Sign in to follow this  
MikeyB

Posted Notice

sheriff1-M.jpg

The Sheriff of Avalonia nailed a notice onto a post as a man and his son looked on. The soldiers stood by but hadn't been needed on the tour into the Circardian wilds. Most the new citizens paid them no real notice other than a curious glance.

By decree of Artorious Rex, and as notice to all; the lands of west of the Isca River to the coast of the Inland Lake, South of the Lleyln River to the coast of the Enchanted Forest Island, from hence forth here-by known as Circardia and ruled by Lord Arlindus, Lord of Circardia and Captain of the Phoenix Guard.

All new citizens of Circardia will receive all rights, privileges and protection as sovereign lands of Avalonia.

In return, citizens will be expected to obey the laws of the land set forth by the Lord of Circardia.

Any grievances can be addressed directly to Lord Arlindus in the Hamlet of Circardia.

sheriff3-M.jpg

sheriff4-M.jpg

“What does it mean, Da?”

“Not much son, new Lords come can go. But for us in the wilds, it affects us little. We have too little for most to concern themselves with us.”

“We will continue to hunt and fish. We will plant our meager crops and tend to our small flocks.”

“It will take someone special to change the way we have lived for years.”

sheriff5-M.jpg

Hi res photos here

http://mikey.smugmug.com/Other/Lego-MOC/20210181_Wcn3cX#!i=2125148630&k=Pb6JHVs

As always critics and comments welcome!

Edited by MikeyB

Excellent MOC! I love how the house is built into the hill, and looks closer to a hovel than a homestead. I also like the use of the hammer to nail up the sign and the use of the round plate to make the father taller. Very nice overall scenery as well. Great job!

Nice work, great idea to have the guy hammering up the notice! :thumbup:

Nicely done. I like the father's explanation. Your control of the peasants might be a bit more tenuous than you'd hoped. :classic:

Really good brick-built stag's head (or cow's skull)!

thanks for the comments guys.

@rouge

I was going for something along hovel come homestead come shelter for the house. I was trying for a thatched roof of sorts. hope that came off.

@kai

The sheriff nailing up the notice was the spark that I built the MOC around. Most the time I start small like that and build out from there.

@NM

glad you noticed the Deer skull, I was pretty proud of them and I imagine they will pop up in my builds from time to time!

Most the citizens of Circardia are an independent sort. It is known as place for those looking to start over and forget their past, for one reason or another.

Lord Arlindus doesn't judge based on ones past, only their deeds and actions since settling in Circardia, the same goes for the Wild Ones.

or at least thats my story ;)

Edited by MikeyB

. . . @kai

The sheriff nailing up the notice was the spark that I built the MOC around. Most the time I start small like that and build out from there.

@NM

glad you noticed the Deer skull, I was pretty proud of them and I imagine they will pop up in my builds from time to time! . . .

I noticed the Deer skull as well (great job, I'll have to get a few of those white showshoes or whatever), just. . . after I comented. :laugh:

Edited by Kai NRG

Very nice scene! I like the roof of the hut a lot and the landscaping is excellent, great fig posing too :thumbup: