Sign in to follow this  
BlueBard

Harbor MOC

indexed.gif

Well, after some weeks of work here it is my Harbor MOC! Thanks to everyone in this forum who has helped me ;-)

This is my first large MOC so please be nice with the comments... X-D

ENJOY:

birds_eye.jpg

ambassador.jpg

be_careful.jpg

imperial_quarter.jpg

main_street.jpg

More pics in Brickshelf.com, clicking here.

Oh, and by the way, do you remember my "three dead pals"? Try to find them in the harbor! *skull*

Please, comment! >:-)

I found em all, he he sneeky, made me look at all the pictures didn't ya...

GREAT WORK! to see it through development into this great MOC! well done hold your head high your first big MOC is also you first big MOC success

My Favs are the guy about to be robbed, nice camera angle ;-)

The guy chopping down the treasure, although when he does cut it hes going to have a head ache :'-(

And obviously the poor trapped general banging on the floor for his dear life X-D X-D *wub* X-D X-D

Oh yeah!

Some more frontpage MOC material! I'll be sure to examine this one more thoroughly after 40 winks.

This is absolutely stunning.

How long did it take to complete this Harbor city?

It looks great. And all those details make it even better.

Especially I'm thinking of the accordion (never seen that before in Lego) and the guy who's pissing :-D

Very nice indeed!

I like that there are several building all with their own color scheme and purpose, and yet they all still fit together nicely.

I have never had a MOC make front page news, so if Phes adds yours, you should consider it quite an honor!

I see that the buildings are all labeled in the title of each picture, but perhaps you would like to tell us a little about the function of each building, your reasons for adding each one and what you like about each one so we can all enjoy your MOC a little more!! A little "walking tour" of the harbor for our enjoyment!

I hope you keep up the great MOCs!

I have never had a MOC make front page news, so if Phes adds yours, you should consider it quite an honor!

As you are the pirate MOC expert, all your MOC would fit well on the headlines of Classic-pirates.com.

It's never too late. Wouldn't you agree Mr. Phes?

I see that the buildings are all labeled in the title of each picture, but perhaps you would like to tell us a little about the function of each building, your reasons for adding each one and what you like about each one so we can all enjoy your MOC a little more!! A little "walking tour" of the harbor for our enjoyment!

That's a good idea. I would also like a tour in this fine harbor.

Incredible! I must admit, early on I had my doubts, but you clearly had the vision to pull it all together in the end. *y*

I love the fact that you managed it in very non-traditional pirate theme colours, yet it works well. I also love the huge variety of minifigs used in the project and the way that they are used to depict scenes of daily life. Wouldn't it be tacky for me to mention that some of those decals are mine? Yes it would. That said, I absolutely love seeing them used, it makes me very happy! *sweet*

Thank you for creating and presenting this incredible project, and I must continue the theme here and request a tour of your work, there are a lot of fine details that need further exploration.

Wow! X-O I need to go big now! X-D

I can't find those skeletons! :'-( Guess I need to do more Where's Wally? *sing*

However, I don't think the roof of the red and yellow building (and some others) looks too great with a variety of techniques; I would go for an all-plate roof instead, lying on top of the slopes, which fill in the gap. I also see you borrowed MicahBerger's goat X-D

pano01.jpg

How long will you keep this? Will it be expanded?

Some more frontpage MOC material!

Only there isn't a frontpage... ;-)

Thumbnails with a description would do well! Alternately, in the BS folder you could add a number before each of the picture names, so they will go in order as you would view them, not alphabetical ;-)

Wouldn't it be tacky for me to mention that some of those decals are mine? Yes it would. That said, I absolutely love seeing them used, it makes me very happy! *sweet*

I actually didn't notice that any were decals until I went looking for them! :-D I guess you've got a steady hand! *y*

Edited by SlyOwl

Hey! Thanks to everybody for your comments! *sweet* I didn't thought you would be so fast!

I agree, I'm going to add some more pics and, as many of you have said, make a quick tour on the buildings and scenes (which are a lot of them inspired in other MOCs... :-P)

By the way mr.SlyOwl I agree with you too when you say the roofs are not very great but I was really out of bricks so I improvised what I could... X-D but I don't think that find the three skeletons would be so hard 8-| Try to look closely *skull* Oh, and I hope your comment about spaniards and goats would not be offensive... |-/ LOL

This MOC won't be expanded but it will have a second part: "The Pirate's attack" If you look well, excepting two mini-figures (my avatar, for example :-) ) you don't see any pirate in the harbor, and you see an admiral looking for something in the horizon...

Thanks for viewing! >:-)

A very fine harbor scenery indeed, with interesting and varied buildings like that neat tavern and that distinct fort with its

charming lighthouse and really great and well placed MF characters. An original and striking creation! *sweet*

Impressive! *wub*

It has a really nice feel to it, well done *y*. I can only find 2 dead guys though 8-|

I am actually working on my own port at the moment, but it won't be nearly so big (in fact it only has 3 buildings X-D )

Anyway, great MOC! keep it up

-Benk

By the way mr.SlyOwl I agree with you too when you say the roofs are not very great but I was really out of bricks so I improvised what I could...

If you every want to try to upgrade the roofs, I like the "magnetic roof" build. it is easy, everything stays at a slope, and you can remove them to stay inside..

Click me to see a magnetic roof.

Here is the link to the whole "level" folder with the various roofs.

Link

If you every want to try to upgrade the roofs, I like the "magnetic roof" build. it is easy, everything stays at a slope, and you can remove them to stay inside..

Click me to see a magnetic roof.

Here is the link to the whole "level" folder with the various roofs.

Link

Not bad idea at all! *sweet*

I think I'll try it in next MOCs because we all know that there are allways problems to remove levels or roofs in LEGO buildings

THANKS FOR EVERYBODY'S COMMENTS! :pir_blush:

Well, people, more or less here it is my Harbour MOC mini-tour :-)

Let's begin with a main view of the Harbour:

birds_eye.jpg

You can see at the left side the commercial buildings with a little beach near the harbour and a spanish ship, "El Almogavar" being loaded (I'll post some pics of it in another MOC I'm preparing). In the centre you have the harbour’s tavern and the main street to the town. At the right side you can see military buildings like the cannon battery and the imperial quarter and in the bottom some civilian houses.

Now let's see building by building:

white_store.jpg

Here we have a white store, used by the spanish crew, that's why I tried to do it in a mediterranean style and using those colours.

dutch_store.jpg

After that you can see another store in some kind of dutch style (notice the dragon’s emblem), owned by some merchants from the netherlands. You can see for example one of them walking beneath the white store's balcony and other doing business with a Spaniard in front of their store.

pano01.jpg

In the back, in the alleyway you see a white building (Sorry, no better pics for the moment). It was an ancient store, but it was turned into a home for a retired merchant.

old_merchant.jpg

Do you remember him? No? It’s our old fellow, the merchant from the “Imperial outpost” (I tried to make him older with that eye-patch head and the pipe)

general_store.jpg

Here you have the General Store, where you can buy anything the merchant ships bring to the harbour! You have for example some fruits exposed near of the door and a red flag on the top like some kind of advertisement. You have stairs in the right side to go up to the top level, where a young imperial officer lives.

the_red_siren.jpg

And here it is! “The Red Siren”, the best tavern in the harbour! Two levels for drink, eat or gambling! We have the sweetest waitress in town so come in! I did it in that lovely sailor-fashion style, thinking on the old pirates’ novels and films.

main_street.jpg

Let’s take a look on the main street. We find some of the usual local characters.

swordman_2.jpg

A fierce swordsman, probably going to the tavern. I was inspired by “Alatriste” an spanish film with Viggo Mortensen in which he plays this amazing character from Arturo Perez-Reverte’s novels.

lawyer.jpg

A black dressed and severe lawyer. I hate lawyers! I tried to make him look to POTC’s Lord Becket…

lady_and_slave.jpg

A rich lady walking with her islander slave, dressed now like a London’s little lady and bringing her mistress’ umbrella.

music.jpg

And in the back we have two musicians and a little girl who loves their music bringing some coins to their plate.

imperial_quarter.jpg

Here we have the imperial quarter. It’s not the headquarter in the town, of course but the admiral in charge of the harbour supervises the activities in the docks from this little “Victorian” building.

little_street.jpg

Then we find another alleyway, where an imperial soldier says hello to his beloved wife!

tailor.jpg

We find in the corner a tailor’s house, with the tailor sweeping his business entrance.

cannon_battery.jpg

looking_for_pirates2.jpg

And finally we find the cannon battery, with three powerful cannons in the first level and two light-cannons on the top, ready to defend the harbour from the pirates. Notice the admiral looking for some danger for his harbour on the horizon. Who knows? It’s said that pirates have been sawn in this shores…

I'll try to do another tour for the interior and exterior scenes this week ;-)

Please, comment!

Thanks! :-)

Fantastic work Bleubard :thumbup::thumbup:

I love how you made all those colors work together and all the little scenes on the docks, absolutely inspiring! :pir-wub:

Now watch out for them :pir_yoda: !

Thanks, Captain Green Hair! :pir-blush:

This week-end I'm going to work for the "Pirate's Life" Contest but I'll take some new photos of this MOC too. If someone wants to look better at some special detail or scene please tell me before saturday and I'll post the pics.

Thanks for viewing! :pir-classic:

Great work BlueBard! *Y*

I enjoyed indexing this MOC very much. :pir-wub:

There are A LOT of great little details all over this harbor!

My favorite is the retired merchant!

That's awesome that each M-F has his own little story.

P

Wow, what an honour! Really! :pir-sweet: Thanks, mr Phred! :pir-wink:

In fact I did this MOC just because this amazing Lego Pirate's Forum existed. I had left the Legos since a long time ago but having discovered eurobricks and classic-pirates.com I just said to me: you MUST return! So I did, and I'm really pleased so many people enjoyed this Harbor MOC.

I hope you'll enjoy too my next creations! :pir-grin:

Thanks to everybody! :pir_yoda:

Actually I was hoping that the TLC was going to release such a wonderful harbour. But why waiting for the TLC when you can do it yourself?! Absolutely splendid MOC! Love looking at those pics! :pir-wub: Quite many and nicely detailed buildings! Congrats! You did a great job indeed!

Absolutely splendid MOC! Love looking at those pics! :pir-wub: Quite many and nicely detailed buildings! Congrats! You did a great job indeed!

Thanks! :pir-blush:

Wow, thank you very much for posting my Harbour MOC in the main page! I'm the first suprised! :pir-sweet:

BTW, that edited image you did looks really good! :pir-wink: