Sign in to follow this  
ZCerberus

MOC: LL428 Monarch

28016527005_32d13e2ed3_c.jpg

Following the success of the Blue Jacket, OrionBlu engaged Cerberus Systems to build a more substantial craft that could stand on its own rather than in larger squadrons. The result of the project was the LL428 Monarch.

The Monarch's unique engine structure made the craft the most manueverable fighter ever built. In addition, the unique pilot runabout allows a pilot to enter and exit the craft without use of a ladder and explore rough terrain quickly on the anti-grav runabout.

28016528605_42bd3e0a39_c.jpg

Very cool design. Reminds me a bit of some Warhammer 40K designs but is still awesome in it's own right. Did you try any other engine configurations before settling on this one?

I haven't looked at the war hammer one- what race or ship name should I look at for more inspiration?

There was a few different pieces I looked at to comprise the engines, but the configuration was basically always as it is now.

What I really want to change if I ever revisit this build, is the amount of blue on the fuselage.

Pretty cool.

Aren't the thrusters rotatable?

Totally, though the connection isn't as strong as I would like. I think it is another area to improve in the future.