ACPin

Lego Retail Stores

There are different layouts for the retail stores and some have their own regional distinct/unique flavor for their displays.

Since it's going to be an impossible task to actually go through each store plus some of the displays change throughout the year,

I'd like to see what else everyone has and can share from their own areas.

As an example, here's the Pick-A-Brick wall from the NYC Rockefeller store.

6105183630_2e5e363314_z.jpg

AC

PS. Mods please move this to the appropriate forum if needed as I really don't know where to post this except here.

Edited by ACPin

Mall I went to lately isn't very good anymore. The wall is the same, but they switched from containers(3 sections or so and 2 of them) that made the checkout look great to vertical set ups(imagine sorta small book cases w/ the bottom w/o shelves to hang keychains and a shelf higher up with a plexiglass thing to keep series 5 figures from falling that look terrible.

Then the minifigure bin went from vertical containers that made it look great and kept minifigures more or less seperated to two squares stacked, 4 sections to a side vertical set up and it was almost impossible to find anything while I was out there about a week and a half ago PLUS a lot of stuff was scrambled. plus I had to kneel down half the time to find anything. The bins on the old set up was fine for my height but the new ones are terrible. Here's the thing: I'd understand if i was tall but i'm only in the ballpark of 5 feet, 7 inches.

unless we're out that direction around the time of new minifigures being released, I don't see myself wanting to go again. It's not just that i'm haulting lego buying b/c of the 3DS upgrade rumors and i'm entering a weird semi-dark age thingy, it's also b/c of the set up. The store went from looking like a wonderful, well established store to a store that looks like either a brand new or a store on the verge of slimming down the stuff to go out of business.

Do you have any pictures and are there any unique store displays/mosaics?

AC

There really wasn't anything that special or unique. it was a lot like just a boring generic layout. There were the models on display people made but nothing besides that.

Which store was this?

I will edit with some pics as soon as I can.

I know some of the local folks have pictures of the Mall of America (MoA, in Minnesota) LEGO Imagination Center over on Flickr, both pre and post Remodel. The two biggest most impressive display's to me are the gaint Mecha (manned robot) on the top and the version of Brickley that basically runs the length of one side of the store.

Some cool stuff from the Rockefeller Lego Store, NYC...

4747178965_06cef08001_z.jpg

4747247413_89d5216964_z.jpg

4747907252_f02e9c42c2_z.jpg

4747259205_d4a8f27e00_z.jpg

4959057280_c7f26872f9_z.jpg

Lego Building Event Queens Center Mall, Elmhurst Queens, New York.

8ft. tall R2-D2...

4784656531_6087a5581d_z.jpg

A couple more from the Queens Store (from various times the past year or so. Kai at 6ft. tall the most recent Build Event...)

6102070270_56340bf16d_z.jpg

4716301168_83af09d3ec_z.jpg

5134110465_c009ac18c8_z.jpg

Some cool stuff from the Rockefeller Lego Store, NYC...

4747178965_06cef08001_z.jpg

That art deco piece is fantastic! A great interpretation of the original.

Damn, I was just at the Mall of America store last weekend. I was sitting in the foodcourt on the 3rd floor thinking I should take some pictures, that gundam is over 3 stories tall and they have a cool agents display.

I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures now.

Wow. That Rockefeller PAB wall is impressive. And those other large sculptures are cool, too.

My local Lego store is the Santa Clara, CA location. It's a pretty small space - always packed on the weekends etc. I'll try and take some photos the next time I go. Here's some shots from the official page (and another from Yelp):

http://stores.lego.com/en-us/Santaclara/LandingPage.aspx

pic4ACD268BE3242B23D9C47D5B22605BE8.jpg

pic4BF065CA0F45D08270FA933E4B080691.jpg

l.jpg

If you can make it out there, they have little cubbys with tiny circular windows where you can peer through and see a little setup. There's stuff like brick-built people, or some hodge-podge minifigures. There are a couple of larger display cases where they show off stuff like the super star destroyer or the Grand Emporium. But I haven't seen any very large works of art there, nothing larger than a cubic meter or so.

I'll try and get some pics from my local store the next time I'm over there. We have those cubby displays too, along with the giant LEGO Dragon in the lake up front. I think there was a full-size Tahu, not sure if it's still up...

Damn, I was just at the Mall of America store last weekend. I was sitting in the foodcourt on the 3rd floor thinking I should take some pictures, that gundam is over 3 stories tall and they have a cool agents display.

I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures now.

I'm too lazy to dig out links but I know there's at least a few pics of the MoA LIC Mecha on Flickr. MoA, LIC or perhaps TwinLug would be good tags to search under...

The MoA store also has those cubby's.

Which store was this?

I will edit with some pics as soon as I can.

Rockefeller Center NYC.

Any of you ever seen the minifigure wall at Orlando?

-snip-

I might have seen another pic of it before but have never seen it myself.

I've been to the Yoda building event in Bridgewater NJ and got a certificate for it but forgot to take pics. :sad:

Keep those pics coming and share links of the other stores that you're aware about!

AC

Lego store at Bridgewater Mall, New Jersey

z-hothlegostoredisplay_a08_020.jpg_thumb.jpg z-hothlegostoredisplay_a09_019.jpg_thumb.jpg z-hothlegostoredisplay_a05_010.jpg_thumb.jpg

Pics were taken in 2008 when my MOC was on display.

AC

Apparently, my store is crap compared to everyone else's.

Don't you dare to complain! There isn't a single official Lego store here. :cry_sad: All we've got is resellers who double up all prices, have no pick-a-bricks, and have no awesome sets as that Super Star Destroyer assembled.

You should all feel very lucky. :grin:

You should all feel very lucky. :grin:

I do... lucky to have the crappiest LEGO Store instead of none - believe me, I do feel lucky. I mean, I came out of my dark ages... and lo-and-behold, there's a LEGO store 20 minutes away. Not bad.

I do... lucky to have the crappiest LEGO Store instead of none - believe me, I do feel lucky. I mean, I came out of my dark ages... and lo-and-behold, there's a LEGO store 20 minutes away. Not bad.

I don't think there is such a thing as a crappy Lego store. :classic:

Hehehe, that sounds like you were very lucky indeed.

This is the same dragon which wraps around in the NYC Rockefeller store.

img_1678.jpg_thumb.jpg

AC