Captain Braunsfeld

[Ch. IV, Cat B, DK] I was a Mounted Ostrich Archer (In the Army Now)

After Ra'sh Fforh Whord had taken the Desert King's shilling and had joined the Mounted Ostrich Archers (MOA) TM - the Desert King's elite forces - life was not so easy for him:

800x545.jpg

Riding an ostrich was a difficult thing to do... requiring a lot of training lessons...

800x544.jpg

His first major task in the Kaliphlin Civil War was to guard a very important piece of the desert:

800x600.jpg

... he did reasonably well.

Then Ra'sh's military career started to blossom.

He became the best archer of the MOATM and received a prize, that was given to him by General Ra himself.

The precious moment was captured on canvas:

800x664.jpg

Later that day, a Ulandus spy was captured with the help of the painter - but that is a different story to be told on a different occasion.

800x607.jpg

The civil war raged on.

Ra'sh was freeing prisoners of war...

800x614.jpg

... and he was there when they stormed Xersia and Petraea (Ra'sh was highly impressed by the city's archicture) ...

800x911.jpg

After the war had ended Ra'sh left the army highly decorated and with all the pay he had been saving throughout the time.

He proposed to the King's Sorceress Nofrepatra and they got married.

With their savings they opened up a carpet trader shop (The "Rug'N'Roll") in Petraea, thus continuing the business his father had started long ago.

Ra'sh took a liking to dressing in light green, his wife kept her infamous sorceress wardrobe.

800x1051.jpg

Many friends from the times of the war came by to buy one of his precious carpets - the finest ones in all of Kaliphlin.

Ra'sh was happy to see his old sergeant again.

800x572.jpg

They all lived happily ever after.

800x1053.jpg

This closes the story of Ra'sh Fforh Whord and the Kaliphlin Civil war.

(I've been using 3 MOCs from CAT C together with 3 new ones).

@Ska: If you need to pick one pic for the voting, pls take the first one with the rug shop on it.

C&C welcome!

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
(pictures now on Bricksafe instead of flickr)

Great builds cap! I have to admit that most of the Guilds of historia lore goes over my head, but I still appreciate some quality MOCs and stories, especially that headlight usage on the last one (a technique that is super rare to see).

Edited by Dubbadgrim

The training scene is a unique concept. It does the job but a little more detailing of the base wouldn't hurt. I really like the different shapes of the desert scene and the cactus is nice. The facial expressions in the archery scene are perfect and I like all the arrows shot into the wall by the other archer. The carpet shop looks good in white and the architecture is nice. The headlight brick design makes a colorful contrast to the white and the different rug designs are brilliant. Our hero is smartly dressed in that green outfit; as for his wife's wardrobe, I do believe she lost it. I see this fountain has better pressure than the last one - is it for drinking, or taking a shower, or just decor? Good work as always.

Highly amusing story! I really laughed about the prize scene. You've done some pretty nice effects by using creative techniques. I especially love the blue and yellow wall using snot bricks. I will definitely remember this. I'm sure that goes well with Nocturnus red and gold. And I like the carpets a lot. Funny that I never realised the smiling soldier in all your cat c builds.

Really, I love your more humorous and bright style a lot. Totally different from the hard and dark Game Of Thrones style I'm used to in my stories and builds. I understand now why burning an assassin in your counter against marcu was too brutal for your taste.

Edited by Jacob Nion

*oh2* That headlight brick motive... It looks gorgeous :wub: !

:grin: Thanks!

The last build is stunning! The architecture and headlight brick pattern are fantastic :thumbup:

I wanted to close with something nice. :sweet:

Great builds cap! I have to admit that most of the Guilds of historia lore goes over my head, but I still appreciate some quality MOCs and stories, especially that headlight usage on the last one (a technique that is super rare to see).

Thanks - my intention was actually not to use bright yellow and bright blue, but it turned out that I did not have enough headlights in white or tan or ...

The training scene is a unique concept. It does the job but a little more detailing of the base wouldn't hurt. I really like the different shapes of the desert scene and the cactus is nice. The facial expressions in the archery scene are perfect and I like all the arrows shot into the wall by the other archer. The carpet shop looks good in white and the architecture is nice. The headlight brick design makes a colorful contrast to the white and the different rug designs are brilliant. Our hero is smartly dressed in that green outfit; as for his wife's wardrobe, I do believe she lost it. I see this fountain has better pressure than the last one - is it for drinking, or taking a shower, or just decor? Good work as always.

Thank you. :sweet:

You have a sharp eye once again. You've detected all the arrow errors of the left archer. :laugh:

The sorceress's wardrobe seems to be an area for concern. I will not reuse it in my Mitgardian MOCs :blush:

And the fountain is now what it should have been in the last MOC (Cat A). :grin:

You really do have a knack for architecture and color sir.

Yepp, :grin: , colours and colors, everything is fine!

Kaliphlin is all about colours/colors/"Farben".

Highly amusing story! I really laughed about the prize scene. You've done some pretty nice effects by using creative techniques. I especially love the blue and yellow wall using snot bricks. I will definitely remember this. I'm sure that goes well with Nocturnus red and gold. And I like the carpets a lot. Funny that I never realised the smiling soldier in all your cat c builds.

Really, I love your more humorous and bright style a lot. Totally different from the hard and dark Game Of Thrones style I'm used to in my stories and builds. I understand now why burning an assassin in your counter against marcu was too brutal for your taste.

Thanks!

"red and gold" - that might work out well (but are there "headlight bricks" in gold?).

The smiling guy allowed me to tell this final story. It was not clear from the start that the final chapter would be about him.

Having a humorous style is key for me - and fun!

The combination of several styles makes GoH interesting and keeps it alive.

Nice scenes, and I think I like the final build the most :classic:

Captain Braunsfeld, I also like variety and humor. So don't drop the sorceress' wardrobe on my account; I was trying to be funny and besides, you're hardly the first to try the scantily-clad approach in GoH. Use it if you want - there are other things to catch the eye, like that shiny gold ingot...

Nice scenes, and I think I like the final build the most :classic:

Thanks, fine - that's how it was intended!

Captain Braunsfeld, I also like variety and humor. So don't drop the sorceress' wardrobe on my account; I was trying to be funny and besides, you're hardly the first to try the scantily-clad approach in GoH. Use it if you want - there are other things to catch the eye, like that shiny gold ingot...

No worries - I'll make use of that "princess Leia" if it fits.

What I meant to say was that she would not look good in one of those new "beacon" MOCs with gray rocks and snow...

(I'd give her a coat!)

I like your story and I like how your builds are nice and bright :thumbup:

Nice job Captain! I love all of your kaliphlin architecture and those awesome patterns and designs, especially in that Rug and Roll build. Great job! :thumbup:

Wow, I really love all your MOCs :classic: . The architecture is very nice and the posing of the minifigures is great, too :thumbup:

Superb grouping of builds, and a wonderful amusing storyline to accompany it :laugh: Love the arrows and painting in the archery build :thumbup:

And the architecture in the carpet shop build is superb :wub:

I like your story and I like how your builds are nice and bright :thumbup:

Thanks - Kaliphlin is about bright colours!

Nice job Captain! I love all of your kaliphlin architecture and those awesome patterns and designs, especially in that Rug and Roll build. Great job! :thumbup:

Thanks - I was happy to have those old blue letter bricks for the "Rug and Roll".

Wow, I really love all your MOCs :classic: . The architecture is very nice and the posing of the minifigures is great, too :thumbup:

Muchas gracias.

Superb grouping of builds, and a wonderful amusing storyline to accompany it :laugh: Love the arrows and painting in the archery build :thumbup:

And the architecture in the carpet shop build is superb :wub:

The painting was fun to do :laugh:

Thanks that I could add to the Kaliplinian style.