green dewback

My Modded 7676 Republic Gunship

indexed.gif

Finally finished modding every part that I was unsatisfied with in the original version.

Hope you like it. :classic:

307cd257.jpg

Custom decal printed on normal paper and glued to another layer of paper for extra thickness.

7bd84325.jpg

Paper is "hooked" ontop the ramp piece.

Bottom is secured with 2 transparent sticky tape facing each other to form a transparent band.

No glue needed, easily removable anytime.

27479dad.jpg

Paper down.

Transparent band is held in place by the lego piece behind, removable.

e9a4c82a.jpg

Escape/Docking hatch. Putting a function to the empty triangle hole.

3e818806.jpg

f265c07b.jpg

IIRC in The Clone Wars animation, there was a episode where the Twilight docked to the Malevolence battleship.

With this hatch the LAAT/i can dock in the vacuum of space too, ending the reliance on hangar bay in motherships.

View from the bottom, boat studs are used to reduce friction and reinforce the plates.

ddc0bebc.jpg

Minifig with waist accessories fits through too.

ac09e7bb.jpg

Side hatch replaced bacta tank.

69eedd37.jpg

Inside the side hatch

39c16dbc.jpg

View from different angle.

4d65254d.jpg

Open !

3f06facf.jpg

Side hatches forming the trapezoid shape.

672e05e5.jpg

Troop bay is same as others, removing the middle module for more floor area.

69a9aaa0.jpg

Rear Ramp, the last part to be completed.

Used the triangle plates from the first AT-TE.

Don't have anymore white tiles to cover up the red.

311ddb46.jpg

Open the ramp, good for deploying rocket troopers while in atmospheric flight.

ad4350d3.jpg

The Tunnel that runs through the front part of the cabin, connecting the main troop bay to the docking hatch.

Some long beams on the floor are needed to be removed to let the minifigs "walk" instead of "crawl".

2e062611.jpg

Studless cargo area behind cockpit with vent to supply air during space flight with live cargo.

d50a02ae.jpg

Holding some weapon and supplies in the event of crash landing in hostile environment.

8cc284f9.jpg

Rear cargo area usually holding 2 probe droids.

2e85ce02.jpg

The crew awaiting the birth of their 2 pilots.

1c929205.jpg

Finish :classic:

A nice array of modifications you have applied here. I think I might just need to 'nick' a few if that's OK. I especially like the bacta tank replacement. Good work :thumbup: .

I like the mods you did, makes the vehicle more versatile.

In the dropship the cockpit is done better than with the gunship, but I like your version as well.

You could also mod the bacta tank ends into gunturrets resembling the original gunship.

Anyways great job :thumbup:

Awesome mods!

If I had the Republic Gunship and the pieces to mod it, I would defenitely do all of those mods. :classic:

It looks great. :thumbup:

Great ideas, the only one I had a problem was the rear hatch- I couldn't fold it down all the way. Great work!

I have that problem too.

If the red triangle plate was 1 stud up, it would block the cabin door from opening bigger.

If its at current configuration, it would only open to horizontal, can't touch the ground.

The Green Dewback, I put the bigger wings where you put the long studs and then put them closer so I could open/close the door, then attached smaller wings that are found in the Republic Attack Shuttle. Hope this helps if you understand what I'm saying :wink: .

This

2413.gif

or this ?

30356.gif

I have 2 of the bigger ones in white, they look nice but a little too wide, the cabin doors can't even open.

*edit*

As I didn't understand what you said, I went to take a look at RAS inventory.

I think you meant this piece ? in light blueish grey ?

50305.jpg

My extra parts are still quite limited so I don't have this piece, but its okay as I don't use the rear ramp much.

Thanks for the idea. :classic:

Edited by green dewback

As I didn't understand what you said, I went to take a look at RAS inventory.

I think you meant this piece ? in light blueish grey ?

50305.jpg

My extra parts are still quite limited so I don't have this piece, but its okay as I don't use the rear ramp much.

Thanks for the idea. :classic:

That exactly what I was talking about. The wing that is the first wing in your post (the one for a thunderbolt plane) should be moved so it is on the outside of the wing hinge. The wings you have on now have to be moved closer together and then up so it doesn't need the 8 x 1 long brick and then add on the bricks in the pic above in the quote. That should work.

The other problem with the gunship (I'm trying to squeeze every bit of space to be of use) is the space between the wings. If anyone can find a practical solution share it maybe here, if the Green Dewback lets you. (this could be a Republic Attack Gunship modding space)

Here is my mod:

2009_04200001.jpg

Edited by CloneCommanderDelta7

Or should anyone want the stickersheet from the 10195, then follow this link and you'll get to a pretty good scan :wink:

or this for a bmp file instead of a jpg.

wow! thats the best mod of this ship. i like the tidiness of the side hatch :thumbup:

Very nice modded Republic Gunship. I like how you made the inside bigger so you can fit more clone troopers in.

LegoKing

I don't know whether to get rid of the speeder compartment or not? And whether to change the bacta tank compartment or not? (It's a great mod!)

Has anyone gone to extremes to mod the gunship? e.g. ripping out the bacta tank compartment and extending the troop bay.

Very sweet thread, you take great pictures too, very nicve and close up.