Gen. Knowledge

Pictures of my army as it stands today.

-UPDATE- I have newer pictures of my army in another thread HERE.

**Opps, I just realized I violated the photo posting guidelines buy having my pictures too big, so I scaled then down for this post. If you want to see these or any other pictures I have at full size, click HERE.**

Hello, I've been spending so much time on this forum lately. There is so much to see and so much to catch up on. It seems like the discussions aren't as exciting as they were a year ago. I really like seeing other peoples creations and ARMIES! So I thought I would showcase my army. I'm being a little premature because it is not at full strength yet. My entire artillery company and some of my blue and red coats are headless so I kept them out of the picture. My Dragoons are not mounted on their horses. And 98% are not armed right now. I haven't come up with a flag for them yet either.

With all that in mind, I hope you all enjoy the pictures.

2733307719_9c98b4a3fd.jpg

1st Platoon, A-Company going for a walk in the backyard earlier this evening.

2734159492_e251975de6.jpg

1st Platoon, A-Company

A closer look at their Sergeant.

2733344709_f0616bf204.jpg

Overview of General Knowledge's Brigade.

2733347089_361451e9ea.jpg

For those like me that like to count.

2734177462_9f0beb4166.jpg

Imperial Infantry

2734183846_3f9249fdb1.jpg

Imperial Dragoons

2733364199_e7066bf5e0.jpg

Imperial Foot Guards

2734187762_c9dd47770c.jpg

High Command with Home Guards

2734198058_28c1c9292e.jpg

One more overview.

The breakdown:

207 Imperial Infantry (white pith)

43 Imperial Infantry (waiting for white pith, but wearing black 3-pointed hats)

60 Imperial Foot Guards (assigned to protect Brigadier General Knowledge)

30 Imperial Dragoons

2 Imperial Home Guards (assigned to protect BGen. Knowledge)

8 Lieutenants

2 Captains

1 Major

1 Colonel

1 Brigadier General

---

355 total shown

Not shown:

45 Imperial Artillery Troops (headless and helmet less)

20 Imperial Foot Guards (headless)

2 Imperial Infantry (headless)

1 Lieutenant (headless)

3 Captains (headless)

1 Major(headless)

---

72 waiting for heads

---

427 grand total

I know the question is going to come up, so here is my goal...

My goal is to have 3 Companies with 4 Platoons each. Each Platoon will have 29 Foot soldiers, 1 Sergeant, and 1 Lieutenant. Each Company will have a Major or Captain in command with a Captain or 1st Lieutenant as second. So 31(Soldiers)x4(Platoons)+2(Senior Officers)=126(per Company)x3(Companies)=378 Imperial Infantry.

I also want a Company of Imperial Foot Guards = 126 total

One Company of Imperial Dragoons = 126 total

Two Companies or Artillery = 62 total (One company of artillery contains 5 cannons (4 soldier, 1 Sergeant, 1 Lieutenant each cannon) and a Major or Captain per company)

I will also have a Medical Company with 20 stretcher bearers/male nurses, 10 surgeons, and 1 Chief Medical Officer = 31

Then there will be two Companies from Logistics for transportation and cooking. 19 chefs, 1 head chef, 38 supply personnel, 2 Lieutenants, and 1 Captain = 61

Lastly there is the Brigadier General and his command staff of 1 Colonel, 1 Major, 2 Captains, 1 Sergeant Major, and 10 Home Guards = 16

So my goal for this Brigade is 800 personnel. So it looks like I am only about half way there...

**UPDATE - I just read that a brigade consist of 3-5 thousand personnel. There is no way I will be able to obtain 3-5k men :pir-cry_sad: **

Any comments or suggestions? Keep in mind this brigade is not based on any factual army form any country. This is strictly the Army of the Imperial Empire. Their mandate is to bring all minifigs under the Crown's rule and to civilize everyone through peace or force... :pir-laugh:

Tony

Edited by Gen. Knowledge

Gen. Knowledge, outstanding supereme Imperial Army of the Empire. The last time I had ever hold in awe was Bonaparte's Napoleon army. :pir-sweet:

It's really impressive. I am very sure you are able to fufill your dream by completing your goal. Do you always keep your armies on display? How long did yo take to acquire such a huge army? I, myself is an army builder for medival age. However, I am still not ready to show my display as it's still look quite a small army :pir-laugh:

I am glad you enjoyed EB experience so far. Although past discussion are rich in content and quality, but there are still good discussions lying around in here and the rest of the forums. Do take your time and explore.

Hello, I've been spending so much time on this forum lately. There is so much to see and so much to catch up on. It seems like the discussions aren't as exciting as they were a year ago. I really like seeing other peoples creations and ARMIES! So I thought I would showcase my army. I'm being a little premature because it is not at full strength yet. My entire artillery company and some of my blue and red coats are headless so I kept them out of the picture. My Dragoons are not mounted on their horses. And 98% are not armed right now. I haven't come up with a flag for them yet either.

-snip-

Wow ,that's BIG and must have costed a lot of money !!!

I only have 14 redcoats and 17 bluecoats.

W.O.W :pir-oh:

I think it's one of the biggest Lego armies I've ever seen! I specially like how you've done the imperial infantry with that colonial style, and absolutely love the two first shots you've made of them :pir-wub:

You can be really proud! :thumbup:

Gen. Knowledge, outstanding supereme Imperial Army of the Empire. The last time I had ever hold in awe was Bonaparte's Napoleon army. :pir-sweet:

It's really impressive. I am very sure you are able to fufill your dream by completing your goal. Do you always keep your armies on display? How long did yo take to acquire such a huge army? I, myself is an army builder for medival age. However, I am still not ready to show my display as it's still look quite a small army :pir-laugh:

I am glad you enjoyed EB experience so far. Although past discussion are rich in content and quality, but there are still good discussions lying around in here and the rest of the forums. Do take your time and explore.

Hello WhiteFang,

Thanks for the comment. I do not keep my army on display. They are lined up on the baseplate, but hidden from prying eyes. I have a 5 year old nephew that would love to get a hold of my army. To tell you the truth, I lost my whole Lego collection over 10 years ago. After we took my nephew and niece to LegoLand in mid June of this year, I started to feel the ich again. I only had 5 Imperial Guards, but seeing all the armies EB, MOCpages, and Flickr members had inspired me to build my own army. Almost 2 months later I have over 400 soldier for my Imperial Empire, over 500 Star Wars Minifigs, and all the Batman and Spiderman sets along with an upset wife. I guess I'm having a mid-life crisis...

Tony

That's quite a fine army you have General Knowledge!

How did you manage to amass such a grand army?

BL is my new favorite place to go on the internet. I will bid on eBay every once in a while if there is something good.

W.O.W :pir-oh:

I think it's one of the biggest Lego armies I've ever seen! I specially like how you've done the imperial infantry with that colonial style, and absolutely love the two first shots you've made of them :pir-wub:

You can be really proud! :thumbup:

Thanks BlueBard!

This is an excellent army Gen. Knowledge! I can see it developing into a very realistic army (not that it isn't already) once you add all the supporting troops. 2 months to buy all of that must of really hurt your wallet - I know because I only came out my dark ages in January and have already doubled the size of my collection! Thankfully my fiancee is very understanding!

My one question is: where did you get all those pith helmets? I am too creating a 19th century army (which will never match this in size - it will only ever be 80-90 troops including supporting roles) and need white pith helmets. I have tried Bricklink - but there seems to be a real shortage recently - did you buy yours from Bricklink? If so, then that would explain it!

By the way, love the image from Zulu Dawn in your sig - that's one of my favourite films and the very war (Anglo-Zulu) that my army is based on!

Nice army, something I have never seen for this kind of army was a building, I ask you why? Barracks? A gun-smith-thing? A artillery Depo?

Well.. I am out of ideas... :pir-tongue:

Good luck reaching your goal of 800! Feel free to show some pictures of your SW armies! :pir-classic:

Stauder.

Hello WhiteFang,

Thanks for the comment. I do not keep my army on display. They are lined up on the baseplate, but hidden from prying eyes. I have a 5 year old nephew that would love to get a hold of my army. To tell you the truth, I lost my whole Lego collection over 10 years ago. After we took my nephew and niece to LegoLand in mid June of this year, I started to feel the ich again. I only had 5 Imperial Guards, but seeing all the armies EB, MOCpages, and Flickr members had inspired me to build my own army. Almost 2 months later I have over 400 soldier for my Imperial Empire, over 500 Star Wars Minifigs, and all the Batman and Spiderman sets along with an upset wife. I guess I'm having a mid-life crisis...

Tony

Wow, that army looks great! Love the emperial feel to it. you've collected all this since mid June? You're comming out of your dark-ages with a bang. :pir-wink:

Hopefully your wife will turn around. It's an innocent hobby, I mean it's not like you're burning your money on gambling or alcohol and you can always sell on bricklink or ebay. :pir-classic:

This is an excellent army Gen. Knowledge! I can see it developing into a very realistic army (not that it isn't already) once you add all the supporting troops. 2 months to buy all of that must of really hurt your wallet - I know because I only came out my dark ages in January and have already doubled the size of my collection! Thankfully my fiancee is very understanding!

My one question is: where did you get all those pith helmets? I am too creating a 19th century army (which will never match this in size - it will only ever be 80-90 troops including supporting roles) and need white pith helmets. I have tried Bricklink - but there seems to be a real shortage recently - did you buy yours from Bricklink? If so, then that would explain it!

By the way, love the image from Zulu Dawn in your sig - that's one of my favourite films and the very war (Anglo-Zulu) that my army is based on!

Hello Basiliscus,

Thanks for the comment. My army is actually based a lot on Lord Chelmsford's Column. My goal was to build up an army of minifigs and re-create scenes from the movie Zulu Dawn. I made a couple test shoots, and realized it is a lot of work making a stop-motion movie, so I'm giving it up. It would have also been expensive to put together all the Zulu warriors.

Pith helmets, yes there is a shortage. :pir_bawling: I buy mine off BL 4-5 helmets at a time. After a while it adds up. I'm waiting for this person to sell off his piths. Click Here Don't make too much noise about pith helmets or else the price will go up like shakos. :wink:

Nice army, something I have never seen for this kind of army was a building, I ask you why? Barracks? A gun-smith-thing? A artillery Depo?

Well.. I am out of ideas... :pir-tongue:

Good luck reaching your goal of 800! Feel free to show some pictures of your SW armies! :pir-classic:

Stauder.

Hi Stauder,

I have a coastal fort in the works for this army, and an idea for a large barracks. SW will have to wait while I'm on my 18-19th Century Imperial Empire fix. But an Imperial Empire of the future is in the works as well. I'm just buying up Stormtroopers right now so I won't have to buy them off BL at a premium later.

Wow, that army looks great! Love the emperial feel to it. you've collected all this since mid June? You're comming out of your dark-ages with a bang. :pir-wink:

Hopefully your wife will turn around. It's an innocent hobby, I mean it's not like you're burning your money on gambling or alcohol and you can always sell on bricklink or ebay. :pir-classic:

Thanks Teddy,

Sell? Are you kidding me? :pir-laugh: That's how I got myself in this situation in the first place. If I didn't loose my Lego collection over 10 years ago, I would have a huge Black Falcon army (my next endeavor), along with a couple hundred more Imperial Guards and Soldier. :pir_bawling: My wife on the other hand looks at me like I've gone off the deep end of the pool. She doesn't understand why I still like to play with Lego. Last week my sister's family came to visit, and my wife almost gave my soldiers to my niece and nephew to play with. :wacko:

Thanks Teddy,

Sell? Are you kidding me? :pir-laugh: That's how I got myself in this situation in the first place. If I didn't loose my Lego collection over 10 years ago, I would have a huge Black Falcon army (my next endeavor), along with a couple hundred more Imperial Guards and Soldier. :pir_bawling: My wife on the other hand looks at me like I've gone off the deep end of the pool. She doesn't understand why I still like to play with Lego. Last week my sister's family came to visit, and my wife almost gave my soldiers to my niece and nephew to play with. :wacko:

Hi Gen.Knowledge,

almost gave them to your niece and nephew to play with. :pir-oh:

You poor guy. Does she know the price per mini-fig these days?

Okay I know it are childrens toys, but they just don't make those soldiers torsos anymore. :pir-cry_sad:

So they are more like collectables nowadays, which should be handled with care.

Luckely I already came from my dark-ages before me and my girlfriend started to live together.

So now we have a seperate room where I store and display my lego, which can be locked.

The room also doubles as a study room. :pir-classic:

It might help to take her to a lego event and meet other adult fans.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Hi Gen.Knowledge,

almost gave them to your niece and nephew to play with. :pir-oh:

You poor guy. Does she know the price per mini-fig these days?

Okay I know it are childrens toys, but they just don't make those soldiers torsos anymore. :pir-cry_sad:

So they are more like collectables nowadays, which should be handled with care.

Luckely I already came from my dark-ages before me and my girlfriend started to live together.

So now we have a seperate room where I store and display my lego, which can be locked.

The room also doubles as a study room. :pir-classic:

It might help to take her to a lego event and meet other adult fans.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Hi Teddy,

I brought it up a few days ago. I asked if she wanted to go to BrickCon in Seattle, Washington. She looked at me in anger and just said "are you serious?" :blush: She didn't even like LegoLand. She spent the second day at the outlet stores. LegoLand was a bit of a disappointment though. I was expecting to come away with a huge amount of exclusive stuff, but there really wasn't anything good. I did get a cool t-shirt that I am embarrassed to wear. And I got my wife a yellow smiling minifig shirt she wears to bed.

Hello WhiteFang,

You sure keep your collection very well. It must be your past experience that had nuture you to be much careful. It's sad to hear that you had lost your entire LEGO Collection. I am very glad that you managed to stand up again and leave the Dark Age behind. Your army collection is really very impressive. As a minifig collector myself, I am always amazed by the numbers.

Hope you will tide through your crisis and may things be much better. I do face the same problem as you, as my girlfriend impose embargo on my goods.

Hello Basiliscus,

Thanks for the comment. My army is actually based a lot on Lord Chelmsford's Column. My goal was to build up an army of minifigs and re-create scenes from the movie Zulu Dawn. I made a couple test shoots, and realized it is a lot of work making a stop-motion movie, so I'm giving it up. It would have also been expensive to put together all the Zulu warriors.

Pith helmets, yes there is a shortage. :pir_bawling: I buy mine off BL 4-5 helmets at a time. After a while it adds up. I'm waiting for this person to sell off his piths. Click Here Don't make too much noise about pith helmets or else the price will go up like shakos. :wink:

I actually have an army of Zulu's I am assembling, at present I have approximately 120. I also have some for the Natal Native Contingent and Natal Native Horse. I don't want to say to much as it is off-topic, but I have sent you a PM!

That guy is David Tabner (he is a member of the Brickish association) - his army is also very impressive (much like yours) although his is based on the time-frame after the British adopted khaki slightly later in the century. If he ever sells his pith helmets, you and I will have a field-day!

That is the problem I have with piths - no one seller ever has them in more than approximately 10 at a time.

Hi Teddy,

I brought it up a few days ago. I asked if she wanted to go to BrickCon in Seattle, Washington. She looked at me in anger and just said "are you serious?" :blush: She didn't even like LegoLand. She spent the second day at the outlet stores. LegoLand was a bit of a disappointment though. I was expecting to come away with a huge amount of exclusive stuff, but there really wasn't anything good. I did get a cool t-shirt that I am embarrassed to wear. And I got my wife a yellow smiling minifig shirt she wears to bed.

Hi General Knowledge,

sorry to hear your wife isn't interested in spending time with you at the BrickCon. A trick which worked for me is to bargain. So ask her to go to a lego event and then ask her what she wants to do with you in return. But realy start with suggesting the lego event, because else she might feel tricked into something. :pir-wink:

Is there some lego event near you in the near future which makes a visit less of a hasle? (I always hate waiting at an airport. Prefer travel by car or train. )

Another trick is to see if you can combine her holliday ideas with a visit to a lego event, again barganing... But if she likes it there it is worth the hastle.

Sorry to hear Legoland California is no good. I will spend some time in California next year and was looking forward to visiting Legoland there. It still might be a good deal for me since lego prices are half in the US compared to the Netherlands due to the exchange rate of the Euro. Is their other collection any good? Their pick a brick wall for example? Well I hope you can convince her to spend some time with you at a lego event, although you might have to do a visit you dislike yourself.

Kind regards,

Teddy

But can they stand against my 950 pirates?

Looks like your pirates are afflicted with the same brick pattern baldness a lot of my men are experiencing. :laugh: Do you have any pictures of your 950 pirates?

geisha_4.jpg

Tony

Hey, I've fixed that issue with the Geisha sailors years ago...

geisha25.png

But yeah, the majority of my pirates fit a general description: Red/white striped shirt, standard scruffy pirate head, and pants in sand green, sand red, or light blue. The reason for this is that the torso + head combination were bought from the BULK LEGO Bricklink store (torquay's) by the hundreds, along with the legs. Since the bandannas are expensive, I don't have enough to put headgear on all of them. I am working on increasing the variety.

Currently I have no pictures of them all together. I would love to take that picture, though! Unfortunately much of my Lego are up at my parents' house for the moment (wouldn't fit in my car when I moved) and I probably won't be able to get them until a major holiday, since I live a 12-hour drive away.

I'll be sure to post them when I can!

This is a wonderful army Lord General. I just love the combination of those white helmets with the imperial guards torso. It works very well and looks fantastic. And these helmets are so much less expensive than the shako's which makes them well suited for big Lego armies.

My only suggestion is for adding some paper flags to improve the overall look of the army.

Now all you need is some Zulu's and the war can begin. But be careful and don't make the same mistakes as the British at the Battle of Isandlwana :pir-wink:

This is a wonderful army Lord General. I just love the combination of those white helmets with the imperial guards torso. I work very well and looks fantastic. And these helmets are so much less expensive than the shako's which makes them well suited for big Lego armies.

My only suggestion is for adding some paper flags to improve the overall look of the army.

Now all you need is some Zulu's and the war can begin. But be careful and don't make the same mistakes as the British at the Battle of Isandlwana :pir-wink:

Thank you Emperor Bonaparte. I will be designing a flag for my army soon. I just made another major change to my army, and I'm excited to see how it comes out. I also have a script for a comic and some ideas for MOCs in the works. I'm hoping to have my army at full strength before the month's end, but there have been delays from supplies and organizational changes.

My goal of obtaining 378 Imperial Guards has been made harder because I now need 480. These Imperial Guards are very illusive and expensive. The weak US dollar is not helping. I guess all I can do is buy them 4-5 at a time on eBay.

Imperial Soldiers on the other hand, I have too many (if having too many is possible) of. I only need 240 of them, but it seems like I have close to 300 and counting. I'm thinking I may have to reverse there rolls if I can't find more Guards.

I just bought some torso stickers off Bricklink, so if it works out, my Command Staff, Home Guards, and Artillery company will look much different and be much larger.

Tony

Impressive army, I like the Zulu look myself.

The South Essex (SAH!) is, unfortunately, only half that size but its more dedicated to being a Napoleonic army, so thats my fault. But well done on making an impressive army. Very detailed as well :pir-classic: