Commander Keller

Next "Adventurers" Theme Ideas

Hi all! I have just recently finished collecting the PQ sets and they are beautiful :wub:

Now, on to something more pressing... this cast of characters from PQ. Do you guys think that LEGO will follow the path of the old adventurers and send Jack Raines with his crew into the jungles and even into the icy slopes of the Himalayas?

I personally would love to get a zeppelin and some elephants would be sweet! Anybody got any cool ideas they want to discuss?

well, I'm happy that lego brought back the Egyptian theme that I missed with the first adventurers line... and that I still have not been able to collect :angry:

I got the Hhimalaya, India and China adventurers sets though, and I should be happy enough!

for a new wave, it would be nice to see the returns of something jungle-oriented or even icy-mountain...

I'm also thinking that lego made this pharaoh's quest line to check if people would still have liked this theme, and I think that tlc should have got enough good responses to make a new series soon!

have a nice lego day

mrBlue

Sorry to hear that you haven't been able to get the ones you wanted mrblue. The Egyptian theme was a magnificent start to what I hope to be a long and healthy Adventurers line. New animal molds and brilliant designed figures mean fun MOCs and excellent building.

I hope jungle is the next area of focus. Jungle sets have always been my favorite. I had the old temple from back in the day with Johnny Thunder and the gang when I was a boy. I must have spent days playing with it.

African Safari would be cool. Though its probably a bit too close to Egypt. South American jungle might be okay, but similar to PotC. South East Asia would be newer and potentially cooler (think elephants and Angor Wat). A American Western setting would be fun too; JR could look for the Lost Dutchman's Gold Mine.

Steve

Cool ideas soɥʇᏌ! I never thought of a midwest theme... maybe throw a cool train set in there (Indiana Jones not sure which one), ghost towns? What about an Australian Outback treasure hunt?

Curse of Stonehenge, maybe? Maybe Jake Raines could explore Stonehenge, and find out how it was built while fighting cavemen! :laugh:

Edited by City Triplets

Curse of Stonehenge, maybe? Maybe Jake Raines could explore Stonehenge, and find out hot it was built while fighting cavemen! :laugh:

That would be pretty cool. And they could use the cavemen and bones to make some cool caves.

Just curious, but does anyone know when PQ takes place in real world time? Like is it set around 1950?

Would TLG really do another theme with JR? Seems like they would do a new adventurers theme with all different characters, so that customers would want to buy the sets to get the new minifigs.

And I really like the idea of a SE-Asia / Indian jungle theme. Polar would be cool too, but doesn't seem to offer as many opportunities.

How about this,Antartcia/ North pole (sorry about spelling) imagin this as a set name, blizzard attck no this would be fun

I'd like an arctic theme. They could make a snow mobile, and use the Wampa mold and change a few things and get a yeti.

Would TLG really do another theme with JR? Seems like they would do a new adventurers theme with all different characters, so that customers would want to buy the sets to get the new minifigs.

And I really like the idea of a SE-Asia / Indian jungle theme. Polar would be cool too, but doesn't seem to offer as many opportunities.

I definitely see them doing more theme ideas. I think JR is taking up the mantle of Johnny Thunder (R.I.P) :wink: . The characters will just get different outfits for wherever they end up going.

An antarctic theme would be pretty neat but I do agree that there probably isn't much there.

An Antarctic theme would be cool. How about a Greek Mythology theme, battling against Hades's warriors in the underworld? There could be different Gods in each of the sets, and can be used to defeat Hades , sort of like the Atlantis Rings.

Edited by City Triplets

An Antarctic theme would be cool. How about a Greek Mythology theme, battling against Hades's warriors in the underworld? There could be different Gods in each of the sets, and can be used to defeat Hades , sort of like the Atlantis Rings.

I'm not sure Jake and friends could travel to the underworld. :tongue:

I'm not sure Jake and friends could travel to the underworld. :tongue:

JR can go there to save JT. Like a mighty Heracles saved Theseus from the underworld! :wink:

And remain there forever himself! :sing: I strongly dislike the character..... :hmpf_bad:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Edited by The Penguin

Yeah, someone suggested Aussie outback.....how about the hunt for the bunyip and bring back the Aussie Johnny Thunder to catch it ! :grin:

Well any number of the ideas sound great. I think overall there is alot of potential. You look at Mythology and lost ancient treasures and you have so much potential there. You can take continents or races or even countries and look into the legends to expound upon them. You could do even alot with the South American Countries and there legends even leading up to El Dorado the city of gold. Now how awesome would that be. Lego probably would not build a whole city of gold but maybe a section for the Jack Raines or Johny Thunder or Ed Mcmahon to find.

Edited by Halberd777

I would drool over a search for el dorado line. I mean that would be pretty sweet. Aztec warriors and shamans against Jack Raines and his companions... good stuff halberd.

Although I am not much a fan of the current Johnny Thunder line because it is in the desert and I can't tie the theme to easily to my castle theme there is so much potential for many other areas of exploration of which I hope lego continues to explore.

Something similar to NinjaGo would be sweet. As in historic minfigures and fantasy minfigures. Preferably Vikings since I missed out on those. I have plenty of medieval knights and a decent amount of Skeletons and Ninjas now.

Honestly I would like to see something like "The Mummy Returns" for Pharoah's Quest an oasis, a blimp and a new bad guy brought back from the dead :tongue:.

Although I would love to see a remake of the jungle line. Particularly a blimp would be nice.

The jungle line could be a hybrid with India again which I missed completely. A good chance too see elephants again.

I'm still hoping they plan to continue this line somehow.

Chase

I definitely think LEGO will continue this line because we don't have another line like it. I really have the fingers crossed for an Indian jungle excursion with elephants and blimps...gosh that would be sweet!

I was the first one to break news about Pharaos Quest, long time before it was public. At the same time there was also information about "Indian Quest".

So, you wishes may come true. :classic:

I was the first one to break news about Pharaos Quest, long time before it was public. At the same time there was also information about "Indian Quest".

That would be a sweet next theme area Cwetqo! Thanks for the info!

"Indian Quest" has kind of a strange ring to it, but that could still be an awesome follow-up to Pharoah's quest... lets hope its real! :thumbup:

*huh* do you have anymore information about this "Indian Quest" or was it one of those concept ideas?

Chase