Big Cam

The Dauntless by Obscurance

[pid][/pid] 117B

Flickr Member Obscurance has created a wonderful rendition of the Dauntless from the Pirates of the Carribean movie.

Check out his flickr account for more views. I'm impressed, leave Obscurance some nice comments and see if we can get this ship builder to join classic-pirates.com and share more Pirate MOC's.

If by chance you are already a member under a different name, please step forward and let me know.

5470759697_7b3965d0cf_z.jpg

Click the image for his Flickr account and leave a nice comment!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Yes I saw this and thought of posting it here. It looks great as its got that historical look but still has a lego cartoony feel as well. Although its not really accurate as a Dauntless replica, its still a nice ship and the fact that it all comes apart in different sections is great and adds a lot of playability. Obscurance should join, ive been scouring different places for a while now and getting people to join and quite a few have signed up so hopefully he'll join. I'd like to see more like this!

Edited by Derfel Cardarn

I saw this in Flickr about 2 weeks ago, but didnt feel like posting it here. Its a truly a wonderful ship whit a lots of great details, and its a great MOD from the orginal IFS.

Captain Becker

It is a great Moc and I really like the modular design, especially that you can see the decks on top of each other. Two things you could change to make it look more like the Dauntless would be to give it the yellow and black stripes on the sides and to change the stern. Right now the shape of the ship looks more like a galleon than a ship of the line. On a ship of the line, the cabins should be hanging over the rudder and flair out to the sides. This will give it more room for guns and a better appearance of a ship of the line.

Edited by Captain Grog

Thanks you Big Cam and guys, I've joined this great forum. I'll post some details about this ship later~

obscurance

Edited by AUDI.TW

This ship is fantastic, i really love the way it all comes apart like it does! It has the realism/lego feel balance perfectly. Nice find and welcome AUDI.TW!

WOW! Now THAT's a super ship! The colors and details are beautiful. The bow itself is spectacular. :thumbup:

"The Duantless is the power in these waters true enough, But no one can match the Interceptor for speed. I've heard of one, supposed to be very fast, nigh uncatchable: The Black Pearl."

Very VERY good job! It still amazes me at how much detail you can fit on one ship like that. I dunno how you do it! I wouldn't know where to begin!

Thanks you Big Cam and guys, I've joined this great forum. I'll post some details about this ship later~

obscurance

Excellent, Welcome to the forum!

That is a nice Flickr find indeed! It looks much like the IFS in terms of colours and gunport design and isn't realistic, but it has a nice feel to it! The stern decoration is also quite elaborate. Any chance the builder will join us? :pir_laugh2:

Thanks for finding this!