ED-209

Micro-scale Asgard

In Marvel's "Thor" movies, Thor and the rest of the super-powered space gods hail from the Realm Eternal, the majestic kingdom of Asgard.

For those not familiar:

http://marvel-cinema...com/wiki/Asgard

I've seen lots of micro-scale castles and always found them to be very cute, and often very inventive with their parts usage. When I saw Matti's micro Hogwarts (http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=103245) the pearl gold roofing instantly made me want to try making my own micro Asgard!

I plan on buying the parts off Bricklink once the mad rush of Christmas is over, so for the moment it's only in digital form.

It may not be totally clear in the pictures, but the Rainbow Bridge is made of four rows of transparent plates in red, orange, yellow and green, capped off with a row of trans blue tiles. There's also room for a light brick to be mounted behind the bridge, which I'm hoping will look pretty nice when lit up.

The main building (I presume it's Valhalla?) is made from a series of SNOT 1x2 jumper plates to create that "pipe organ" look seen in the movies.

micro_asgard_01_by_edward_the_red-d89nykt.png

Here's a view showing more of the layout of the water, buildings and mountains. And Heimdall's observatory is hinged for all your trans-galactic teleportation needs!

micro_asgard_02_by_edward_the_red-d89nyyz.png

The underside:

micro_asgard_03_by_edward_the_red-d89nyzm.png

Feedback is most welcome! :sweet:

Thanks everyone! :sweet:

I was just pottering around when I started it, but I'm really quite pleased with how it all came together. I'm hoping that it'll really "pop" when the bridge is lit up! :grin:

Love this. I always thought this was one of the most unique places of all the super heroes. I would love to see you do more!

Wow, a lot of detail in this small micro Asgard! Please update this thread with a real pic when you finished it :) Not a real fan of LDD because it just hasn't got the "real-deal-look"! But The LDD file would also be very appreciated!

I agree with all the above feedback including those that say that it should be transformed into a real model. :classic:

Your micro-scale Asgard looks great :classic:

Especially the rainbow-effect is very nice!

Cool! The Bifrost bridge, even in microscale, is instantly recognizable. Any plans to build with real bricks?