o0ger

[MOC] The Morning Mist

The Morning Mist

24640813382_7d4d0cc58e_z.jpg

The Morning Mist by o0ger, on Flickr

Jorum stands in the bow of his ship "The Morning Mist" looking out over the vastness of the Aether. In the distance he can see the port, the goal of this days journey, and the last stop of this long delivery run. Maybe he will meet som friends tonight? Further back his oldest son Bor is taking care of the steam system that runs the ship. Everything seems fine.

24463114060_2b4b338d4f_z.jpg

Bor checks the preassure by o0ger, on Flickr

Jorum makes a living by delivering goods an mail between the inslands of Aetheria. He makes a good profit and he is not afraid to show it. Riches and treasures can be rewarded the people who dare tread the ocean of the Aether... and Jorum knows this ocean, like the back of his hand.

24390987559_e8d9e796b3_z.jpg

Jorum gazes out over the Aether by o0ger, on Flickr

---------------------------------

More images on Flickr

Built for the Swebrick Community Build Aetheria.

Very fine steampunk creation - I think it should belong to the "SciFi" forum.

Thank you! Ok, to me it's more like fantasy. I couldn't find a fantasy-section here. Maybe some kind moderator would kindly move this to a more appropriate area then?

Using those Naboo planets was genuis. The whole thing looks very sleek and polished.

Although Steampunk isn't exactly a historical set. :tongue:

Using those Naboo planets was genuis. The whole thing looks very sleek and polished.

Although Steampunk isn't exactly a historical set. :tongue:

Thanks for your kind words!

As I said, I didn't know where to post this. I saw some fantasy themed MOCs in this forum so I figured it was right. I can't move this post myself.

Steampunk feels more Historic than Sci-Fi to me.

This is a really nice looking airship. Beautiful design and very clever uses of parts. I love the nets and chains holding the planet balloons down. The character designs are also appropriate. I also love the anchor and the head on the front.

Great job!

Steampunk feels more Historic than Sci-Fi to me.

This is a really nice looking airship. Beautiful design and very clever uses of parts. I love the nets and chains holding the planet balloons down. The character designs are also appropriate. I also love the anchor and the head on the front.

Great job!

What more can I say? The head is used much more elegantly than it is in the set it came from if you ask me.

I wouldn't say that Steampunk is Historic though, I think I'd classify it as Fantasy as I always imagined it to be something from a parallel universe like the world of Philipp Pullman's Northern Lights series.

I wouldn't say that Steampunk is Historic though, I think I'd classify it as Fantasy as I always imagined it to be something from a parallel universe like the world of Philipp Pullman's Northern Lights series.

If there were a Fantasy forum here, it would fit. Since there is not, I think Historic fits best (as that's where most non-Big Bang Fantasy rests).

An elegant ship for a more civilized time...that didn't happen but still I imagine they would have made airships this sleek if they had the technology.

Have you played Guns of Icarus? That's a great game for airships.

I haven't seen too many LEGO airships executed nearly as well as this!