Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#125: The Dollhouse

heroicaquest125.jpg

The three heroes hand-picked by Lilly Ziegfried had been instructed to arrive to the Ziegfried Manor after nightfall. Apparently the ghastly voices that the girl had been hearing from the Dollhouse could only be heard during the night. When they arrived to their destination, the lights were still on inside the manor. Lilly had been specific about not causing an alarm within her family.

heroicaquest125-ziegfriedmanor.jpg

How would the party approach the manor?

Party:

8664722617_bb6be3521f_t.jpgAlthior Emorith, The Dragonslayer (K-Nut) *Party Leader*

35 years old male human Necromancer

Level 44 *Gain Triple Experience* *Absorbs Earth* *Immune to Petrified, Fragile, and Darkness*

Power: 65 (44+21) (Spellpower: 70 (44+21+5))

Defense: 10 (2+5+3)

Health: 55/55 (5+44+5+1)

Ether: 60/60 (5+44+5+4+2)

Gold: 980 (owed 65g by Warlen Meliname)

Equipment: Scepter of Divine Affinity (WP:21, Has ⅙ chance to deal Cursed effect on successful spells and ⅙ chance to deal Blessed effect on successful healing, Staff), Spellbound Gloves (+5 spellpower; handwear), Ethereal Cloak (SP:2, Max Ether +4; backwear), Medal of Glory (Wearer earns triple experience; accessory), Robe of the Seneschal (SP:5; wearer absorbs earth-elemental damage and is immune to petrified and darkness elemental damage; suitable to clerics, mages, chi monks, necromancers and scholars; bodywear), Lieutenant's Helm (SP:3, protects from fragile; headwear)

Inventory:

Artifacts: Robes of Illumination (SP: 5, +10 Max Ether, wearer is permanently transcended, suitable to prophets; bodywear)

Spell Items: Diamond (Light), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind), Garnet (Earth), 2 Opals (Ice), Aquamarine (Water), Emerald (Wood)

Consumables: 3 Potions, 7 Tonics, 3 Grand Tonics, 3 Ether Cores, 8 Remedies, 2 Elixirs, Phoenix Incense, 7 Meads, 6 Nostrums, Garnet Lamp of Summoning, Skeleton Decoy, Feather of Lithe (Makes the user nimble for three rounds, giving them a 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits.), Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used.), Skadi Bomb (Causes 100 Ice Elemental Damage to all opponents when used)

Tools etc.: Bedroll, Pickaxe, 2 Bones, Unicorn Horn (Worth 250 Gold at Magic Shops)

IMG_2946-1_zps80faf5a9.jpgAlexis Fenral, Orc-kin (Masked Builder)

24 year old female elven Assassin

Level 47 *Immune to Darkness, Water, Bound, Slowed* *Gains Triple Experience*

Power: 79 (47+20+12)

Defense: 1

Health: 58/58 (6+46+5+1)

Gold: 1359

Equipment: Steel Fan (WP:20, ice-, lightning-, and darkness-elemental, dagger), Counterstrike Gloves, Medal of Glory (Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles; accessory), Winged Sandals (footwear; protects from bound and slowed effects), Aventine's Cape (SP:1, immunity to darkness and water),

Inventory:

Weapons: Cat-o'-Nine-Tails (WP: 20, damage divided between all enemies, whip), Death's Whip (WP:11, on successful hits there is a 1/6 chance to cause double damage), Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Staff of Ennon (WP: 5, light-elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4; staff), Fang Dagger (WP: 4), Town Watch Halberd (WP: 6),

Artifacts: Quickdraw Quiver (permanent hastened-effect, suitable to Rangers), Electro Gear (Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory), Smelly Hide (Suitable for barbarians and beast warriors, half damage from beasts and humanoids on Damage, bodywear), Lieutenant's Helmet (SP:3, protects from fragile), Ring of Sight (protects from blinded), Regret's Cape (Backwear, grants immunity to first negative effect afflicted each battle),

Spell Items: Aquamarine (Water), Diamond (Light), Sapphire (Wind), Topaz (lightning)

Consumables: 6 Potions, 8 Grand Potions, Health Core, 9 Remedies, 9x Meads, Smelling Salts, Nostrum, 2 Somas, Mulled Wine, 5 Venoms, 3 Deadly Venom, Crimson Venom (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects for the duration of one battle), Red Death Blood (If applied to a weapon the Doomed effect is dealt on first blow), 2 Lightning Bombs, 7 Water Bombs, 3 Dirt Bombs, Skeleton Decoy, 8 Bones, 2 Grating Stones, Zoot's Cookie

Tools etc.: Bedroll, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Shovel, Venom, Bedroll, Fifty Shades of Bley (Grants access to the Harlot expert job class), Silver Ore (worth 60 gold)

16306387965_97c0811ab4_t.jpgArthur Justus Regulus VII, a Hero Who Is Actually Worth Something (Flipz)

22 year old male human Weather Mage

Level 34 2/4 *Immune to Blinded and Confused* *Ignores Free Hits from Beasts*

Power: 46 (34+12)

Defense: 15 (14+1)

Health: 48/48 (5+33+4+6)

Ether: 46/46 (5+33+6+2)

Gold: 504 (Owed 128 gold by Boomingham)

Equipment: Zoot's Rebel (WP:20 "broomstick", suitable to Arthur only), Lens of Speed Reading (Allows a scroll to be read in addition to a normal action; accessory), Pointy Hat (+2 Max Ether), Shadeaux Cape (SP:7, Immune to Blind andConfused, suitable to those with reputation among the Shadeaux only; if reputation is great, SP is doubled; if reputation is outstanding, SP is tripled; backwear), Fur Leggings (SP: 1, Beast enemies do not deal free hits to the wearer; footwear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory:

Weapons: Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, staff, 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd), Staff of Ennon - (WP: 5, Light-Elemental, staff, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4), Healing Staff A (WP: 5, staff, heals instead of damaging), Healing Staff B (WP: 5, staff, heals instead of damaging), Unlucky Horseshoe (WP:13, retrievable throwing weapon, causes Jinxed-effect) (Lent to Docken), Sword of the Vampir (WP:17, user is Jinxed), Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Longsword), Clockwork Lance (WP:12, has 1/3 chance to cause slowed-effect on the target; lance), Gladiator Trident (WP: 11, Spear, causes bleeding-by-5 effect), Stag Antlers (WP:10, grants Intimidation; halberd), Metasimian Dory (WP:10, pierces defense; spear), Spider Leg (WP:10, doubled against flying enemies; spear), Dauntlet Index (WP: 10, doubled against humanoids; spear), Duplovian Swift Halberd (WP:3, halberd, stuns on successful hits, Hollow [nothing]), Arm Shield (SP:14, shield), Crescent Shield (SP: 5, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield) (Lent to Purpearl), Blue Hand Shield (SP:5, grants immunity to five effects of the user’s choice; these immunities cannot be changed once selected Immune to Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, and Stunned; shield) (Lent to Purpearl), )

Artifacts: White Ninja Cowl (The wearer can choose to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits; the effect ends if the user targets an enemy; suitable to rogues, beast warriors, chi monks and infiltrators; headwear), Noble Mask (Wearer gains gold equal to the number of enemies after each victorious battle; headwear, suitable for anyone), Unicorn Helmet (SP:1; the wearer can only receive one negative effect at a time, with a new effect replacing the old one; headwear, usable by barbarians, knights, dragoons, infiltrators, regulators, skirmishers, and winged warriors), Duplovian Helmet of the Guard (SP:2, Immune to Magic and Healing; headwear, suitable for anyone), Sylvania's Cowl (Permits Animal Talk, Headwear), Duke's Coat-of-Arms (SP: 5, Protects against Fragile and all Poisons; bodywear, suitable for knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators), Cloak of Deception (Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent; Backwear, suitable for anyone), Stingy Gloves (Prevents enemies from ever stealing gold from you; handwear, wearable by everybody), Overkill Gloves (Gives the wearer 1 gold for every point of damage they do extra when they defeat an enemy (example: Enemy has 50 HP left, you do 75 damage, you earn 25 gold); handwear, suitable for anyone), Winged Sandals (Protects from bound- and slowed-effects; footwear), Shackles of War (Prevents anyone from fleeing battles; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Zap-Tap Badge (Has a 1/2 chance to deal Electric damage to an opponent who has dealt damage to a hero, equal to the hero's level; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Macabre Collar (Provides immunity to Insta-Kill and Doomed; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Scarf of Misfortune (Wearer deals the Jinxed effect on every third round; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (changes the wearer into an elf of the same gender when worn; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Sandman’s Parasol (Protects from asleep- and fast asleep –effects; accessory), Enchanted Bracelet (Protects from sealed-effect; accessory)

Spell Items: Amethyst(Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Opal (Ice), Diamond (Light), Garnet (Earth), Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing (Lent to De'kra), Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Armor Sundering (Reduces target’s SP by 5 and has a 50/50 chance of success), Scroll of Poisoning (Grants target’s weapon the Poisoned 10 effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether), Scroll of Luck (Grants target the Lucky-effect for one battle. Costs 10 ether.) (lent to Hybros), Scroll of Weakening

Consumables: Potion, 8x Grand Potion, Tonic, Grand Tonic, Ether Core, 10x Remedy, 3x Elixir, 3x Phoenix Essence, Fenghuang Incense, Hurricane, 5x Mead, 3x Smelling Salts, 2x Neutralizer, Exterlate, Noxious Venom (When used on a weapon, the weapon deals the Poisoned-by-10 effect for the duration of the battle and the Confused effect for the next three rounds, for the duration of one battle.), Crumbling Venom (-3 HP/-1 SP per round), Blind Fury, Love Potion, Blind Bomb, Seal Bomb, 3x Stun Bomb, 5x Smoke Bomb, 3x Bones, Grating Stone, Ella's Pie (Permanently boosts max. ether by 5 but permanently decreases max. health by 5 when consumed.)

Tools etc: Bedroll, Telescope, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Magic Compass, Begone with the Winds (Grants the holder access to the Weather Mage expert job class upon reaching Level 30), 2x Silver Ore

QM Note: Welcome to the quest! Just looking at your inventories, I know this quest will be a true test to my ability to balance enemies, but I'll try my best!

Althior looks up to the impressive manor. He'd been here recently; far too recently, in fact. He'd been tasked with guarding the boy, Blutos, who had apparently brought strange things to the house, assuming the child was to be believed. He turned to his companions, neither of which he was enthused to be accompanying on this trip. Who was to be preferred, his love who screwed his friend or his friend who screwed his love? "Schuester is usually at the door here. Things must be odd indeed..." he says to nobody in particular "If the house is still the same as I remember, the nursery is towards the back of the house. I've never been in the manor uninvited, so getting in discreetly may be an issue, especially since I don't recall any other entrances on this level. I don't think we'll be accepted in if we go to the main door either. Any ideas?"

OOC: Hey, I tried to help by decreasing my SP and immunities by wearing this pointy hat for roleplay purposes! :laugh: I also see someone managed to get their hands on a certain hard-to-find set... :poke:

"Well, if worst comes to worst, I could probably talk our way in, but that's obviously a last resort. Hmm...perhaps we ought to ask the snowman for some advice?" V...Mom didn't exactly explain how to break into the mansion...this is going to make for one big awkward Grogmas dinner, isn't it?

Miirym makes an odd noise that is most certainly a snicker, and Arthur feels compelled to respond. "Hey, you'll be there too, you know."

<I look forward to it,> the dragon replies mentally.

"Say, Lex--Alexis, mind if I borrow your spare Aquamarine and Sapphire for this mission? We could probably clear this fence quietly with a few gusts of Wind--some to get us up, some to let us down quietly and gently."

If Alexis agrees to lend him the gems, Arthur spends 1 Ether to blow himself over the fence with Wind and another to let himself down on the other side, before doing the same for Alexis and Althior.

Arthur shrugs, awkwardly apologetic. "You thought I'd be less socially awkward after two years?" He pauses. "You're right, though, that was rude of me. How have you been the past--erm--couple days, I guess? Anyway, how have you been, Althior, Alexis?"

Miirym snorts again before taking wing, circling the trio a few times before perching delicately on the snowman's head, beadily observing the party's interactions.

"Back to your mage roots now Regulus? Not obsessed with scrolls instead of gems again, are you?" He chuckles.

"Well, if worst comes to worst, I could probably talk our way in, but that's obviously a last resort. Hmm...perhaps we ought to ask the snowman for some advice?" V...Mom didn't exactly explain how to break into the mansion...this is going to make for one big awkward Grogmas dinner, isn't it?

"You're honestly suggesting that we ask an inanimate snowman for help?" He turns to the Assassin. "Whatever did you see in this oaf?" He looks back to Arthur "I've done my fair share of blowing myself over obstacles, Maybe you could send your dragon friend to look for a way in? I'd send him to do it, but he'd just halfass his duties as usual," He gestures to Finnegan's faint glow behind the trio.

"Breaking into the home of the most powerful Wizards in the free islands doesn't really go well on a resumé, I apologize," He scoffs.

"My apologies, then. I'd tell you to grow some backbone, but clearly you can't," He looks back to his companions. "I've been fine. Nothing out of the ordinary..." That was a lie. With the Oculoids still on his mind, the brewing Necropolis at the cemetery, the events in Babeleth, and the child-monster who'd been terrorizing the streets, his life had been anything but ordinary. He shook off his doubt. "What about you, kid? Last I saw you you'd been dealing with some overly-talkative wolf thief. You haven't been hanging around in the hall since then, have you?"

Before I forget, stats look good. However, I bought off the Lieutenant's Helm from Alexis a while ago in the hall, so she shouldn't have it in her inventory.

"Back to your mage roots now Regulus? Not obsessed with scrolls instead of gems again, are you?" He chuckles.

"You're honestly suggesting that we ask an inanimate snowman for help?" He turns to the Assassin. "Whatever did you see in this oaf?" He looks back to Arthur "I've done my fair share of blowing myself over obstacles, Maybe you could send your dragon friend to look for a way in? I'd send him to do it, but he'd just halfass his duties as usual," He gestures to Finnegan's faint glow behind the trio.

"Breaking into the home of the most powerful Wizards in the free islands doesn't really go well on a resumé, I apologize," He scoffs.

"My apologies, then. I'd tell you to grow some backbone, but clearly you can't," He looks back to his companions. "I've been fine. Nothing out of the ordinary..." That was a lie. With the Oculoids still on his mind, the brewing Necropolis at the cemetery, the events in Babeleth, and the child-monster who'd been terrorizing the streets, his life had been anything but ordinary. He shook off his doubt. "What about you, kid? Last I saw you you'd been dealing with some overly-talkative wolf thief. You haven't been hanging around in the hall since then, have you?"

Before I forget, stats look good. However, I bought off the Lieutenant's Helm from Alexis a while ago in the hall, so she shouldn't have it in her inventory.

"Not so much Scrolls anymore, no," he says, hefting his newest book. "Just decided to do some light reading. Was considering weather or not I could trust Miirym in battle, and realized the answer was no." Though that pains me more than I'd like to admit... The Weather Mage covers up his unease by grinning at his stupid pun. "I don't think she's going to help us out very much, but who knows. Maybe she'll listen to you instead, if you ask her nicely." As if you ever had manners, Arthur ruminates to himself.

<And you are one to talk?> Miirym sniffs, then flies to the window at the top of the vines, gently tapping it with her snout to see if it is unlocked.

Arthur shakes his head in confusion. Where did this come from? he wonders for what felt like the hundredth time.

"I've kept myself busy. Bodyguarded the head of the Ji Pei. Helped overthrow the Council of the Blue Hand in Xu. Met my half-brother for the first time. You know, the usual." Despite his casual attitude, a part of him takes note of how insane his life has been since joining Heroica. Without really thinking, he voices his thoughts aloud. "It's strange, you know? Most people would consider it improbable to have even seen the higher-ups of the Houses, yet I've met nearly all of them and had personal conversations with at least five. Hel, I'm on first name terms with two, soon to be three of the Ziegfrieds. When I walked through the Hall doors three years ago, this was not how I thought my life would turn out."

Arthur shivers slightly from the chill of his conjured wind, but, lacking a Ruby with which to warm himself, decides to down a Mead instead.

Althior drops his head in his hands in retort to the Weather Mage's pun. He brings himself back up, watching his breath in the winter air. "Overthrowing governments seems usual to you? Maybe the job has changed us. I've completed too much work for the Ziegfrieds and the Hinckwells in my stay here. Met the majority of both those families and have a place among their favored employees. Gotten tangled up in some situations I'd prefer not to have been in: Abraxas, Violetta, Mnemosyne-" He cuts himself off, sharply. "I've been tangled in too many strings; The Hinckwells, The Ziegfrieds, The Wolfgang, all of them pulling in a different direction. One of these days, those strings are going to be cut. We just need to figure out which one to hold on to tightly..." He trails off, trying not to get too philosophical, before sticking his hands in his pockets, shivering from the cold. "Would've thought the kid would've given us a rather obvious entrance strategy. Guess the younger employers don't have that sense of ethics," He smirks.

Arthur shrugs, awkwardly apologetic. "You thought I'd be less socially awkward after two years?" He pauses. "You're right, though, that was rude of me. How have you been the past--erm--couple days, I guess? Anyway, how have you been, Althior, Alexis?"

"Fine thank you. Life is rather boring these days."

"You're honestly suggesting that we ask an inanimate snowman for help?" He turns to the Assassin. "Whatever did you see in this oaf?"

"I did it to spite you thank you very much. I never saw anything in him."

Althior turns to Finnegan. "And she says I'm not a people person,"

"You're not..."

Althior drops his head in his hands in retort to the Weather Mage's pun. He brings himself back up, watching his breath in the winter air. "Overthrowing governments seems usual to you? Maybe the job has changed us. I've completed too much work for the Ziegfrieds and the Hinckwells in my stay here. Met the majority of both those families and have a place among their favored employees. Gotten tangled up in some situations I'd prefer not to have been in: Abraxas, Violetta, Mnemosyne-" He cuts himself off, sharply. "I've been tangled in too many strings; The Hinckwells, The Ziegfrieds, The Wolfgang, all of them pulling in a different direction. One of these days, those strings are going to be cut. We just need to figure out which one to hold on to tightly..." He trails off, trying not to get too philosophical, before sticking his hands in his pockets, shivering from the cold. "Would've thought the kid would've given us a rather obvious entrance strategy. Guess the younger employers don't have that sense of ethics," He smirks.

"I know what you mean. I've been trying to cut a few myself, but some of the strings just don't like being cut." He sighs. "Still, they say blood is thicker than water. Here's hoping the pull from some of those strings goes both ways."

"<I like this woman,>" Miirym says in the Draconic language, fully aware none of those present could understand her verbal speech.

"Not even insanity? Because if we're all being honest here, I was completely nuts back then. Like, seriously, looking back I'm surprised anyone was surprised I wanted to side with the world-ending monstrosity."

"You're not..."

"You're not," Arthur says in unison with Finnegan before he can stop himself. "Sorry, that was rude. But, like I said, if we're being honest, you're not. You just...aren't."

Edited by Flipz

"You're not..."

Alexis laughs at him. "I forgot how much I liked you Finnegan."

"Not even insanity? Because if we're all being honest here, I was completely nuts back then. Like, seriously, looking back I'm surprised anyone was surprised I wanted to side with the world-ending monstrosity."

"Ha! Someone had to fill the slot. You showed up first."

"Ha! Someone had to fill the slot. You showed up first."

"Pun intended?"

Miirym snorts involuntarily, then rolls her eyes.

Edited by Flipz

"Welcome to the club. Seems like a fetish she must have had," He raises his hands up, sarcastically "No offense of course, Miss Fenral,"

"You're not," Arthur says in unison with Finnegan before he can stop himself. "Sorry, that was rude. But, like I said, if we're being honest, you're not. You just...aren't."

"You two should spend more time together. You're just a lovely pair," He chuckles. "Sometimes separation gets you places in life,"

Alexis laughs at him. "I forgot how much I liked you Finnegan."

"See this? Someone appreciates my charm..." Althior rolls his eyes.

"Welcome to the club. Seems like a fetish she must have had," He raises his hands up, sarcastically "No offense of course, Miss Fenral,"

"Hm." A sudden thought strikes him, and he claps a palm to his forehead. Near the window, Miirym suddenly wheels and vomits into the yard. "Oh gods...if I was fetish fuel before..." he pauses, then glances up at the other two. "Nothing. Never mind." But Miirym and Arthur both groan mentally at the mental image he had briefly formed.

Edited by Flipz

"Pun intended?"

"Okay I did walk into that one."

"You keep talking and I'm going to have to hurt you."

"See this? Someone appreciates my charm..." Althior rolls his eyes.

"Now if only you weren't etheral..."

"Hm." A sudden thought strikes him, and he claps a palm to his forehead. Near the window, Miirym suddenly wheels and vomits into the yard. "Oh gods...if I was fetish fuel before..." he pauses, then glances up at the other two. "Nothing. Never mind." But Miirym and Arthur both groan mentally at the mental image he had briefly formed.

Althior turns to Alexis and shrugs. "At least I never did that," He then wheels around to face the weather mage. "Keep that dirty mind of yours in check, alright? Not sure the Ziegfrieds will take kindly to having dragon vomit all over their property,"

Althior turns to Alexis and shrugs. "At least I never did that," He then wheels around to face the weather mage. "Keep that dirty mind of yours in check, alright? Not sure the Ziegfrieds will take kindly to having dragon vomit all over their property,"

"I assure you, having THAT image jammed into my head was not an intentional experience," Miirym complains in her trilling Draconic language.

Serves you right for snooping.

<You say that like it takes effort. What happened to your talk of 'responsibility', 'Master Regulus', hmm?>

Arthur had no response to that, mental or verbal. I'm sorry. I'll be more careful.

<See that you are.>

Is it really that easy for her? Arthur wonders. Miirym says nothing, but merely stares at him as if the answer was obvious. "I'll try," is all he says in reply.

"We are ending this discussion now." Alexis says with an air of finality.

Althior looks over to Regulus' simple, sheepish reply before hearing Alexis talk. "Couldn't agree more," He states, coldly, almost before Alexis had finished talking. He looks around the party in the uncomfortable silence. A party who had loved and hated each other all the same. A party that had truly nothing more to say to each other. This was to be a long night for sure.

Miirym stares down at the three Heroes, standing in silence, and rolls her eyes.

<Well, this is boring. And I have no desire to be bored.> Before Arthur can stop her, the little gold dragon spreads her wings and flies away into the night.

Althior continues to get more bitter as he gets colder and colder. "Great, now what? You want to climb that vine? Be my guest..." Althior attempts to make his way towards the back of the house, looking for any and all possible entrances.

If Alexis agrees to lend him the gems, Arthur spends 1 Ether to blow himself over the fence with Wind and another to let himself down on the other side, before doing the same for Alexis and Althior.

As Arthur cast his windy spells, the gate in the fence creaked open. It had been left unlocked for some reason. The heroes didn't get to explore long before the front door opened as well. It was the family's monstrous butler, Schuester.

heroicaquest125-ziegfriedmanor2.jpg

heroicanpc-schuester.jpg

"Kwwhaaeeedth! Mmsschh Leeehllee weetshh ffaahrr hyoo aapsshhteeerrsssh. Hyooosshh tthhee whaaeensshhh tthoo khlaaemmbh", the butler slurred almost incomprehensibly and shut the door in front of their noses.

Party:

8664722617_bb6be3521f_t.jpgAlthior Emorith, The Dragonslayer (K-Nut) *Party Leader*

35 years old male human Necromancer

Level 44 *Gain Triple Experience* *Absorbs Earth* *Immune to Petrified, Fragile, and Darkness*

Power: 65 (44+21) (Spellpower: 70 (44+21+5))

Defense: 10 (2+5+3)

Health: 55/55 (5+44+5+1)

Ether: 60/60 (5+44+5+4+2)

Gold: 980 (owed 65g by Warlen Meliname)

Equipment: Scepter of Divine Affinity (WP:21, Has ⅙ chance to deal Cursed effect on successful spells and ⅙ chance to deal Blessed effect on successful healing, Staff), Spellbound Gloves (+5 spellpower; handwear), Ethereal Cloak (SP:2, Max Ether +4; backwear), Medal of Glory (Wearer earns triple experience; accessory), Robe of the Seneschal (SP:5; wearer absorbs earth-elemental damage and is immune to petrified and darkness elemental damage; suitable to clerics, mages, chi monks, necromancers and scholars; bodywear), Lieutenant's Helm (SP:3, protects from fragile; headwear)

Inventory:

Artifacts: Robes of Illumination (SP: 5, +10 Max Ether, wearer is permanently transcended, suitable to prophets; bodywear)

Spell Items: Diamond (Light), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind), Garnet (Earth), 2 Opals (Ice), Aquamarine (Water), Emerald (Wood)

Consumables: 3 Potions, 7 Tonics, 3 Grand Tonics, 3 Ether Cores, 8 Remedies, 2 Elixirs, Phoenix Incense, 7 Meads, 6 Nostrums, Garnet Lamp of Summoning, Skeleton Decoy, Feather of Lithe (Makes the user nimble for three rounds, giving them a 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits.), Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used.), Skadi Bomb (Causes 100 Ice Elemental Damage to all opponents when used)

Tools etc.: Bedroll, Pickaxe, 2 Bones, Unicorn Horn (Worth 250 Gold at Magic Shops)

IMG_2946-1_zps80faf5a9.jpgAlexis Fenral, Orc-kin (Masked Builder)

24 year old female elven Assassin

Level 47 *Immune to Darkness, Water, Bound, Slowed* *Gains Triple Experience*

Power: 79 (47+20+12)

Defense: 1

Health: 58/58 (6+46+5+1)

Gold: 1359

Equipment: Steel Fan (WP:20, ice-, lightning-, and darkness-elemental, dagger), Counterstrike Gloves, Medal of Glory (Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles; accessory), Winged Sandals (footwear; protects from bound and slowed effects), Aventine's Cape (SP:1, immunity to darkness and water),

Inventory:

Weapons: Cat-o'-Nine-Tails (WP: 20, damage divided between all enemies, whip), Death's Whip (WP:11, on successful hits there is a 1/6 chance to cause double damage), Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Staff of Ennon (WP: 5, light-elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4; staff), Fang Dagger (WP: 4), Town Watch Halberd (WP: 6),

Artifacts: Quickdraw Quiver (permanent hastened-effect, suitable to Rangers), Electro Gear (Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory), Smelly Hide (Suitable for barbarians and beast warriors, half damage from beasts and humanoids on Damage, bodywear), Lieutenant's Helmet (SP:3, protects from fragile), Ring of Sight (protects from blinded), Regret's Cape (Backwear, grants immunity to first negative effect afflicted each battle),

Spell Items: Diamond (Light), Topaz (lightning)

Consumables: 6 Potions, 8 Grand Potions, Health Core, 9 Remedies, 9x Meads, Smelling Salts, Nostrum, 2 Somas, Mulled Wine, 5 Venoms, 3 Deadly Venom, Crimson Venom (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects for the duration of one battle), Red Death Blood (If applied to a weapon the Doomed effect is dealt on first blow), 2 Lightning Bombs, 7 Water Bombs, 3 Dirt Bombs, Skeleton Decoy, 8 Bones, 2 Grating Stones, Zoot's Cookie

Tools etc.: Bedroll, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Shovel, Venom, Bedroll, Fifty Shades of Bley (Grants access to the Harlot expert job class), Silver Ore (worth 60 gold)

16306387965_97c0811ab4_t.jpgArthur Justus Regulus VII, a Hero Who Is Actually Worth Something (Flipz)

22 year old male human Weather Mage

Level 34 2/4 *Immune to Blinded and Confused* *Ignores Free Hits from Beasts* *Encouraged*

Power: 46 (34+12)

Defense: 15 (14+1)

Health: 48/48 (5+33+4+6)

Ether: 40/46 (5+33+6+2)

Gold: 504 (Owed 128 gold by Boomingham)

Equipment: Zoot's Rebel (WP:20 "broomstick", suitable to Arthur only), Lens of Speed Reading (Allows a scroll to be read in addition to a normal action; accessory), Pointy Hat (+2 Max Ether), Shadeaux Cape (SP:7, Immune to Blind andConfused, suitable to those with reputation among the Shadeaux only; if reputation is great, SP is doubled; if reputation is outstanding, SP is tripled; backwear), Fur Leggings (SP: 1, Beast enemies do not deal free hits to the wearer; footwear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory:

Weapons: Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, staff, 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd), Staff of Ennon - (WP: 5, Light-Elemental, staff, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4), Healing Staff A (WP: 5, staff, heals instead of damaging), Healing Staff B (WP: 5, staff, heals instead of damaging), Unlucky Horseshoe (WP:13, retrievable throwing weapon, causes Jinxed-effect) (Lent to Docken), Sword of the Vampir (WP:17, user is Jinxed), Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Longsword), Clockwork Lance (WP:12, has 1/3 chance to cause slowed-effect on the target; lance), Gladiator Trident (WP: 11, Spear, causes bleeding-by-5 effect), Stag Antlers (WP:10, grants Intimidation; halberd), Metasimian Dory (WP:10, pierces defense; spear), Spider Leg (WP:10, doubled against flying enemies; spear), Dauntlet Index (WP: 10, doubled against humanoids; spear), Duplovian Swift Halberd (WP:3, halberd, stuns on successful hits, Hollow [nothing]), Arm Shield (SP:14, shield), Crescent Shield (SP: 5, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield) (Lent to Purpearl), Blue Hand Shield (SP:5, grants immunity to five effects of the user’s choice; these immunities cannot be changed once selected Immune to Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, and Stunned; shield) (Lent to Purpearl), )

Artifacts: White Ninja Cowl (The wearer can choose to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits; the effect ends if the user targets an enemy; suitable to rogues, beast warriors, chi monks and infiltrators; headwear), Noble Mask (Wearer gains gold equal to the number of enemies after each victorious battle; headwear, suitable for anyone), Unicorn Helmet (SP:1; the wearer can only receive one negative effect at a time, with a new effect replacing the old one; headwear, usable by barbarians, knights, dragoons, infiltrators, regulators, skirmishers, and winged warriors), Duplovian Helmet of the Guard (SP:2, Immune to Magic and Healing; headwear, suitable for anyone), Sylvania's Cowl (Permits Animal Talk, Headwear), Duke's Coat-of-Arms (SP: 5, Protects against Fragile and all Poisons; bodywear, suitable for knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators), Cloak of Deception (Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent; Backwear, suitable for anyone), Stingy Gloves (Prevents enemies from ever stealing gold from you; handwear, wearable by everybody), Overkill Gloves (Gives the wearer 1 gold for every point of damage they do extra when they defeat an enemy (example: Enemy has 50 HP left, you do 75 damage, you earn 25 gold); handwear, suitable for anyone), Winged Sandals (Protects from bound- and slowed-effects; footwear), Shackles of War (Prevents anyone from fleeing battles; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Zap-Tap Badge (Has a 1/2 chance to deal Electric damage to an opponent who has dealt damage to a hero, equal to the hero's level; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Macabre Collar (Provides immunity to Insta-Kill and Doomed; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Scarf of Misfortune (Wearer deals the Jinxed effect on every third round; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (changes the wearer into an elf of the same gender when worn; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Sandman’s Parasol (Protects from asleep- and fast asleep –effects; accessory), Enchanted Bracelet (Protects from sealed-effect; accessory)

Spell Items: Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Opal (Ice), Diamond (Light), Garnet (Earth), Aquamarine (Water), Sapphire (Wind), Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing (Lent to De'kra), Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Armor Sundering (Reduces target’s SP by 5 and has a 50/50 chance of success), Scroll of Poisoning (Grants target’s weapon the Poisoned 10 effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether), Scroll of Luck (Grants target the Lucky-effect for one battle. Costs 10 ether.) (lent to Hybros), Scroll of Weakening

Consumables: Potion, 8x Grand Potion, Tonic, Grand Tonic, Ether Core, 10x Remedy, 3x Elixir, 3x Phoenix Essence, Fenghuang Incense, Hurricane, 4x Mead, 3x Smelling Salts, 2x Neutralizer, Exterlate, Noxious Venom (When used on a weapon, the weapon deals the Poisoned-by-10 effect for the duration of the battle and the Confused effect for the next three rounds, for the duration of one battle.), Crumbling Venom (-3 HP/-1 SP per round), Blind Fury, Love Potion, Blind Bomb, Seal Bomb, 3x Stun Bomb, 5x Smoke Bomb, 3x Bones, Grating Stone, Ella's Pie (Permanently boosts max. ether by 5 but permanently decreases max. health by 5 when consumed.)

Tools etc: Bedroll, Telescope, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Magic Compass, Begone with the Winds (Grants the holder access to the Weather Mage expert job class upon reaching Level 30), 2x Silver Ore

"If I'm not mistaken, the last thing he said was climb." He looks to Alexis "Ladies first, after all,"