Righteous Squid

Freeze right there...

Here are some more of my Batman MOCs, this time Mr Freeze, beginning with his base.

Welcome to Artic Industries, a research company specializing in advanced cyrogenics and frozen peas (to pay the bills)

freeze0.jpg

Just don't mention what you see to any animal rights activists.

freeze1.jpg

Unfortunatly things are not going well. Aside from having had ther assets frozen the wife of head researcher victor Freeze is in critical condition following an accident involving liquid nitrogen, antifreeze and some garden peas.

freeze2.jpg

Victor is working against the clock to save her

freeze3.jpg

However, DNA sequencing is presenting big problems

freeze4.jpg

And the results are't always pretty:

freeze5.jpg

With time running out, victor has no choice but to attempt one final experiment.

freeze7.jpg

He must use a human subject, himself. He reasons that it doesn't work they'll both be dead.

He can't live without her:

freeze8.jpg

But halfway through the experiment there is a power surge:

freeze8a.jpg

The results are tragic.

Neither Freeze nor his wife have died but both have tragically been altered.

Perhaps he should have been more careful to clean the remains of his other experimental subjects out of the machine.

freeze9.jpg

Mr Freeze must get his revenge.

freeze10.jpg

But first a cup of ice tea

freeze11.jpg

Up next: Mr Freeze's three wheeled bike:

Hm... I'm sorry, but I'm not sure if I like this. :sceptic: It's a nice MOC, but somehow it doesn't feel like a Batman MOC. More like a Lego Arctic moc.

Aside from that, it's strange how you are presenting us an alternate version of Freeze's origin. I can accept that, but there are some major plot holes, like for example:

Mr Freeze must get his revenge.

Get revenge on who? *huh* In your version of his story, he himself is responsible for his and his wife's condition. :sceptic: Some explanation would be appreciated.

I'm looking forward to that three-wheeler though. :thumbup:

PS: There are some typos in there. You might wanna proof read it. :wink: Also, I don't know if that was intended, but his real name isn't Victor Freeze, but Victor Fries.

Hm... I'm sorry, but I'm not sure if I like this. :sceptic: It's a nice MOC, but somehow it doesn't feel like a Batman MOC. More like a Lego Arctic moc.

I respectfully disagree, this moc shows all kind of traits present from the animated portrayals to the 60's styled Mr.Freeze.

Aside from that, it's strange how you are presenting us an alternate version of Freeze's origin. I can accept that, but there are some major plot holes, like for example:

Get revenge on who? *huh* In your version of his story, he himself is responsible for his and his wife's condition. :sceptic: Some explanation would be appreciated.

I think the story and revenge part are merely satire, a humourous interpretation, nothing to be taken literally or seriously.

PS: There are some typos in there. You might wanna proof read it. :wink: Also, I don't know if that was intended, but his real name isn't Victor Freeze, but Victor Fries.

Yes, his true name is Victor Fries, though as I mentioned the 60's feeling hearkens back to the days when his name was ,you guessed it: Victor Freeze :wink:

Anyway, great Bat-work again Righteous Squid! You are really giving my Mr Freeze Truck a run for its cooling equipment with this baby. Absolutely love the capsule for his wife and the main testing tube, I'd love to make something similar. Also great is the DNA testing bit with snow rock.

The entrance is also very cool, I love the design, looking like half ice cave, half tech base. And of course that little weapon station and coffe table make it all worth it.

Really looking forward to the Mr Freeze three wheeler! It really is a Mr Freeze week! :grin:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Although there is nothing stupendous about building techniques, size, or glamor, I think this Moc (more like a comic, actually) has significant and original charm, and reminds me of the things I used to build years ago.

No matter the distaste, grammar, or the wavering from the 'actual story', I still have a distinct admiration for this little moc.

Also, in the second picture, I presume some form of editing was used to achieved the blurry effect of the background?

Apologies if you read this earlier – I accidentally hit the wrong keys or something and posted before I had finished:

It's a nice MOC, but somehow it doesn't feel like a Batman MOC. More like a Lego Arctic moc.

Well there are bound to be some similarities with Lego artic due to the icy nature of the whole thing, but I think can appreciate what you mean. This MOC was made from leftover blue and white pieces I had no other use for and is designed for my six year old to play with. It is therefore more cartoony and incomplete than I would have preferred. If I had access to whatever pieces I wanted I would have Freezes lab in a cold storage room under an abattoir. With the new cows Lego is releasing next year that is certainly a more appealing option. :tongue:

Noone said revenge has to be rational. Human beings have a tendency to try and cast blame and responsibility wherever they can. Observe the hatred directed against the professor as the story continues and ultimately against Gotham, and indeed the whole Cosmos. Freeze may have turned his wife into an icy beast but he didn't cause the accident that put her in a critical condition in the firstplace. :sadnew:

I'm looking forward to that three-wheeler though. :thumbup:

Hope you're not disappointed. :sceptic:

I respectfully disagree, this moc shows all kind of traits present from the animated portrayals to the 60's styled Mr.Freeze.

Thanks for the defense Batbrick. When I read the comics back in the late eighties/early nineties I don't remember reading any stories about Mr Freeze, so I am undoubtedly influenced by the unfortunate Batman Forever film and what I have picked up when my son has been watching the cartoons. So for me the cartoony feel fits with my exposure to different representations of Mr Freeze, and also the colour scheme of the Lego minifigure itself.

I think the story and revenge part are merely satire, a humourous interpretation, nothing to be taken literally or seriously.

Indeed, its all a bit of silliness and fun to make the presentation of my MOCs more enjoyable. I'm not aiming to create high literature, change the DC universe or create a Batman encyclopedia. Apologies to those my sense of humour bypasses. :grin:

Although there is nothing stupendous about building techniques, size, or glamor, I think this Moc (more like a comic, actually) has significant and original charm, ... Also, in the second picture, I presume some form of editing was used to achieved the blurry effect of the background?

Thanks. Although its not what I would have created myself given the resources I posted it because I did think that this MOC had some charm and some nice ideas for developing a Mr Freeze lab. Hopefully in the future as I collect more of the right kind of bricks I can make it more polished and complete.I have edited the pictures and in the following pictures have tried to make use of the blending tool not only to cover up messy background, but also to help the story a bit more (also in my 'Welcome to Gotham thread where I used it to some create smoke effects). Sadly I don't have time to do every picture or edit as thoroughly as I would like.

Very funny MOC :thumbup: I think this is great, will you be doing this for other villains? The Joker would be best IMO.

Thanks. I would love to do the same for other villains. I have a small swamp shack for Killer Croc but want to make a bigger base for him. I'm collecting pieces to make a fear factory for my favorite villan Scarecrow. I have the big red disc from the Scorpion Palace set that would make a great red nose for Jokers clown house but the rest is a long way off. I want to do a penguin base inspired by the Batman Returns film complete with yellow duck. I want to do a whole street of Gotham too if I ever get the chance. At the moment though I'm concentrating on vehicles.

Anyway, on to the next installment:

The Professor was driving home from work in his new car...

freeze200.jpg

... and in his new wig. The professor had given up on developing new fireproof materials and had taken up a position heading up research into better antifreeze that could be used in building structure

s and roads. He had also treated his wig with flame retardant chemicals.

freeze202.jpg

Suddenly out of nowhere he was zapped with a freezing cold icy wave.

freeze205.jpg

Unknown to the professor there has been an industrial accident on the antifreeze project before he had been brought on board.

freeze206.jpg

The same industrial accident that had left Mrs Freeze in critical condition.

freeze207.jpg

Fortunately for the Professor the Dynamic Duo had been patrolling nearby:

freeze209.jpg

As the dynamic duo sped to help the professor they recieved a call informing them that a boat on Gotham River was freezing the river, the boats in it and the buildings along the banks:

freeze214.jpg

freeze215.jpg

freeze216.jpg

Robin sped of towards the river leaving Batman to pursue Mr Freeze:

freeze217.jpg

freeze210.jpg

freeze220.jpg

Launching himself off the docks Robin deployed jetski mode on his bike allowing him to get close to Freeze’s goons and take them out:

freeze221.jpg

freeze222.jpg

freeze223.jpg

freeze225.jpg

freeze227.jpg

freeze228.jpg

freeze229.jpg

freeze230.jpg

Meanwhile Batman was almost gaining on Mr Freeze:

freeze231.jpg

Freeze fired his freeze ray at the road and Batman skidded on the ice allowing Mr Freeze to give him the slip:

freeze232.jpg

freeze105.jpg

freeze108.jpg

freeze109.jpg

freeze107.jpg

Sadly for the professor the fire retardant chemicals in his wig had reacted with the freeze ray. This would take some serious surgery to remove:

freeze208.jpg

The three wheeler is a bit of a monster (which may upset some), but that’s kind of the point (the bike being a monster that is, not the upsetting people) and I think it gives it character that fits with Mr Freeze (or my concept of Mr Freeze at least). Sometime I might to make a smaller version just for the challenge.

The boat is largely constructed from a bucket of random old Lego I obtained which included the parts for the boat hull. Since they were blue I just had to make a boat for Freeze. It’s not quite as originally designed since my son complained that he couldn’t fit men in the cabin so I had to redesign to make the top hinged. I particularly like the freeze ray.

Coming soon – The Snow-maker, Mr Freeze’s weapon of mass frostification.

Edited by Righteous Squid

Thanks for the defense Batbrick. When I read the comics back in the late eighties/early nineties I don't remember reading any stories about Mr Freeze, so I am undoubtedly influenced by the unfortunate Batman Forever film and what I have picked up when my son has been watching the cartoons. So for me the cartoony feel fits with my exposure to different representations of Mr Freeze, and also the colour scheme of the Lego minifigure itself.

That's fine, I love the cartoony aspects as much as I love the serious ones. I hope you continuing making fun mocs like this :classic:

Indeed, its all a bit of silliness and fun to make the presentation of my MOCs more enjoyable. I'm not aiming to create high literature, change the DC universe or create a Batman encyclopedia. Apologies to those my sense of humour bypasses. :grin:

That is a very good thing, most Batman stories trying to reinvent the DC universe end up terrible, so I'm glad you are instead doing something unique.

Now I love that Mr.Freeze three wheeler! Such a powerful and awesome machine, I can't find a single criticism in it. The silver and blue and white colour scheme is perfect as well.

The Freeze boat is also great, that is a truly great design for the freeze cannon on its front. I like that you don't mind mixing fleshies with yellows too.

Love the Robin cycle too. Have you posted that before? The colour scheme is brilliant, do you mind if I take a little inspiration from it?

Anyway, a great round up and hilarious story so far, looking forward to the weapon of mass frostication!

Nice work there RighteousSquid. I rather like Nora's cryogenic chamber, and the boat is simply brilliant, especially the freeze-ray on the front (gotta love a freeze-ray). One question though: how does it manage to travel on the water if it freezes it? You're right though, the trike is pretty big, but it's not much of an issue given that the Batcycles are oversized as well. Good work!

It really is a Mr Freeze week! :grin:

And how apt that we've got snow! Proper snow!

That is a very good thing, most Batman stories trying to reinvent the DC universe end up terrible, so I'm glad you are instead doing something unique.

Hmm, I wonder who you're referring to there...

Sadly for the professor the fire retardant chemicals in his wig had reacted with the freeze ray. This would take some serious surgery to remove:

freeze208.jpg

HaHa :laugh:

The snow maker sounds good, I liked the bike it had a brutish feel that in batman and robin(brings back bad memories) Mr Freeze had. and the base i like as it is very clinical like, i like how you pulled off the wife in the tank.

Hey, I thought all of these were lots of fun. I was really impressed by the vehicles you created. The Professor's car is a favorite, and the transforming Robin-cycle was a nice surprise.

But, what I really want to know is, where did you get that tile with the DNA helix on it? I totally need that!

Love the Robin cycle too. Have you posted that before? The colour scheme is brilliant, do you mind if I take a little inspiration from it?

I haven't posted Robin's cycle before. It was created specially for the story because I'm saving my other Bat vehciles for other confrontations. I had wanted to create a cycle for Robin the same in design as Batman's but with a different colour scheme (one matching the official Lego Robin colour scheme) but I didn't have the right parts. I decided I would see what I could make with the green, yellow and red parts I had. I quite liked the result and have tried to alter the Batbike as closely as I can to Robin's cycle. Here is the result:

batbikes1.jpg

batbikes3.jpg

I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :thumbup:

One question though: how does it manage to travel on the water if it freezes it?

I had thought about that. I guess the freeze ray freezes the water beside the boat and is so extremely cold that the freezing spreads and the ice closes up behind the boat. I guess it would really make more sense to have the freeze ray at the back, but it looks better at the front. :tongue:

I liked the bike it had a brutish feel that in batman and robin(brings back bad memories) Mr Freeze had.

I don't know it its some sort of twisted morbid curiosity, or dying brain cells, but I feel I really need to see Batman and Robin again. I've forgotten what it was like exactly. "Surely," I sometimes think, "it couldn't have been that bad" ... :cry_sad:

But, what I really want to know is, where did you get that tile with the DNA helix on it? I totally need that!

The DNA helix came with Spiderman set 4851: The origins. Its a set that is a great parts pack with some nice minifgures and accesories and which provided quite a few pieces for Mr Freezes lab. Victor's wife is in fact Mary Jane Parker. :sceptic: (cue ominous rumbling as the Marvel and

DC universes collide causing all kinds of mayhem and catastophe, possibly melting the minds of some very particular comics fans).

The DNA helix came with Spiderman set 4851: The origins. Its a set that is a great parts pack with some nice minifgures and accesories and which provided quite a few pieces for Mr Freezes lab. Victor's wife is in fact Mary Jane Parker. :sceptic: (cue ominous rumbling as the Marvel and

DC universes collide causing all kinds of mayhem and catastophe, possibly melting the minds of some very particular comics fans).

Thanks for the tip. I hope they reissue that piece, because that Origins set is pricey on Bricklink.

And I did notice the Mary Jane. :tongue:

Once again the citizens of Gotham are fleeing in terror.

freezewmf1.jpg

What could be causing such mischief and mayhem?

freezewmf2.jpg

Why, its Mr Freeze in his WMF - Weapon of Mass Frostification:

freezewmf3.jpg

The WMF spews snow onto the streets of Gotham.

freezewmf4.jpg

Dreaming of a white Christmas are you? Be careful what you wish for!

freezewmf5.jpg

freezewmf6.jpg

All is not lost. Batman races to the rescue.

freezewmf7.jpg

The technology recovered from Firefly has proved useful:

freezewmf8.jpg

Mr Freeze fires the ice cannon...

freezewmf9.jpg

...straight into the stream of snow...

freezewmf10.jpg

...creating a swirling ice blizzard as he cranks up the snow generator to full blast.

freezewmf11.jpg

Looks like a frontal assault is out of the question Batman.

freezewmf12.jpg

As Batman approaches from the rear Mr Freeze aims his freeze ray to ice the Bat.

As the freeze ray meets jets of flame a cloud of steam is created.

freezewmf13.jpg

Leaving Batman free to fry the cooling system on the WMF.

freezewmf14.jpg

freezewmf15.jpg

Looks like Mr Freeze's plans have been put on ice.

freezewmf16.jpg

freezewmf17.jpg

Sorry for the delay in getting the WMF up. Friends of my son somehow managed to get into my study while I was out and 'disassembled' it; then my wife took the camera to the same friends birthday party on the afternoon I had scheduled to take the pics.

The WMF is built mainly from the cement mixer and the coast guard truck with trailer and boat.

Obviously the pics can't show it but the snow generator cylinder is rigged to rotate as the WMF drives along.

freezewmf18.jpg

freezewmf19.jpg

Up next - The Batwing v Gotham City SWAT gunship. (and the professor has a new car and a new wig)

Hope you're not disappointed. :sceptic:

Are you kidding? That trike (or three-wheeler as you call it) is awesome! :oh: Even that boat is cool! I especially like the freeze-ray gun on it! :thumbup: The only bad thing about it is that because you used slopes with the Lego Arctic logo on them, it looks even more like a Lego Arctic MOC than the Lab. :sceptic: But the freeze turret and design make up for that. :wink:

And that WMF is even more awesome than the trike and boat combined! :wub: It's so creative! When I first saw that mixer piece in the City set it is from, I was wondering what else it could be used for, but except for a big, blue spaceship engine, I couldn't think of anything. :blush: You, Sir, have found the perfect use for it! :sweet:

Your Freeze MOCs are getting better and better! Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

On a side note: I think it's great that you let your kid play with your Lego and even build playsets for him! :classic:

That is one of the best Batman mocs I've ever seen. Ever. Seriously you've blown me away Righteous Squid with this thing, it's sheer brilliance! :wub:

The use of the cement turner is absolutely beautiful, can you please post a pic of how it runs when the wheels spin? Like Oky I had no idea what else it could be used for.

Good choice of wheels too, and the front snow shovel is awesomely appropriate. I don't think there's a single thing about this MOC I don't like, I even love the effects for the snow.

The big ice cannon on top is also great. Seriously, I keep poring over the pics again and again because of how good this machine is. Heck, I'm even in love with the mini-tpwer Mr.Freeze gets to sit in. Everything works! :cry_happy:

Oh, and now I'm super looking forward to that SWAT gunship!

Yes who will he get his revenge on? Will he beat himself up or what? :oh: Next time you should put a little more time into making the story. :wink: I do like the moc but it looks more like something you would ad to Ogels mountain fortress from the alpha team artic theme.

Yes who will he get his revenge on? Will he beat himself up or what? :oh: Next time you should put a little more time into making the story. :wink: I do like the moc but it looks more like something you would ad to Ogels mountain fortress from the alpha team artic theme.

I feel this comment in becoming redundant but here goes: It was obviously, obviously parody. The story was light hearted fun and a poke at Mr Freeze, don't take it seriously.

Anyway, see previous comment for my thoughts on your latest moc Righteous Squid.

I should've found this topic earlier, Robin's bike is brilliant! It looks very nice in both modes. And the big snow tank is stunning. What are those snowplow parts on the front from?

Guys, sorry for the delay in replying.

The first effort I accidently deleted when I was trying to preview so I wrote the reply on Word only to forget I hadn't posted it.

Still, better late than never, eh?

Are you kidding? That trike (or three-wheeler as you call it) is awesome! :oh: Even that boat is cool! I especially like the freeze-ray gun on it! :thumbup: The only bad thing about it is that because you used slopes with the Lego Arctic logo on them, it looks even more like a Lego Arctic MOC than the Lab. :sceptic: But the freeze turret and design make up for that. :wink:

The Slopes with the Artic logo came with a bucket of old Lego I was given. There were plain ones I was going to use but my son insisted on using the ones with the logo. Since I was building it primarily for him I could only oblige. I had meant to airbrush them out for the photos but forgot, sorry!

And that WMF is even more awesome than the trike and boat combined! :wub: It's so creative! When I first saw that mixer piece in the City set it is from, I was wondering what else it could be used for, but except for a big, blue spaceship engine, I couldn't think of anything. :blush: You, Sir, have found the perfect use for it! :sweet:

At first the mixer struck me as being a fairly useless piece. I then thought of doing a giant insect mech for Mr Freeze with the mixer as a snow spewing thorax. However I didn’t have enough pieces for six legs and it didn’t quite fit with my concept of Mr Freeze.

That is one of the best Batman mocs I've ever seen. Ever. Seriously you've blown me away Righteous Squid with this thing, it's sheer brilliance! :wub:

The use of the cement turner is absolutely beautiful, can you please post a pic of how it runs when the wheels spin? Like Oky I had no idea what else it could be used for.

Thanks Batbrick - It works in much the same way that it does on the cement mixer set but is connected to the wheel so it turns as the WMF rolls.

xle.jpg

Yes who will he get his revenge on? Will he beat himself up or what? :oh: Next time you should put a little more time into making the story. :wink:

Thanks computerbug - Maybe next time you should read the whole thread instead of the first two posts :wink: If you have read it all and are still confused let me know and I’ll explain further.

Guys, sorry for the delay in replying.

The first effort I accidently deleted when I was trying to preview

I do like the moc but it looks more like something you would ad to Ogels mountain fortress from the alpha team artic theme.

It is called ‘Artic industries’ isn’t it? :tongue: Anyway as I indicated before it was thrown together from leftovers as an exercise in using some pieces I wouldn’t normally use.

I should've found this topic earlier, Robin's bike is brilliant! It looks very nice in both modes. And the big snow tank is stunning. What are those snowplow parts on the front from?

Thanks hewkii9 – The snowplow parts are the mudguards for the trailer in coastguard set 7726:

Matalandi’s review - http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?...834&hl=7737

Brickset - http://www.brickset.com/detail.aspx?Set=7726-1

I must really say great work :thumbup:

I love this idea, to make an own Mr. Freeze house.

Maybe you could add an restaurant, who people come and don't know, that they would never seen again :devil:

The cycles are awesome. Great to see how Robin&Batman catch their bad guys. Well done.

Your Weapon of Mass Frostification is really the best of all. So great functions, especially the snow machine and the frozen beam.

I would love to see this in an original Batman set...

Greetings 'Bricks'

I can't wait to see what comes next. I have really enjoyed reading the stories. The vehicles are very well made, so well in fact that it is hard to tell what is LEGO and what is MOC. Thanks for the fun posts.

I love this idea, to make an own Mr. Freeze house.

Maybe you could add an restaurant, who people come and don't know, that they would never seen again :devil:

:tongue:

My preferred idea would be an abattoir and meat packing factory but its more likely I will do a cyro lab if I can get the space police sets

(sadly there probably will be no restaurant).

The creations are very ice

:grin:

thanks.

'Icy' there is 'snow' end to the terrible puns that can ensue from a Mr Freeze MOC

I can't wait to see what comes next. I have really enjoyed reading the stories. The vehicles are very well made, so well in fact that it is hard to tell what is LEGO and what is MOC. Thanks for the fun posts.

Its all MOC made with Lego :tongue:

haha these are great fun, keep it up

Thanks - I do have a few more up my sleeve. I'm not finished with the professor just yet. :devil: