Sign in to follow this  
JCC1004

Marion Ravenwood torso from 7621 & 7683

You'd be better off looking at your own because Bricklink's pic doesn't show it. But this Marion Ravenwood torso:

973pb452c01.jpg has the tie from this: 973pb532c01.jpg

It's pretty much in the same place. I can see it on both my Marions. It's very strange how a tie print got on her torso. My camera is crappy. I don't know if it will show up ,but can one of you try to get a pic? I just thought I could piont this out.

I would declare that a misprint on your part, because neither of mine show any sign of a tie.

Mayne the printing machine had leftover ink on it from a previous print?

cool, I bet you can get some money for it on evilBay.

Can you take a picture, I'm really curious.

When I draw decals, I take a very close, high resolution picture of the figure to work from as a guide. I recently did this torso (ugliest torso in LEGO history) and can assure you that none of mine have any such defect/misprint. I always make a point of comparing all of the ones I own to pick the best to work from (LEGO does frequently get poor alignment when printing multiple colours) and comparing one of these from each official set as well as the magnet version didn't reveal this problem.

You're going to need to post a pic before I believe this one.

The tie is in a lighter flesh tone and I said my camera was crap. I'll atempt but can't promise. Both of mine have it.

Edited by JCC1004

Both of your's have this? Hmm... I'm having trouble believing this....

I assure you I'm not a lair. I'll try to find one on the internet. Again I have a shitty camera.

Edited by JCC1004

I assure you I'm not a lair. I'll try to find one on the internet. Again I have a shitty camera.

I'm very curious. Take whatever picture you can at whatever quality you have, to at least satiate people until you can find a better picture. Don't worry about the quality beforehand, just take it!

Edited by Clone O'Patra

When did you buy these misprinted torsos?

The issue is that the Marion's white torso is from last year's set, while the gangster torso with the tie is from this year's set. So I find it kind of odd that the prints would've been mixed up.

Anyway, if you contact TLG, I'm pretty sure they will send you replacement parts.

When did you buy these misprinted torsos?

The issue is that the Marion's white torso is from last year's set, while the gangster torso with the tie is from this year's set. So I find it kind of odd that the prints would've been mixed up.

Anyway, if you contact TLG, I'm pretty sure they will send you replacement parts.

I got them this year at K-mart and Target. I don't want to contact TLG! I would like them but It would be to much of a hassle. I wonder how high their $ is?

I wonder how high their $ is?

Misprints' value is usually, or in most cases, not very high to anybody other than the diehard collector / completist.

It all depends on what people are willing to pay.