Hi there!

As you probably know I'm an a middle of building Lancia Beta Monte Carlo in a rather big scale. You can see it here: http://www.eurobrick...opic=104575&hl=

In the mean time, while I'm waiting for new parts to arrive, I've started a new project.

It's a delivery van loosely based on Fiat Ducato (best blueprint I've found that matches).

So the goal is to have two L motors powering front wheel drive with independent suspension and floating axle on the back.

I've planned to put all engines on the back or under the seats but, as you can see below, everything fit perfectly in the front :sweet:

S3M9Txr.jpg

yQ3uf14.jpg

KhAGhmT.jpg

There was no plan on making fake engine, but the space between two L motors was begging for one :laugh:

uvyqsCG.jpg

Due to front wheel drive, rear axle is minimalistic as it can be. It's two link floating axle with pan hard rod (am I correct?).

MmLZCZ5.jpg

The floor looks really funky.. I have only ONE gray panel... will be having a lot more after the Arocs :wink:

sNcr4T3.jpg

Jbqfz07.jpg

Front axle is an old standard. It works well, but has a very large turning radius.

Also, it's pretty fast. So the turning radius works well with this speed.

I think that's all for today.

Edited by Ciapasty

Hey!

It's been a long time since I started this project.. But neverthelss it's finished!

On to the photos!

feYYIa0.jpg

8mZWfft.jpg

6I9L0RJ.jpg

TcRD3lP.jpg

F9H70sS.jpg

Then it comes to the technical stuff, I changed the gearing on L motor, because it was undrivable with all the weight from the body. This also led to swapping front suspension, to stronger yellow ones.

Due to this, the motors had to be moved, so the fake engine got ditched. Now it drives slower, but at least it does :wink: . There is an issue with small gears in differential. They tend to fall out of it when going backwards and turning. Has anyone got a solution for that in this suspension setup? Since it's a very common suspension, there should be something.

All the features and details are shown in the pictures. The front lights are just for the sake. I do not have my plates box with me here, so they look how they look :grin: The steering wheel does not work.

..aand there is nothing more special about it. It's just a regular car :tongue:

If you have any questions, please ask!

Looking cool! For the issue you have the solution is easy, you need to "trap" the axle connected to the gears of the differential (something similar used on the Arocs) then you can connect it to the wheels! You can use this part 59443

Anyway it deserve a tipping bed!!!

Nice looking van! What's wrong with the steering? I see links and gear is quite on a difference. Does it mean liftarms used in setup are too flexible and they rather bend than turn the wheels?

There was a problem, when axle slipped out of gears in differential. It happened because the axle was moving in the cardan ball. Adding one bush solved the problem :wink: