just2good

Disney Princess 2015 Rumors and Discussion

Ghostmind has found a list of four 2015 Disney Princess sets on a reliable Swiss toy site:

41060 - Aurora's Bedroom

41061 - Jasmine's Exotic Adventure

41062 - Elsa's Glittering Ice Palace

41063 - Ariel's Underwater Castle

Looks like we're getting Frozen sets! :classic:

I'm abit dissapointed that Frozen didn't get a whole wave during its own theatrical time, at least it could get more than three sets at once. I guess people would be curoius about whether this means Frozen would be counted as a part of Disney Princess license, or this would allow more non-princess story.

My concern is that it seems too late to get a second wave (most of us even suspected that this license is cancelled). Also, not being bored by Friends, Disney classics have more diversified story elements but get much fewer sets than Friends. If TLG want to target at girls, I think this theme deserves to get another wave in mid-year time.

Edited by Dorayaki

Aladdin!!! Amazing news. If that set includes a new Raja mold around the size of the lotr wargs, instant buy.

I theorized that the hair on Vitruvius would be perfect for Jasmine, so I wonder if that will come true.

Aladdin!!! Amazing news. If that set includes a new Raja mold around the size of the lotr wargs, instant buy.

I theorized that the hair on Vitruvius would be perfect for Jasmine, so I wonder if that will come true.

No, I want Abu!

Heh, I go to sleep and the rest of names are (somehow) found overnight! Looks like I don't need this new list from David.

Frozen!

-Sci

Heh, I go to sleep and the rest of names are (somehow) found overnight! Looks like I don't need this new list from David.

Not true, David's list has the original English names, whereas the other names are translated from German and thus often wrong, due to different naming in the different countries. And David's list has prices on it, although the translation process from NZD to USD or whatever is getting a little tedious... :laugh:

Not true, David's list has the original English names, whereas the other names are translated from German and thus often wrong, due to different naming in the different countries. And David's list has prices on it, although the translation process from NZD to USD or whatever is getting a little tedious... :laugh:

:laugh: So then what do I do with them? Not much different from what we've already gotten.

-Sci

Yes! I really hope these don't disappoint, as I was underwhelmed with the first wave. The big seller here will definitely be Elsa's Palace. I hope we get lots of trans-blue pieces!

Definitely must buys, except maybe for the Ariel set since I've already gotten both of her original sets. Maybe if it had really cool minidolls along with it (such as Ursula :wub: ).

I absolutely love the idea of getting Elsa's palace, we'll just have to see how well it is executed.

41062 - Elsa's Glittering Ice Palace - $69.99 NZD

41063 - Ariel's Underwater Castle - $99.99 NZD

Nice to know that there would be two bigger sets. But wit Ariel's set being the largest, I wonder which characters would be in that set since Prince Eric isn't available: Ariel's sisters? father, daughter? or Ursula?

As for Elsa's set, judging from Cinderella's example, I worry about that we won't see all main Frozen characters and mascots in one single set, not even talking about a molded reindeer people missed from Santa's workshop. The chance could be bigger with a second Frozen set.

Edited by Dorayaki

This is great news. It's pretty much what I expected to see in the next wave, although I didn't think they'd do another Ariel set so soon. That's a bit disappointing, but then again, they do still owe us a Sebastian fig, so as long as he's included, I'm fine with it.

The Frozen set should come as a surprise to no one. While Elsa and Anna have not officially been "coronated" as Disney Princesses yet, it's only a matter of time at this point. It took them almost a year to coronate Merida too, so I think we can expect them to get coronated by the end of the year, allowing TLG to produce their Frozen set. It's a bit disappointing that it will be smaller than the Ariel set, so I don't think we can expect anything nearly as big as that Cuusoo project, but at least it will be more affordable that way. I hope it includes Anna and Olaf as well.What I find interesting is that they added the word "glittering" to the title. Could this mean the return of those glittery translucent pieces from Belville? That would be kinda neat, but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I'm excited for the Jasmine set as well. I wish the set name was a bit more descriptive because "exotic adventure" could be anything, although I'm sure it will involve the magic carpet somehow. It will probably include Aladdin and maybe Abu as well. Honestly, it would be a sin if it didn't include Al, especially since he wouldn't even need a new mold if they make him in his Prince Ali outfit, although I would prefer his iconic "street urchin" get up. And while I want a Genie mini/bigfig now more than ever (R.I.P. Robin Williams :cry_sad: ) I don't think it's likely that he will ever appear in this theme.

The Aurora set doesn't interest me, but I'm just glad the theme is continuing.

Nice to know that there would be two bigger sets. But wit Ariel's set being the largest, I wonder which characters would be in that set since Prince Eric isn't available: Ariel's sisters? father, daughter? or Ursula?

As for Elsa's set, judging from Cinderella's example, I worry about that we won't see all main Frozen characters and mascots in one single set, not even talking about a molded reindeer people missed from Santa's workshop. The chance could be bigger with a second Frozen set.

I would love for Ursula to be in it, but I doubt it. It will most likely be one or two of her sisters and King Triton (along with Flounder, Sebastian, and other sea creatures). If they somehow manage to feature Ursula in some way, I'd instantly buy it.

The Jasmine set sounds like something I'd pick up, too. Lego Rajah would be adorable!

I'm afraid these will all be instant-buys for me. As will the 'Elves' sets. I just hope they don't come out in the same month!

$70 is the NZD price; USD price would probably be around $35 or $40.

Aww. I was hoping for a huge set. Anyone else want a $100 Ice Castle with minifigs instead of minidolls? Anyone?

I'm sure that's what a lot of people want, but a smaller set could still do it justice. I've only seen Frozen once, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall there being a whole lot going on interior-wise. A spiral staircase, a chandelier... that's all I remember. Something about the size of Rapunzel's Creativity Tower could get the point across and be pretty affordable, and I have the feeling plenty of people will buy multiples to build a much larger version anyway.

While I like the concept behind this line, I have not picked up any of the sets yet as I find them rather over priced and uninspiring. It has great potential though, and I am really looking forward to the Jasmine and Frozen sets. It's a dead cert that here will be physical violence in stores to get hold of the Frozen set, so order it online!

Frozen, yus! It seemed inevitable. I will definitely buy this. Both my sister and I will love it! And, it will be my first Disney Princess set... and my first set with a minidoll at that!

Edited by Puffle Pal26

Um... Princess Vanelope anyone? :D

I know Wreck it Ralph would be better as a regular Lego set but Felix is actually shaped exactly like those bony male MiniDolls. Anyway I guess I just want Vanelope and a Ralph BigFig.

I know Wreck it Ralph would be better as a regular Lego set but Felix is actually shaped exactly like those bony male MiniDolls. Anyway I guess I just want Vanelope and a Ralph BigFig.

YES! But unfortunately, she's not part of the Disney Princess franchise, therefore she's not included in the license. :sceptic:

my kids are so excited for frozen they said they dont care how small it is. But i wonder what this will do to the Lego Ideas Frozen set? sweep under the rug? or keep in just incase this set sells like crazy

YES! But unfortunately, she's not part of the Disney Princess franchise, therefore she's not included in the license. :sceptic:

Yeah, much like that. At first, Vanellope isn't a Disney Princess mostly because her story is innovative and not based on any folk. For TLG if they want to focus on "normal princess story", Vanellope isn't their first choice either. Though Vanellope's case is similiar with Jasmine, who wasn't the leading protagonist in her original story, Ralph is, uh, not a counterpart to Beast after all :grin: .

However it doesn't mean that Wreck-it Ralph isn't worthy of getting any LEGO set. Both it and Frozen deserve to have own independent product lines.

Edited by Dorayaki