Sign in to follow this  
metalandi

REVIEW: 6451 River Response

It took quite some time, but now i'm finally continuing with city reviews. This one beeing about a really good set of the RES-Q theme, and also one of my favourites of this theme. It brings a lot of playability and an incredible amount of useful pieces, even with only 145 bricks in complete.

Set Nr.: 6451

Name: River Response

Number of minifigs: 3

Number of pieces: 145

Release Year: 1998

Price: ~20 USD (Back then, when it was new)

Unfortunately i haven't got the box of this set anymore, but the instructions are still there in good condition:

dsc00179mi2.jpg

We get 3 RES-Q minifigs in this set, from which i really love the detailed torso's:

dsc00176rw8.jpg

A shot of the complete set with both the boat and the little car off board:

dsc00172zo4.jpg

The before mentioned car is really, really little, but it still got enough space to transport 2 minifigs:

dsc00173kw4.jpg

A closeup of the rubber dinghy:

dsc00174jk5.jpg

The speed boat as stand-alone:

dsc00175ws5.jpg

As already said before, this set brings a big count of equipment and accesoires with it, which is really good for a set this size:

dsc00178bg1.jpg

In the middle section of the boat there is enough space for a minifig to sit in and put on his diving equipment:

dsc00180ku3.jpg

And last but not least, a shot from the whole set wirh everything attached, at the front section you can see a wench which also adds a lot to the set:

dsc00181kx5.jpg

When i got this set back in the day, i was really happy about it and for sure spent a lot of tie playing with it, because of it's great features as the wench in the front of the boat, or the car the boat can transport. I hope you like my little review, stay tuned for more in the next days! :tongue:

edit: I forgot the poll, can sombody add it please? I don't know how to do or if it is possible to do that myself :look:

Edited by metalandi

This set was my first set ever from the ResQ series, :cry_happy: And i loved it entirely! Ofcourse i modded it slightly here and there after hours and hours of fun and excitement, It has great play value, even for a set in this size :thumbup:

This is one of my favourite sets. I remember getting it in Tesco soon after it was released. Those were the days... The res-q line was good, and this set made it better.

wow. I loved this set, I still have it actually... in pieces though, i took it apart quite soon after i got it, then managed to lose the instruction manual :tongue:

Very nice review. This is another set which I had never seen before when I am in my dark age. :tongue:

Quite an useful set, especially with the accessories and the minifigs' torsos. The speedboat is able to hold the car and the rubber rescue boat. How can the driver steer this boat with so many things blocking the way? I can't seemed to find its control though. Thanks for doing this review.

Well I for one really like this set it has to be one of the nicer ribbies that TLG has made tons of playability and nice options for redesign, Great set overall.

Thanks for the review. :thumbup: :thumbup: