SBrick Survey  

409 members have voted

1. 1. What is your prefered color for SBrick?

2. 2. What will be your primary LEGO theme used with SBricks?

3. 3. Which feature of SBrick do you like most?

• Stairtop design
    • Works in sunlight
    • Big range
    • Controllable by smartphone (via Bluetooth)
    • Remote control from the Internet
    • Profile designer
    • Child mode
    • Other (please post in this topic)

Hello! We are ethusiastic adult LEGO fans and we have developed this new remote technology (kck.st/1sf6zOU). We know that lego is not just a toy, but an expression of the passion of creation. We are very interested in your opinion!

14482040117_0e48fd835d_n.jpg

Once upon a time there was a group of LEGO fans that had a dream, namely the dream of not simply taking readily existing building blocks to create a new model, but rather to create something that would take the LEGO experience to an entirely new level. They started their journey half a year ago but in order to fully realize their dream they now need your support. Take a look at what they’ve achieved so far and play your part to help turn what was simply a dream six months ago into a

reality today

.14668453815_8dd2771483_o.png

What they have produced is the SBrick, a universal remote control unit that slots simply into your existing LEGO models and allows you to control up to 64 Power Functions® units using your smartphone or tablet. This is just one of the very many things it does (there is a full list of the features listed below). If you browse any of the LEGO forums worldwide, it soon becomes clear that this is something that this is something fans have wanted for a very long time and the good news is that this very product is here now.

Edited by Jim
Added some information

I'm working on a remote for 42030 using SBrick:

42030.jpg

What do you think about it? Should I change something?

I will post a video about how it works!

We are very happy about your feedback!! If you like us, please support our project (http://kck.st/1sf6zOU ) and you can be among the first who receive SBrick!

And after that, if you want to get more information, pls. follow us on facebook: facebook.com/sbrick

If you have any questions do not hesitate to write us: info@sbrick.com

Awesome idea! Was that filmed in Rome?

No, It was in Budapest!

You can see the Heroes Square, the Erzsebet square and the Chain Bridge!

...and of course some LEGO cars :)

WOWWWWWWW I'll definitelly support that!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Plus can I try to make a point? Receiver (both official LEGO or Sbrick) count an "even number" of studs (4) where would be more useful if it's an "odd number" (5). and the base shouldn't be flat as the old LEGO design, but round as the nowadays studless design!

Or atleast a choice of both!

:tongue:

Edited by TheItalianBrick

This is superb I want one or 2 maybe 5. Did I read it correctly, can you control one over the internet if there is a device running the app near by, does this mean there can be international LEGO competitions where the vehicles can be driven from anywhere in the world!

and does the $180 pack include the Volvo set and an SBrick?

This is superb I want one or 2 maybe 5. Did I read it correctly, can you control one over the internet if there is a device running the app near by, does this mean there can be international LEGO competitions where the vehicles can be driven from anywhere in the world!

and does the $180 pack include the Volvo set and an SBrick?

Yes, it is. You are right! :)

Well, I did my pledge... I hope this goes well and TLG takes a lesson from it.

Many thanks for your pledge! Now, you are a part of this project! :)

I got a few questions. The Sbrick handles 4 peripherals, so:

Doies it have thermal protection? If so what is max current rate for the SBrick and Is there a max current per device or a combined one?

If it is unprotected when using uncapped power sources like custom Lipos could it handle 4 5292 motors?

Well any info on power ratings for the SBrick will be welcome.

TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I would like to know some more technical facts too, like how much current it can provide just like aol000xw.

Keep up the good work!

I got a few questions. The Sbrick handles 4 peripherals, so:

Doies it have thermal protection? If so what is max current rate for the SBrick and Is there a max current per device or a combined one?

If it is unprotected when using uncapped power sources like custom Lipos could it handle 4 5292 motors?

Well any info on power ratings for the SBrick will be welcome.

- Yes, SBrick does have overcurrent and thermal protection. The OC trip current is between 1.6 and 3.5 amperes per channel, the recommended maximum current per channel is 1.5 amperes. Maximum recommended voltage is 11 volts, absolute maximum is 12 volts.

- It does have a short circuit protection, we tested it quite a few times :o)

- We did use the brick with 5292 a.k.a. "RC" motors, but only one at a time. However we did not notice any thermal issues: while the motor was _hot_ to the touch, the brick was barely lukewarm.

TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I would like to know some more technical facts too, like how much current it can provide just like aol000xw.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for your feedback :) If you like us, check out our pledges: kck.st/1sf6zOU

The OC trip current is between 1.6 and 3.5 amperes per channel, the recommended maximum current per channel is 1.5 amperes. Maximum recommended voltage is 11 volts, absolute maximum is 12 volts.

Do you have any other questions?

Very nice use of Bluetooth. Really like the chip tuning feature with allows you to provide extra juice to the motors. All the other features seems very useful as well. Seems like you have a very comprehensive understanding of what the LEGO community wants. Really hope you guys make it. GL

Edited by Kelkschiz

Very nice use of Bluetooth. Really like the chip tuning feature with allows you to provide extra juice to the motors. All the other features seems very useful as well. Seems like you have a very comprehensive understanding on what the LEGO community wants. Really hope you guys make it. GL

Wow, thank you for your feedback.

We trying to make it, if you like this projects please support us here: http://kck.st/1sf6zOU

Thanks! :)

Does anyone know is there a chance for us to publish our project on the EuroBricks portal?

Looking forward to read more about these functions.... never too old to learn!! :blush:

Wow, thank you for your feedback.

We trying to make it, if you like this projects please support us here: http://kck.st/1sf6zOU

Thanks! :)

Does anyone know is there a chance for us to publish our project on the EuroBricks portal?

Yeah. Frontpage it please!

I know...

Maybe you could do a complete presentation of your project in your first post, and I'm pretty sure someone will frontpage it :classic:

And great project by the way.

Omg... this is awesome and soooo small :thumbup:

And that timing. I'm also working on a project to use my normal radio controller with +1000m range... but it's waaaaay bigger (and may over-sized in terms of current handling) :grin:

kW8F7tv.jpg

I think I'll throw in some $ for your coffee :wink:

Cookie

Edited by _Cookie_