Hello everyone. I am pleased to announce the beginning of EB's newest and hottest murder mystery, the mystery of Dragon's Retreat. Unlike the mafia games that have been running recently, this game requires skill, control, detective work, and a good sense of humour if you are to win. Participation is by invite only, however feel free to watch the clever antics of our EB detectives and see what interesting adventures they have. This thread is also open for general discussion, so if you want to make a comment, feel free to put it here. This thread has two rules however, which will be strictly enforced.
1. Do not post anything that could help or otherwise effect the judgement of those participating. Basically, this means do not discuss game content in this thread (or anywhere else for that matter).
2. Do not try to badger your way into the game! Sign-up is closed, and I will not be accepting any late entries, no matter how much I like you.
Thanks for looking, and feel free to comment on anything other than direct game content. Your cooperation is appreciated. If this game goes well, then I may consider running another one sometime in the future which is open to more people. We'll have to see how it goes. This thread will also act as the index, so if you are looking for the threads then you can always refer to this one.
The following are the rules of the game.
It is December the 1st, 2008. Dragon's Retreat, an old manor house dating from the time of the ancient Dragon Master's Kingdom, has been for decades the source of rumour and speculation for the people of Dratos. What treasures, what mysteries, does the old house hide? And what has happened to Lord Chester, the most recent owner of the large estate?
You have been selected as a member of a team of investigators who are to discover what has happened at the manor. One of you is hiding a dark and deadly past however, and would kill to keep it secret. You have been asked to enter the manor and collect clues to solve the mystery. Be wary however, as you do not know what you face.
Lord Chester is presumed dead, it is your job to uncover the circumstances of his death. You need to find the following:
WHO committed the crime?
WHERE was the crime committed (which room)?
WHAT was the murder weapon?
WHY was he killed (motive)?
Good luck, for you will need it to survive this mystery...
1. There are to be 11 participants. If you commit to the game you are committing to contributing to the story and sticking with it to the end. I am trusting you all not to drop out halfway through, as that is never any fun.
2. The winner will be the first person to answer all four questions correctly.
3. All attempts at solving the murder are to be sent to me by PM only. Do not post your answers in the game thread.
4. You may attempt to solve the murder at any time, however if you are wrong you may not make another attempt for a further 48 hours (excluding time between chapters). If you make three incorrect guesses you will die in some unfortunate way, so be certain before you try.
5. You must search for clues. This means that an action must be specified. For example, you wish to search a room for hidden objects. The following is an example of how not to go about this:
"I wish to look for suspicious or hidden objects in this room".
Instead, you must be able to specify what you want to do. For example:
"I would like to open the drawers of the cabinet."
It is not required for you to specify exactly what you are doing and what you are looking for, but a generalised statement will not find you anything. Act like a detective and you will be fine.
6. This game is meant to be fun, so enjoy yourselves!
7. Please be patient with me between chapters, I will be away a few times, so there will be a few small breaks of up to a week at most. I will make sure that my absence affects the game as little as possible.
8. Please try to avoid editing your posts, as it can lead to suspicion against you. Just consider what you want to say before you say it, and you'll be fine.
9. Remember that any one of you could be the murderer, even yourself. Be wary of everyone, and trust your instincts.
10. Failure to follow these rules will result in a warning. A second failure will result in the humorous death of your character.
1. ImperialShadows - Peter Crawford; Lawyer
2. Sandy - Susan Greenwood; Receptionist
3. WhiteFang - Dr. Phillip Marshall; General Practitioner
4. Hinckley - Max Sinclair; Actor
5. Sir Dillon - Michael Dunne; CEO of Brick Plates
6. jipay - Bernard Knightly; President of the DHPT
7. ImperialScouts - Lieutenant John Spencer; soldier
8. Sir Nadroj - Dermot Stephens; University Student
9. Mr. Mandalorian - Dr. Gregory Grimsworth; University Professor
10. TheBrickster - Anthony Blackwater; Private Detective
11. Erdbeereis1 - Chef Frederick Valentine; Chef
Chapter 1 - The mystery begins
Chapter 2 - Mystery Cuisine
Chapter 3 - Knowledgeable Reading
Chapter 4 - The search continues...
Chapter 5 - The body of Lord Chester
Chapter 6 - Sleep at last? Only for the dead...
Chapter 7 - The plot thickens...
Chapter 8 - The Dragons Lair...
The Conclusion - All is revealed...