Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Mystery Ship: Part 10

Part Ten: The Discovery

The Skipper, Diver Dan, Gene, and Bennie have been locked up in a makeshift brig within the galley. The Sea Ghost's engine has been repaired as the ship nears its starting point, the small port Heceta in Washington state. The Minnow follows behind slowly, driven by Scotty.

The ship has arrived during the break of dawn. The harbor master sees the ship from Point Heceta lookout and quickly makes his way down to the ship yard.

A man in a rather nice suit stands waiting as the Captain and the rest of the crew climb off the ship. "Mr. Mcleod, I am assuming that since you have returned to port within five days, I need to know if anything unfortunate has happened to the cargo", the Harbor Master asks inquisitively.

A man in a rather nice suit stands waiting as the Captain and the rest of the crew climb off the ship. "Mr. Mcleod, I am assuming that since you have returned to port within five days, I need to know if anything unfortunate has happened to the cargo", the Harbor Master asks inquisitively.

Can I shoot him? *sweet*

I love this boat! It handles so well... and the Radar. *wub* I bet if I turn it on now I will blow up every TV in Heceta... and look here; "Emergercy Power". Happy days! :-D

HELP! ANYBODY! We're innocent! Me and Dan! And we've got two loonies in here! HELP!

Harbor Master:

Captain, I must know. Has anyone tried opening Container #6?

AvtBennie2.jpg

Fish! The smell of fish! SLOSH... I can't get the smell of fish off my hands. NO! Stop. SLOSH... It's ringing. Let me go! Shhhhhhhlllllooooosssssshhhhhhh, I'm here Bennie. I'm in your cell.... Sloshing around. Smell the fish Bennie!

GET THE HECK AWAY FROM ME! HELP!

Dan's knife....

*slash at legs*

BACK AWAY!

Harbor Master:

Captain, I must know. Has anyone tried opening Container #6?

AvtBennie2.jpg

Fish! The smell of fish! SLOSH... I can't get the smell of fish off my hands. NO! Stop. SLOSH... It's ringing. Let me go! Shhhhhhhlllllooooosssssshhhhhhh, I'm here Bennie. I'm in your cell.... Sloshing around. Smell the fish Bennie!

I think I did. I don't remember what with the murder and the monster and such...We foudn these two papers, which one is yours? *sweet*

Oh, that would be the one.

grabs the piece of paper with the the numbers 441 on it

This is the code; but then again, it was with you the whole time...

Points over to the Minnow

Captain, we haven't done anything to you! Please let us out! And what's happening to my boat?

Oh, that would be the one.

grabs the piece of paper with the the numbers 441 on it

This is the code; but then again, it was with you the whole time...

Points over to the Minnow

What the hell are you talking about? I haven't slept for a month. Don't make me think. Just tell me, okay? Okay? Please?!

What the hell are you talking about? I haven't slept for a month. Don't make me think. Just tell me, okay? Okay? Please?!

The Minnow... The Ship Number... 6441. ;-)

Why don't we try it, shall we Captain. Why don't we also let your guests out of the galley to allow them a chance to see what they have been fighting over. Shall we?

The Minnow... The Ship Number... 6441. ;-)

Why don't we try it, shall we Captain. Why don't we also let your guests out of the galley to allow them a chance to see what they have been fighting over. Shall we?

Yes.

*punches in 6441*

Thank you, thank you! I was meaning to throw away the paper, so you wouldn't know it was my boat, but I guess I dropped it.

Now, what's this cargo, that I've ruined my buisness trying to get.

The Captain punches 6 4 4 1.

The yellow steel enforced cargo container door marked "Research & Development" begins to slide open.

Inside, the container is............

Is..........................................

EMPTY! X-O

Are you going to arrest me and Dan?

As it seems the Cargo Container is empty, I'm freaking out.

Are you going to arrest me and Dan?

As it seems the Cargo Container is empty, I'm freaking out.

Shut up.

*fires a warning shot*

What's the deal here. What's supposed to be in that container. One of my crew members died because of this ridculous cargo. Now tell me, what was in there? |-/

But it was always empty my dear Captain and other crewmen. I would suggest that you try the grey crate covered with the tarp, container #5.

Shall we Captain?

But it was always empty my dear Captain and other crewmen. I would suggest that you try the grey crate covered with the tarp, container #5.

Shall we Captain?

OKaty, so this was a decoy. Very clever. Yes, let's check under the tarp...

The Harbor Master slowly walks away laughing as the Captain grabs the tarp to Container #5. Scotty and the Skipper help him pull it off discovering....

Discovering...

A singular object that was merely a gigantic piece of stone. The object was a well-shaped monolith that did not look like something created by man, nor something created by nature. On the object was inscriptions and crude sculptures, hieroglyphics unknown to men. They were in the shape of aquotic symbols including fishes, eels, octopi, crustaceans, molluscs, and whales.

Also on the monolith, was a bas-relief that depicted what appeared to be men, at least a certain sort of men. Their faces and forms were human, but they had webbed hands and feet, wide and flabby lips, bulging eyes, and other grotesque features.

And the container smelled with the horrible scent of dead and rotten fish. Seaweed clung to the monolith and a puddle of salty sea water filled the bottom.

The Harbor Master slowly walks away laughing as the Captain grabs the tarp to Container #5. Scotty and the Skipper help him pull it off discovering....

Discovering...

A singular object that was merely a gigantic piece of stone. The object was a well-shaped monolith that did not look like something created by man, nor something created by nature. On the object was inscriptions and crude sculptures, hieroglyphics unknown to men. They were in the shape of aquotic symbols including fishes, eels, octopi, crustaceans, molluscs, and whales.

Also on the monolith, was a bas-relief that depicted what appeared to be men, at least a certain sort of men. Their faces and forms were human, but they had webbed hands and feet, wide and flabby lips, bulging eyes, and other grotesque features.

This is from At the Mountains of Madness, or whatever that Lovecraft one is where they go to Antartica and the Shoggoths and the blah blah blah...