pinto4402

Marauder II

Howdy Battletech fans,

Check out this model of the Marauder II from Age of Destruction.

Marauder_IIC_AOD-33.jpg

For additional photos of this model, as well as 33 other mech models, check out www.brickmechs.com or click on my signature.

I don't play the game, but I recognize a good MOC when I see one! I love the shaping. All the different angles and curves mesh together beautifully. :wub:

I don't play the game, but I recognize a good MOC when I see one! I love the shaping. All the different angles and curves mesh together beautifully. :wub:

Thank you. I love this model, too, but it's not a MOC. It was designed by Primus on MLCad, but has never been built with physical LEGO bricks until now.

What is it today and AWESOME creations from people eh ? :laugh:

'pinto4402' you have one of best Battletech MOC's I have ever seen - I'll send my friend a link to this page....these are the machines he lives for ! :laugh:

This mech looks so stable and heavily armed....ouch you don't want him blasting your reactor or worse ! :devil:

Brick On 'pinto4402' ! :grin:

What is it today and AWESOME creations from people eh ? :laugh:

'pinto4402' you have one of best Battletech MOC's I have ever seen - I'll send my friend a link to this page....these are the machines he lives for ! :laugh:

This mech looks so stable and heavily armed....ouch you don't want him blasting your reactor or worse ! :devil:

Brick On 'pinto4402' ! :grin:

Fantastic. Maybe your friend can help me identify the exact variant of this Marauder model. He can post his thoughts on my site directly.

For being over 16 inches tall, it was actually very stable. Was very sad to take it apart (to build other mech models), but it will live on in photos.

No problem I'll just send him another email or chat and ask him.

Sad to hear it had a reactor meltdown and exploded into other MOC's ! :cry_sad::wink:

No problem I'll just send him another email or chat and ask him.

Sad to hear it had a reactor meltdown and exploded into other MOC's ! :cry_sad::wink:

Umm, it was "salvaged."

Not familiar with the game also, but it doesn't really take one to appreciate the level of awesomeness of this Battletech MOC. Every element of this build is simply beautiful (smooth surfaces, overall bulky intimidating look, effective color scheme). :wub:

Love it, well detailed and it looks, as it was already said, very stable.

I would like to see a pictures of the model, for comparison !

this is a great moc! :sweet: love the SNOT approach to it all. most defenitely one of the best i've seen in a long time!

It is a well executed design. I am glad to see someone has started building many of Primus' designs.

I would like to mention that Primus of Brick Commander aka Burkhard Schloemer works for The LEGO Group as a Digital Model Designer. At least I can say with certainty that he worked for TLG in 2008. I presume he's still employed there as of this date but I want to CMA in case he's left the company. He was working pretty heavily on the LEGO Universe MMORPG and I'm not sure what he's doing now.

Edit: If you're interested in what the original battlemech looked like you can find a picture from the tech readout here: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/File:Mad-6d_Marauder_ii.png

Edited by Tugarin

I have never heard of the game before but I do like Mechs. All I got to say is this is a beautiful peice of art. :thumbup::thumbup:

This is just awesome. I do play the games, and this is a very accurate representation of the Marauder II. Just amazingly cool. This is why I prefer Western-style mechs to the Japanese style. :thumbup:

Great job, I hope to see more from you!

Thanks to everyone for your feedback. Yes, I will be building more mechs (probably 100+). I already have over 33 models at Brickmechs.

Primus is still working at the LEGO group. I have been recently in contact with him. In fact, he sent me the plans for the Marauder II directly because it is not available for download at BrickCommander.

He thinks my goal of building each model on BrickCommander with physical LEGO bricks is overly ambitious, but has been supportive so far. Really nice guy.

Never played the game either but dang if that is not an impressively big Mech.

Nice mech Pinto. After a very long Google search (Long because this MOC had like the first 20 results so it took a while to find a good picture of the "real" one), it seems to be quite accurate to the original. At first glance, it actually looked more like concept art than a LEGO MOC. Didn't realize it was a MOC until I saw a few studs showing. I think the gun on the top might look a bit better if you used the version of those round parts that doesn't have the TECHNIC holes (Unless you used those to attach the gun to the top of the mech, then it might look better to put in some 1X1 round plates in the holes and have the anti-stud showing, either one would look cool). I like the way you hid the joints on the ankle area, but it doesn't look like the feet will be able to move much (Though that might be a good thing, since there might only be certain positions in which it can balance). How well does it balance anyway, can the legs be moved into other positions and still balance?

I am glad you put this design into real bricks. Well done. Too bad you could not keep it around for longer.

I look forward to seeing more of your work. :laugh:

Wow, this is a great battle machine! I wonder, is it fully articulated? Legs, arms ,torso and all that? It looks stable, but I'm particulary interested in joint connections (for legs and arms) because I'm always searching for a new and better ways to make robots, mechs and exo suits more flexible (but still stable).