I know a lot of people were looking forward to the Elrond minifigure, but it appears it no longer will be available and all of them they had in stock were sent out with the Nintendo DS/Ps Vita pre-orders that shipped Oct 30. Here are the e-mails I received from Gamestop when I inquired about the minifigure:

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

Regrettably the Elrond figure was a While Supplies Last item and we no longer have any more figures to provide for the console/PC versions of the games being released next week. Our apologies for any inconvenience.

If you have any additional questions, you can respond to this email; or if you prefer to speak to someone directly, you can reach us 7 days a week 8am to 8pm at 800-883-8895.

Best Regards,

Scott

GameStop Customer Service

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Nov 7, 2012 12:52:04 PM

Subject: RE: I have a question about a specific product

Can you tell me if the supply is currently depleted for the minfiigure bonus like has been rumored, or if you will be getting more in when the Xbox/PS3/Wii/PC versions are released? When I placed my order the pre-order bonus was still being advertised but now it is not. Is there any way to know whether I will be receiving one or not?

Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 10:48:06 -0800

To:

Subject: RE: I have a question about a specific product

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

All free bonus items are advertised as limited in supply and are issued on a first come first serve basis. Unfortunately we are unable to guarantee that all customers will receive these free items. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have additional questions, we are here for you. You can respond to this email, or if you prefer to speak to someone directly, you can reach us 7 days a week 8am ? 8pm at 800-883-8895.

Best Regards,

Ebbo

GameStop Customer Service

Sent: Nov 7, 2012 10:29:03 AM

Subject: I have a question about a specific product

I was recently browsing a forum and I noticed a number of people saying they did not receive the advertised Lego Elrond minifigure with their Lego Lord of the Rings DS and Vita video game pre-orders that were released on 10/30/2012. I am writing to inquire whether or not my PC version, which I pre-ordered a month ago, would include the minifigure as that was a big selling point for me. I ordered the PC Lego Lord of the Rings game and it was advertised as having the Elrond minifigure bonus at time of purchase. I want to ensure I will actually be receiving the minifigures. If not I will need to cancel my order.

Unless this employee was horribly misinformed and they will be getting in another shipment, it seems they have no more Elrond minifigures to send out when the console and PC versions of the game ship next week. I mentioned this possible dilemma in the Elrond Designer video thread because I first noticed people claiming they were not recieving the minifigure with their DS/Vita pre-orders on another forum.

If this info is right, this seems incredibly sloppy to me. People who ordered the PC version and consol version of the game didn't even have a shot at the minifigure. Thoughts?

Edited by Deathleech

Wow. That sucks. I guess if you pre-ordered and don't get the Elrond minifig when the game is released, you should just return it and wait for it to go on sale for the holidays.

Edited by kumabot

Luckily I bought the figure for around $30 off eBay. I know its a lot of money for one fig, but he isn't likely to appear in any sets, so it seems worth it.

Luckily I bought the figure for around $30 off eBay. I know its a lot of money for one fig, but he isn't likely to appear in any sets, so it seems worth it.

That's what I plan on doing. Plus, you actually got it cheap(relatively). If you buy the game you'll be spending at least $40 I'm sure. So it's actually cheaper to just buy Elrond, if you're not interested in the game, that is.

You could of bought the DS, Vita, or PC versions for $30 so it's not really cheaper... :cry_sad:

I ended up getting mine off eBay for $25. Not bad considering the lowest buy out price is around $38 now. If the Gamestop guy was right and they have no more minifigs that price is only going to sky rocket next week when everyone who pre-ordered gets their game and finds out they won't be getting the Elron minifigure. It's really a crappy situation all around. How there weren't enough Elrond minifigs to even fill all the DS/Vita pre-orders, let alone the console and PC versions is beyond me.

I pre-ordered the Wii version three weeks ago. No email telling me I won't get the Elrond fig, so hopefully they recently ran out.

I plan on just waiting till the game goes down to around 10 bucks and then picking it up. That way I will have ended up spending about the same as I would of for the pre-order and still got the game and Elrond minifig.

Buy the figure from eBay and get the cracked version of the game! That's what I'm doing - not proud of it - but it's not fair not everyone has the same possibilities for getting the minifigure (country they live in or the system they run the game on vise). I really don't get these economics, all they're achieving this way is skyrocketing after market prices for the figure and that's not even the money they're getting. It's so confusing some times :S

Edited by MstrOfPppts

Well that is quite disturbing news... I e-mailed them immediately to inquire about the topic. Well, if it's not included, there's no reason to buy the game. Any news about the Belgian site where you could also get the minifig?

I pre-ordered on Amazon. So I am pretty sure I'll get the Elrond minifig.

Just to clarify this is in the U.S. where the minifigure was only available at GameStop :(

Just to clarify this is in the U.S. where the minifigure was only available at GameStop :(

Ah ok. That info should have been in the first post :) But too bad for those who pre-ordered the game because of the figure. From what I heard, GameStop is pretty lame anyway.

Ah ok. That info should have been in the first post :) But too bad for those who pre-ordered the game because of the figure. From what I heard, GameStop is pretty lame anyway.

My pre-order 3 weeks ago was from GameStop in the US. Again, no email telling me I won't get the fig. So, hopefully they recently ran out.

Feel bad for everyone else, and I hope there is a future set that includes the fig!

Damn. There won't be a future set that includes the fig...

But I am willing to trade a Shadow ARF Trooper for it, if anyone's interested when he/she gets hold of it. I really wanted this figure and I was going to pre-order

today or tomorrow, it really sucks to hear they're all gone now...

herrJJ just ordered it a few days ago via amazon.de (Germany). I hope the minifigure will be included!

Well that is quite disturbing news... I e-mailed them immediately to inquire about the topic. Well, if it's not included, there's no reason to buy the game. Any news about the Belgian site where you could also get the minifig?

Please let us know what you hear back, I am interested to know if this is just a problem with GameStop here in the U.S. or it's a larger supply issue...

Sorry, I thought it was implied. GameStop is pretty horrible and honestly I would never buy anything from them if not for them getting all the good pre-order exclusives and bonuses. It's about the only reason to shop there.

My pre-order 3 weeks ago was from GameStop in the US. Again, no email telling me I won't get the fig. So, hopefully they recently ran out.

Feel bad for everyone else, and I hope there is a future set that includes the fig!

I ordered mine a little over a month ago. Apparently there is no warning about not getting the minifigure. The only way I learned about the issue was through this thread where people were receiving their DS version of the game but without the minifigure (and without any warning). If you have in store pick up there is a chance you could still get the figure in stores, as it seems some still have them. If you ordered it online and shipped directly to your home the chances are pretty slim since their warehouse that sends out the minifigures with orders is totally depleted (unless the rep was mistaken and they will get a new shipment in before the games go out on Nov 13...).

herrJJ just ordered it a few days ago via amazon.de (Germany). I hope the minifigure will be included!

Please let us know if you get it or not, like I said before I am interested in hearing how other stores did with this, if it was a GameStop only issue or a larger supply issue from Lego.

Well, here in Germany, it is not a pre-order bonus. They sell two types of the game here. The regular edition and a slightly more expensive special edition which includes the Elrond minifig. So I cannot imagine, that we don't get the minifig if the pre-order was for the correct edition.

i just implied it was the same in the US.

Edited by Balrog

Well, here in Germany, it is not a pre-order bonus. They sell two types of the game here. The regular edition and a slightly more expensive special edition which includes the Elrond minifig. So I cannot imagine, that we don't get the minifig if the pre-order was for the correct edition.

Hmm, that's totally different then. I am sure you will get the minifigure there since you are paying extra for the special edition and Elrond is part of that premium paid. Here we aren't paying anything extra, it's just a free bonus for pre-ordering the game. Hence why there is no guarantee you will get the minifigure and it's a first come, first serve basis. We didn't pay anything for the figure so they aren't required to give us one.

I also ordered mine at gamestop. I asked them whether my shipment would include the minifig and the reply was: ' Unfortunately, we are unable to determine that. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.'

Pff lame response. I'll cancel my order.

Thanks for the info - can you tell me which shop you ordered it?

Thanks for the info - can you tell me which shop you ordered it?

I pre-ordered directly on Amazon.de. It's a Amazon-exclusive special edition.

Here it is

Edited by Balrog

Ouch... I just preordered it the other day, noticing it didn't say the Elrond figure was included, just that a 'bonus' was included

Thanks Balrog, I cancelled my Gamestop order and ordered at amazon immediately. Fingers crossed that this one will work!

Yes, but I think, that the Special Edition is for pre-order only.

Yes, but I think, that the Special Edition is for pre-order only.

That could be. Anyways, who cares? If it is guaranteed to get the figure by pre-ordering the game as the special edition, why not do that. Better than the GameStop pre-order.