AoNZ

What Sets Have You Gotten For The Actual Set/Vehicle

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Not sure if there is a topic about this and if so you can close this.

Well this is my first topic and I thought it was an interesting question as I was looking back at my sets.

"Which Lego Sets have you gotten for the Actual Set/Vehicle and not the mini-figs."

I looked at mine and found that I got these ones for the actual vehicles:

Republic Gunship #7676

AT-ST #7657

Drop Ship w/ AT-OT #10195

That's it.

I was quite surprised as I realised that I only wanted the figs from most of the sets I own.

The set I always wanted most for the actual set / vehicle was the 4483 AT-AT. I remember absolutely drooling over the first pictures that appeared, dreaming of the set and counting down the days until it was finally available. I actually (still) love this vehicle so much, I have two on regular display.

The Snowtroopers were a nice bonus, but I wouldn't have cared less if it had included regular Stormtroopers or whatever.

I have an almost complete OT SW Lego collection, but when I buy sets it is usually the combination of the three factors of keeping the collection complete, the vehicle itself and the figures included.

Edited by Siegfried
There's no need to quote the whole first post...

Most of my Star Wars sets I bought for the set, not the figs. The only exclusions are Endor, 7659 Imperial Landing Craft... and obviously the battle packs.

I came out of my dark ages by buying the original 1999 releases, and in that case, it was the ships because I hadn't experienced the figures yet. I wasn't really a minifig kid when I was growing up, so I didn't think about it until I was building them.

Then I realised how incredible they were and almost instantly converted to giving them the most consideration.

Still, I've bought most of the UCS sets (all but the RBR and Snowspeeder, both of which I would have loved but couldn't afford), so I do have some love for the ships as well.

Interesting topic! :thumbup: But not your first. :tongue:

This excludes sets which we bought for parts, right? And figless sets don't count, right?

Sets I have gotten:

Fighter Tank

AAT (CW)

AT-TE Walker

Hailfire Droid & Spider Droid

Mos Espa Podrace

Millenium Falcon (Hoth)

Bounty Hunter Pursuit

AT-ST (old)

Snowspeeder (old)

Naboo Fighter(old)

A-Wing Fighter(old)

TIE Fighter

Sets I want to buy:

RGS

RAS (even though Mace & the pilot are big factors for me to get this set, I chose this over the magnet set because I want the shuttle too)

Ahsoka's SF

AT-OT with Dropship

I'm actually surprised at this high number because minifigs are very important to me these days. :classic:

I buy most of my sets because I want the set/vehicle, not just the figs. Of course, the sets would do nothing for me without figs, and figs would be nothing without sets, so there is some balance. Obviously, I buy battlepacks for the figs, but most of the others are for both figs and set.

Edited by ADHO15

Hmm...this is hard! :look::laugh:

Fighter Tank

Hailfire Droid & Spider Droid

Bounty Hunter Pursuit

AT-ST (old, but I took it apart and use different pieces now)

AAT (Both versions, I have two of each :classic:)

Snowspeeder (old, bought one, got four from mate)

White Snowspeeder (Yeh, got one of these)

AT-AT (missing some parts, use pieces for other stuff now :blush:)

Naboo Fighter (old, got two)

TIE Fighter (LUL)

TIE Interceptor

Solar Sailor

Geonosian Fighter

AT-TE Walker

And the all new sets that are coming out! :tongue:

One. The Sandcrawler. Actually, I got it 75% for the vehicle, and 25% for the figs. Who doesn't love Jawas?!

OK, let`s see:

-both AT-TEs

-new AT-AT, but I liked the old one too

-Millenium Falcon

-Imperial Stardestroyer, well partially, also for Tarkin

-AT-ST (new)

-Imperial Landing Craft

-AT-AP

-Republic Fighter Tank, even though at the time two white clones were a nice thing to have

-Death Star, about 50-50 figures and set, maybe a bit more in favour of the figs

-X-Wing & Yoda`s Hut (for the X-Wing!)

Apart from that, everything that I have and that contains just rather generic figs, like most starfighters.

I only buy Fig packs (1x each) and you hardly buy those for the vehicles!

I've collected Star Wars LEGO since it was released in '98. Obviously many sets feature starfighters, spaceships, droids, etc. which makes them worthy of purchase regardless of the minifigs!

I started typing a list but it was starting to get way too long... so I've put down a few choice picks where the minifig was filler but the set was killer! Many of these I own the originals too...

A-wing 6207 - bought two!

B-wing 6208

Y-wing 7658 - one of my all-time favourites

Tie Fighter 7146

Tie Bomber 4479

V-16 Torrent 7674

As well as...

Hailfire & Spider Droid 7670

Droid Gunship 7678

To name just a few!

The new Republic Gunship (MODed first into ARC Gunship, getting second on 24th.)

ARC-170

V-Wing. About 10

New AT-TE

New AT-ST (2007)

Jedi Starfighter and Hyperdrive Booster Ring (But the figs were a bonus)

Anakins Fighter

Naboo N-1 Starfighter and Vulture Droid

AAT (Both)

Hailfire Tank (There were no figs though...)

2001 TIE Fighter

2002 Jedi Starfighter

T-16 Skyhopper

Geonosian Starfighter (Figs were another nice bonus)

2004 Snowspeeder (3)

2004 X-wing (Again, nice figs though)

Wookiee Attack (2 or 3) (Still love that Tank Droid, should put it back together)

Ultimate Space Battle

2006 A-wing (2 or 3)

General Grievous Starfighter (Fig wasn't great at all)

V-19

And the New Tank Droid as well.

6209 played a big role in my Lego life. It was what started to get me interested in Lego. I got it strictly because the ship just looked so amazing, and I couldn't believe it was made of Lego. Summer of 2008, I was browsing a little bit on the Lego website to see if they had anything else nice like the Slave I. That's when I stumbled upon 7888. It was a dream come true. I quickly went to Toys R Us and picked it up. Now remember, these are all just sets that I got for the vehicle. I got 7888 for the tumbler. I just had to have the tumbler in Lego form. I bought 7737 because of the amount and variety of pieces in the set. 7621 I got because of all the nice tan pieces and the other random colored pieces in it. Those are pretty much the only sets that I've ever bought that I don't get for the minifigs. I just love those little guys! Oh, and I bought 10192 and 10186, not for the minifigs, but because they were on sale. :tongue:

I bought the at st for the vehicle (not the one in the endor bunker) for the at st because the driver wasnt that special. I also got the y wing for the ship because the rebel pilot is that great. The rest of my sets I probably did get for the minifigs.

I think so far, I've gotten, for the vehicles..

V-19

AT-AP

New tank droid

Slave 1

ISD

The figures are still a nice bonus.

AT-ST: a must have for an OT fan

Imperial Landing Craft: love those old school ships

Imperial Inspection: figs are more than awesome, but i like the ship too

but mainly i'm collecting the figs...

Almost every set that I've got I bought for the set and not just for the minifigures, except of course for the battlepacks and magnet sets.

(Real) exceptions:

- Dessert skiff (was a gift, but would have been one...)

- Naboo Swamp

Now that the prices have gone so high, and there aren't that many sets that interest me, I usually get Star Wars sets only when they are on sale, or from resale shops. However last year I did buy the Y-Wing #7658. I've always liked that vehicle, and it's lasted longer on my shelf than most sets.

I got set 6212 x-wing fighterand the v-wing bomber for the actual set but i think thats it for star wars sets but I did get set 6243 Brickbeards Bounty for the actual set.