Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Decamon Tournament: Championship Cup

heroicadt.jpg

The Emerald Palace had quietened down as your rivals left it one by one after being defeated in a match. Eventually there were just you and three others left. You are approached by Roland Emeraldo, the "Emerald Emperor" himself.

heroicadt-emeraldo.jpg

"Congratulations on being the best of your respective cup! Together you four bested a total of sixty other contestants! That has earned you access to the wondrous Decamon Drafter expert job class. However, now it is time to see if you really have what it takes to play Decamon in the big league. Let me introduce you to the Champions of Decamon!"

Roland Emeraldo waves his wand towards the gates of the palace, where four people step in: a young boy in a wide-brimmed hat, a rockling mage, an armored vampiress and an elderly greenskinned witch.

heroicadt-champions.jpg

heroicadt-emeraldo.jpg

"By winning against one of these four, you will win yourselves the title of Decamon Champion. And if you make it all the way to the top of the Championship Cup by defeating yours truly, you will be deemed Master of the Decamon Tournament. But be mindful that this is no easy task, for we Champions carry the ultra rare Level 9 and 10 cards! Are you ready? For the game is on!"

One of the Champions walks up to you and flashes a hand of five cards. You now need to pick up five of your own that could possibly beat the Champion. The Champion's title should give you a clue what cards to use.

heroicadt-championshipcup.jpg

MATCHES:

Atramor is approached by the teenage boy.

heroicadt-brock.jpg

"Hey, nice hat! I'm Brock from Dim Haven! I finally managed to beat my big brother and gain the title of the Fiery Champion to myself. Don't you come and rob me of it so soon!"

The coin toss deems that Atramor starts the match.

14692172731_f204630c8a_t.jpgAtramor Gibbin (CallMePie)

Decamon Deck: Volt Ant (Electric 1), Lucky Rabbit (Icy 1), Tweetybird (Flying 1), 2x Brains-in-a-Jar (Ethereal 2), Tangleweed (Plant 3), Dune Ghoul (Rock 3), Wishing Starfish (Aquatic 4),Thunderbird (Electric 4), Death's Rose (Plant 4), Sandman (Ethereal 4),Mushroomhead (Plant 5), Unicorn (Luminous 5), Electriphant (Electric 6), Cave Troll (Rock 6), Dryad (Plant 6), 3x Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Star Elemental (Ethereal 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8), Cloud Gigas (Electric 9)

Cards played:

VS.

heroicadt-brock.jpgBrock, the Fiery Champion (NPC)

Cards played:

The rockling comes to Hoke Ablesword.

heroicadt-cinnabar.jpg

"So, you're going to take a bout with sweet auntie Cinnabar, eh? We rocklings are tough, mind you, and my rock cards are even tougher."

Geomancer Cinnabar starts the match, and plays Flesh Golem (Dark 3)!

hoke_ableword_1b.jpgHoke Ablesword (Username MDM)

Decamon Deck: Holy Cow (Luminous 4), Death's Rose (Plant 4), Igniphant (Fiery 6), Cave Troll (Rock 6), Grendel (Icy 7), Woodwose (Plant 7), Reaper (Dark 8), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8)

Cards played:

VS.

heroicadt-cinnabar.jpgGeomancer Cinnabar, the Rock Champion (NPC)

Cards played: Flesh Golem (Dark 3),

Johon is paired with the noble vampire.

heroicadt-lyudmila.jpg

"Vat if thif? Am I, Counteff Lyudmila of Fellcreft, to compete againft a peafant?! I fhall unleafh my dark forcef upon thee!"

The coin toss decides that the Countess goes first. She puts Creeping Hand (Dark 2) on the table!

picture_8_inventory.pngJohon (Bricksandparts)

Decamon Deck: Glow Worm (Luminous 1), Scarab (Rock 1), Toxic Toad (Plant 1), 2x Shy Shell (Aquatic 2), 3x Sylph (Electric 3), Dune Ghoul (Rock 3), Simsalamander (Fiery 3), Cheshire Cat (Ethereal 3), Yeti (Icy 4), Sahuagin (Aquatic 5),Electriphant (Electric 6), Aquaphant (Aquatic 6), Sphinx (Ethereal 7), Jun-Chi (Luminous 7), Tygurah (Electric 7), Rafflesia (Plant 8), Reaper (Dark 8), Sun Elemental (Fiery 8), Green Dragon (Flying 8), Star Elemental (Ethereal 8)

Cards played:

VS.

heroicadt-lyudmila.jpgCountess Lyudmila, the Dark Champion (NPC)

Cards played: Creeping Hand (Dark 2),

Sorrow is met by the witch.

heroicadt-zelena.jpg

"Ooh, how peculiarly rare! I am to match against a person who is older than me! I am Sorceress Zelena, pleasure to make your acquaintance. You know my daughter, Elphaba, from the time you visited her quaint little shoppe in Eubric. Isn't she a striking beauty?"

The coin tells that Sorrow starts the match!

ava-sorrow.jpgSorrow (Endgame)

Decamon Deck: 2x Tweetybird (Flying 1), Carrion Squirrel (Dark 1), 2x Dune Ghoul (Rock 3), 2x Flesh Golem (Dark 3), Cherub (Luminous 3), Unicorn (Luminous 5), Automaton (Electric 5), Igniphant (Fiery 6), Lich (Dark 6), Pegasus (Luminous 8), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Rafflesia (Plant 8)

Cards played:

VS.

heroicadt-zelena.jpgSorceress Zelena, the Luminous Champion (NPC)

Cards played:

"We'll see about that, mate. And aye, I've had this longer than I can remember."

Atramor plays his Wishing Starfish (Aquatic 4).

"Yes, I have met her in the past... She's of great help to the organization." I decline further comment.

I play a Pegasus (Light 8).

MATCHES:

Atramor starts with Wishing Starfish (Aquatic 4)! Brock responds with Tygurah (Electric 7)!

decamon-aquatic4.jpgVS.decamon-electric7.jpg

Brock wins! He goes next and plays Simsalamander (Fiery 3)!

Decamon Deck: Volt Ant (Electric 1), Lucky Rabbit (Icy 1), Tweetybird (Flying 1), 2x Brains-in-a-Jar (Ethereal 2), Tangleweed (Plant 3), Dune Ghoul (Rock 3), Wishing Starfish (Aquatic 4),Thunderbird (Electric 4), Death's Rose (Plant 4), Sandman (Ethereal 4),Mushroomhead (Plant 5), Unicorn (Luminous 5), Electriphant (Electric 6), Cave Troll (Rock 6), Dryad (Plant 6), 3x Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Star Elemental (Ethereal 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8), Cloud Gigas (Electric 9)

Cards played: Wishing Starfish (Aquatic 4),

VS.

Cards played: Tygurah (Electric 7), Simsalamander (Fiery 3)

Hoke answers Cinnabar's card with Holy Cow (Luminous 4)!

decamon-luminous4.jpgVS.decamon-dark3.jpg

Hoke wins and goes next! He plays Igniphant (Fiery 6) to which Cinnabar responds with Gold Golem (Luminous 6)!

decamon-fiery6.jpgVS.decamon-luminous6.jpg

Cinnabar wins in turn! She plays Stone Golem (Rock 8) next!

Decamon Deck: Holy Cow (Luminous 4), Death's Rose (Plant 4), Igniphant (Fiery 6), Cave Troll (Rock 6), Grendel (Icy 7), Woodwose (Plant 7), Reaper (Dark 8), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8)

Cards played: Holy Cow (Luminous 4), Igniphant (Fiery 6),

VS.

Cards played: Flesh Golem (Dark 3), Gold Golem (Luminous 6), Stone Golem (Rock 8),

Johon plays Sylph (Electric 3) in response to the countess' card!

decamon-electric3.jpgVS.decamon-dark2.jpg

Johon wins and plays Sun Elemental (Fiery 8) next! Lyudmila smirks and plays Demon Ray (Aquatic 3) in response!

decamon-fiery8.jpgVS.decamon-aquatic3.jpg

Lyudmila wins! She places down Reaper (Dark 8)!

Decamon Deck: Glow Worm (Luminous 1), Scarab (Rock 1), Toxic Toad (Plant 1), 2x Shy Shell (Aquatic 2), 3x Sylph (Electric 3), Dune Ghoul (Rock 3), Simsalamander (Fiery 3), Cheshire Cat (Ethereal 3), Yeti (Icy 4), Sahuagin (Aquatic 5),Electriphant (Electric 6), Aquaphant (Aquatic 6), Sphinx (Ethereal 7), Jun-Chi (Luminous 7), Tygurah (Electric 7), Rafflesia (Plant 8), Reaper (Dark 8), Sun Elemental (Fiery 8), Green Dragon (Flying 8), Star Elemental (Ethereal 8)

Cards played: Sylph (Electric 3), Sun Elemental (Fiery 8),

VS.

Cards played: Creeping Hand (Dark 2), Demon Ray (Aquatic 3), Reaper (Dark 8),

Sorrow opens the match with Pegasus (Luminous 8)! Zelena plays Nixie (Aquatic 7)!

decamon-luminous8.jpgVS.decamon-aquatic7.jpg

Zelena wins the round! She plays Holy Cow (Luminous 4) next!

Decamon Deck: 2x Tweetybird (Flying 1), Carrion Squirrel (Dark 1), 2x Dune Ghoul (Rock 3), 2x Flesh Golem (Dark 3), Cherub (Luminous 3), Unicorn (Luminous 5), Automaton (Electric 5), Igniphant (Fiery 6), Lich (Dark 6), Pegasus (Luminous 8), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Rafflesia (Plant 8)

Cards played: Pegasus (Luminous 8),

VS.

Cards played: Nixie (Aquatic 7), Holy Cow (Luminous 4)

Atramor plays his Unicorn (Luminous 5), and then his Carcinos (Aquatic 8).

Hoke plays Death's Rose (Plant 4), then Cave Troll (Rock 6).

Edited by UsernameMDM

"Had a feeling that'd go badly..." Johon replies as he loses his first card. He then plays Glow Worm and Jun-Chi. "However, I still think I'll be taking your title..."

I play my Rafflesia, followed by a Stone Golem.

MATCHES:

Atramor continues with Unicorn (Luminous 5)!

decamon-luminous5.jpgVS.decamon-fiery3.jpg

Atramor wins this time! He plays Carcinos (Aquatic 8) next! Brock has to put down Succubus (Fiery 4)!

decamon-aquatic8.jpgVS.decamon-fiery4.jpg

Atramor wins again! Brock goes next and plays Holy Cow (Luminous 4) as his second-to-last card!

Cards played: Wishing Starfish (Aquatic 4), Unicorn (Luminous 5), Carcinos (Aquatic 8),

VS.

Cards played: Tygurah (Electric 7), Simsalamander (Fiery 3), Succubus (Fiery 4), Holy Cow (Luminous 4),

Hoke plays Death's Rose (Plant 4) against Cinnabar's card!

decamon-plant4.jpgVS.decamon-rock8.jpg

Hoke wins! He starts the next round with Cave Troll (Rock 6)! Cinnabar lets out a yelp and plays Basilisk (Rock 9)!

decamon-rock6.jpgVS.decamon-rock9.jpg

Cinnabar wins! It is them time to play the decisive final cards! Cinnabar has Automaton (Electric 5)!

Cards played: Holy Cow (Luminous 4), Igniphant (Fiery 6), Death's Rose (Plant 4), Cave Troll (Rock 6),

VS.

Cards played: Flesh Golem (Dark 3), Gold Golem (Luminous 6), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Basilisk (Rock 9), Automaton (Electric 5)

Johon plays Glow Worm (Luminous 1) as if to rub defeat in Lyudmila's nose.

decamon-luminous1.jpgVS.decamon-dark8.jpg

Johon wins the round! He follows with Jun-Chi (Luminous 7)! Lyudmila's grin returns as she plays Death's Rose (Plant 4)!

decamon-luminous7.jpgVS.decamon-plant4.jpg

Lyudmila wins the round! The final cards are then played, and Lyudmila reveals her Cerberus (Dark 9)!

Cards played: Sylph (Electric 3), Sun Elemental (Fiery 8), Glow Worm (Luminous 1), Jun-Chi (Luminous 7),

VS.

Cards played: Creeping Hand (Dark 2), Demon Ray (Aquatic 3), Reaper (Dark 8), Death's Rose (Plant 4), Cerberus (Dark 9)

Sorrow responds with Rafflesia (Plant 8)!

decamon-plant8.jpgVS.decamon-luminous4.jpg

Sorrow wins! He starts the next round with Stone Golem (Rock 8)! Zelena has no choice but to play Golden Dragon (Luminous 9)!

decamon-rock8.jpgVS.decamon-luminous9.jpg

Zelena wins the round! She plays Cheshire Cat (Ethereal 3) next!

Cards played: Pegasus (Luminous 8), Rafflesia (Plant 8), Stone Golem (Rock 8),

VS.

Cards played: Nixie (Aquatic 7), Holy Cow (Luminous 4), Golden Dragon (Luminous 9), Cheshire Cat (Ethereal 3),

OoC: Couldn't figure out if it'd be death's rose or vampire bat... :laugh: Oh well... :tongue:

Johon finishes with Simsalamander, winning the bout. "I congratulate you. You beat 2 of my cards. Good game." He says, extending his hand to shake. He then looks over to Sorrow, another hero he somewhat knew. "Think we'll be facing off?" He asks, seeing him miss his opportunity to get the level 9 card.

Atramor plays his Star Elemental (Ethereal 8), then finally a second Carcinos (Aquatic 8).

I play my Lich (Dark 6) and then my Flesh Golem (Dark 3).

"Well played, Zelena."

MATCHES:

Atramor pulls out his Star Elemental (Ethereal 8) against Brock's card.

decamon-ethereal8.jpgVS.decamon-luminous4.jpg

Atramor wins again! The last cards are then displayed. Brock has Phoenix (Fiery 9), while Atramor has Carcinos (Aquatic 8)!

decamon-aquatic8.jpgVS.decamon-fiery9.jpg

heroicadt-brock.jpg

"Oh crap, I lost the match as well as the Phoenix card! Balthazar's gonna be so disappointed in me." Atramor wins the last round as well!

Cards played: Wishing Starfish (Aquatic 4), Unicorn (Luminous 5), Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Star Elemental (Ethereal 8), Carcinos (Aquatic 8)

VS.

Cards played: Tygurah (Electric 7), Simsalamander (Fiery 3), Succubus (Fiery 4), Holy Cow (Luminous 4), Phoenix (Fiery 9)

Atramor Gibbin wins the match and becomes the Fiery Champion of Decamon! Brock is eliminated!

14692172731_f204630c8a_t.jpgAtramor Gibbin, the Fiery Champion (CallMePie) *MOVING ON!*

Decamon Deck: Volt Ant (Electric 1), Lucky Rabbit (Icy 1), Tweetybird (Flying 1), 2x Brains-in-a-Jar (Ethereal 2), Tangleweed (Plant 3), Dune Ghoul (Rock 3), Simsalamander (Fiery 3), Succubus (Fiery 4), Holy Cow (Luminous 4), Thunderbird (Electric 4), Death's Rose (Plant 4), Sandman (Ethereal 4),Mushroomhead (Plant 5), Unicorn (Luminous 5), Electriphant (Electric 6), Cave Troll (Rock 6), Dryad (Plant 6), 3x Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Star Elemental (Ethereal 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8), Cloud Gigas (Electric 9), Phoenix (Fiery 9)

heroicadt-brock.jpgBrock (NPC) *ELIMINATED!*

Decamon Deck: Wishing Starfish (Aquatic 4), Tygurah (Electric 7)

Hoke's final card is Grendel (Icy 7)!

decamon-icy7.jpgVS.decamon-electric5.jpg

heroicadt-cinnabar.jpg

"Crud, that does it for me! Old aunt Cinnabar is no longer at the top of her game, it seems." Hoke wins the final round!

Cards played: Holy Cow (Luminous 4), Igniphant (Fiery 6), Death's Rose (Plant 4), Cave Troll (Rock 6), Grendel (Icy 7)

VS.

Cards played: Flesh Golem (Dark 3), Gold Golem (Luminous 6), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Basilisk (Rock 9), Automaton (Electric 5)

Hoke Ablesword wins the match and becomes the Rock Champion of Decamon! Cinnabar is eliminated!

hoke_ableword_1b.jpgHoke Ablesword, the Rock Champion (Username MDM) *MOVING ON!*

Decamon Deck: Flesh Golem (Dark 3), Holy Cow (Luminous 4), Death's Rose (Plant 4), Automaton (Electric 5),Grendel (Icy 7), Woodwose (Plant 7), Reaper (Dark 8), 2x Stone Golem (Rock 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8)

heroicadt-cinnabar.jpgGeomancer Cinnabar (NPC) *ELIMINATED!*

Decamon Deck: Igniphant (Fiery 6), Cave Troll (Rock 6), Gold Golem (Luminous 6), Basilisk (Rock 9)

Johon reveals his last card to be a puny Simsalamander (Fiery 3)!

decamon-fiery3.jpgVS.decamon-dark9.jpg

heroicadt-lyudmila.jpg

"Mrgrgrr! I cannot believe I loft to a mere peafant! You better not fhow your fafe in Fellcreft, serf!" Johon wins the last round!

Johon wins the match and becomes the Dark Champion of Decamon! Countess Lyudmila is eliminated!

picture_8_inventory.pngJohon, the Dark Champion (Bricksandparts) *MOVING ON!*

Decamon Deck: Glow Worm (Luminous 1), Scarab (Rock 1), Toxic Toad (Plant 1), Creeping Hand (Dark 2), 2x Shy Shell (Aquatic 2), 3x Sylph (Electric 3), Dune Ghoul (Rock 3), Simsalamander (Fiery 3), Cheshire Cat (Ethereal 3), Yeti (Icy 4), Sahuagin (Aquatic 5),Electriphant (Electric 6), Aquaphant (Aquatic 6), Sphinx (Ethereal 7), Tygurah (Electric 7), Rafflesia (Plant 8), 2x Reaper (Dark 8), Green Dragon (Flying 8), Star Elemental (Ethereal 8), Cerberus (Dark 9)

heroicadt-lyudmila.jpgCountess Lyudmila (NPC) *ELIMINATED!*

Decamon Deck: Demon Ray (Aquatic 3), Death's Rose (Plant 4), Jun-Chi (Luminous 7), Sun Elemental (Fiery 8)

Sorrow plays Lich (Dark 6) next!

decamon-dark6.jpgVS.decamon-ethereal3.jpg

Sorrow wins! The remaining cards are put to the table, and it is Sorrow's Flesh Golem (Dark 3) against Zelena's Moon Elemental (Icy 8)!

decamon-dark3.jpgVS.decamon-icy8.jpg

heroicadt-zelena.jpg

"If I'm not mistaken, being the old fool I am, I will be keeping my title for now. But good match, nevertheless. Pleasure meeting such a polite gentleman!" Zelena wins the last round!

Cards played: Pegasus (Luminous 8), Rafflesia (Plant 8), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Lich (Dark 6), Flesh Golem (Dark 3)

VS.

Cards played: Nixie (Aquatic 7), Holy Cow (Luminous 4), Golden Dragon (Luminous 9), Cheshire Cat (Ethereal 3), Moon Elemental (Icy 8)

Sorceress Zelena wins the match and moves on to face the new Champions! Sorrow is eliminated!

ava-sorrow.jpgSorrow (Endgame) *ELIMINATED!*

Decamon Deck: 2x Tweetybird (Flying 1), Carrion Squirrel (Dark 1), 2x Dune Ghoul (Rock 3), Flesh Golem (Dark 3), Cherub (Luminous 3), Cheshire Cat (Ethereal 3), Holy Cow (Luminous 4), Unicorn (Luminous 5), Automaton (Electric 5), Igniphant (Fiery 6), Lich (Dark 6), Rafflesia (Plant 8)

heroicadt-zelena.jpgSorceress Zelena, the Luminous Champion (NPC) *MOVING ON!*

Decamon Deck: Flesh Golem (Dark 3), Nixie (Aquatic 7), Moon Elemental (Icy 8), Pegasus (Luminous 8), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Golden Dragon (Luminous 9)

After you finish your match, The Emerald Emperor walks to you with a big smile.

heroicadt-emeraldo.jpg

"Congratulations, you three have now become the new reigning Champions of Decamon! You will be facing each other next, but I have to inform you that you can only be one type of a champion at a time, so matches between Champions are purely for sports. Of course, whichever one of you rises to the top will face me in one final match with a chance to win the additional title of the Master of the Decamon Tournament. Good luck and play well!"

Note: The second round of matches will be posted shortly.

heroicadt-championshipcup2.jpg

Only four opponents remained in the Tournament against you, all of them Champions as well. It would be a tough climb to the top.

Once again you had to choose five cards from your hand and just hope you made the right choices.

MATCHES:

Atramor and Hoke were paired up for the second round. The coin toss degreed that Hoke would start.

14692172731_f204630c8a_t.jpgAtramor Gibbin, the Fiery Champion (CallMePie)

Decamon Deck: Volt Ant (Electric 1), Lucky Rabbit (Icy 1), Tweetybird (Flying 1), 2x Brains-in-a-Jar (Ethereal 2), Tangleweed (Plant 3), Dune Ghoul (Rock 3), Simsalamander (Fiery 3), Succubus (Fiery 4), Holy Cow (Luminous 4), Thunderbird (Electric 4), Death's Rose (Plant 4), Sandman (Ethereal 4),Mushroomhead (Plant 5), Unicorn (Luminous 5), Electriphant (Electric 6), Cave Troll (Rock 6), Dryad (Plant 6), 3x Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Star Elemental (Ethereal 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8), Cloud Gigas (Electric 9), Phoenix (Fiery 9)

Cards played:

VS.

hoke_ableword_1b.jpgHoke Ablesword, the Rock Champion (Username MDM)

Decamon Deck: Flesh Golem (Dark 3), Holy Cow (Luminous 4), Death's Rose (Plant 4), Automaton (Electric 5),Grendel (Icy 7), Woodwose (Plant 7), Reaper (Dark 8), 2x Stone Golem (Rock 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8)

Cards played:

Johon met the elderly witch Zelena in a match. The coin toss decided that Johon would go first.

picture_8_inventory.pngJohon, the Dark Champion (Bricksandparts)

Decamon Deck: Glow Worm (Luminous 1), Scarab (Rock 1), Toxic Toad (Plant 1), Creeping Hand (Dark 2), 2x Shy Shell (Aquatic 2), 3x Sylph (Electric 3), Dune Ghoul (Rock 3), Simsalamander (Fiery 3), Cheshire Cat (Ethereal 3), Yeti (Icy 4), Sahuagin (Aquatic 5),Electriphant (Electric 6), Aquaphant (Aquatic 6), Sphinx (Ethereal 7), Tygurah (Electric 7), Rafflesia (Plant 8), 2x Reaper (Dark 8), Green Dragon (Flying 8), Star Elemental (Ethereal 8), Cerberus (Dark 9)

Cards played:

VS.

Decamon Deck: Flesh Golem (Dark 3), Nixie (Aquatic 7), Moon Elemental (Icy 8), Pegasus (Luminous 8), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Golden Dragon (Luminous 9)

Cards played:

"I won't be so easy to beat..." Johon says, greeting his next opponent.

Toxic Toad

heroicadt-zelena.jpg

"Oh, I know you like to boast, Mister Gregory. But you will see I'm no toothless old hag you can just shove aside." Zelena chooses Nixie (Aquatic 7) from her hand and wins the round!

Zelena starts the next round with Pegasus (Luminous 8)!

picture_8_inventory.pngJohon, the Dark Champion (Bricksandparts)

Cards played: Toxic Toad (Plant 1),

VS.

Cards played: Nixie (Aquatic 7), Pegasus (Luminous 8),

Atramor plays his Succubus (Fiery 4), trumping Hoke's card, then plays his Star Elemental (Ethereal 8).

Hoke chuckles to himself.

"Not even going to let me win one round eh?"

Hoke plays Holy Cow (Luminous 4), the Death's Rose (Plant 4)

"Well, ya' ain't bringin' much in the way of cards, mate."

Atramor plays his Cloud Gigas (Electric 9) and then his Phoenix (Fiery 9).