love it! So many details to just fall in love with!

The shrubs are very nocturnian and I like the design very much! I can really see the mix and clash of Mithgardia and Nocturnus! The two towers at the gate are also soo good!

This has to be my favourite embassy so far as well!

Great work!

I love it! So many details to just fall in love with!

The shrubs are very nocturnian and I like the design very much! I can really see the mix and clash of Mithgardia and Nocturnus! The two towers at the gate are also soo good!

This has to be my favourite embassy so far as well!

Great work!

I agree. This is gorgeous! I love those bushes. :thumbup:

Wow, such a great fusion of styles. The back corner house feels very Nocturnus inspired, while the walls, towers and gate seem more Mitgardian. The colour scheme is perfect, and i love all the interiors and details too. (Including the druid doing some "housekeeping"!) :thumbup: Seems like i'm in good company in saying that this is my fav embassy thus far. :classic:

Very nice, I shall have to come for a visit and see it for myself.

Like the bushes and all round attention to detail :thumbup:

Dr Rod

I like everything about it, except that it's Mitgardian :angry:

Wasn't black supposed to be difficult to photograph? Your pictures look great!

Thanks all for the kind words! :classic:

That's just beautiful. What a wonderful embassy to put in Nocturnus. We welcome it with enthusiasm, as long as we can take it over later. default_devg1.gif

That's what we Mitgardians mean with:"to never trust a drow" :tongue:

Wasn't black supposed to be difficult to photograph? Your pictures look great!

Not that difficult when the photo's are taken outside :wink:

That's what we Mitgardians mean with:"to never trust a drow" default_tong.gif

Not all Nocturnians are drow like Angeli. He is just the most vocal. We Illithids are much more cunning.

Awesome work!

You really managed to get around the problematic black colour in a fantastic way, I personally find it really hard to build in black. It really fits with the Nocturnian theme too, even though the architecture is obviously Mitgardian with its square stone blocks and wooden details. I also like the landscaping very much, the use of slopes in only two directions is interesting and creates a smooth but also textured area that work very well. The small shrubs and the lava stream adds to the dark and Nocturnian feeling and I love the druid.

Mitgardia is lucky to have such a strong embassy in the dark eastern lands. :thumbup:

Top stuff ! my favourite embassy so far too, you have captured the Nocturnus feel perfectly and it's great to see some of our troops at the gate rockin' the dark red capes (they wouldn't be Grimm's elite by any chance?).

Best of luck in round two.

Another great build in what has become a long line great builds! You do our guild proud. I was hoping to see something of ours with lava in Nocturnus and was about to throw something together. Now I won't need to, yours is way better. Great job!

This embassy is Fantastic! One of my favorites. It is beautifully done with the landscaped area with the lava, and the great roofwork and wooden boarding of the towers. You've packed a lot into a small space. I agree that the druid is a great touch. The corners of your walls are great, so many things I love about this one. Great job!

Edited by rogueang