Sign in to follow this  
Pizzareno

LUGBulk Train Wheels

Hi folks,

Excuse me if this is in the wrong place. Feel free to move it.

My question is when ordering from LUGBulk I see there are train wheels - the kind that have a metal axle - and the part for putting said wheels and axle into but no axles? Is this part actually available?

Part of the terms of LUGBulk is you cannot discuss specifics in public forums.

Please contact your coordinator who has access to the available parts list. Our LUG has been whittling down our "wish list" to an "order sheet" for weeks.

https://lan.lego.com/static/build/docs/LEGO_Ambassador_Network_-_The_LEGO_LUGBULK_Program.pdf

CONFIDENTIALITY – Individual LEGO element prices viewable in the online ordering platform are confidential and should be restricted to AFOLs who are participating in the program.

I don't think there is confidentiality on the program, just the pricing.

If it is not on available list, then it is not LUGBULK orderable.

I don't think there is confidentiality on the program, just the pricing.

What I meant by "specifics" was element availability including pricing. Our understanding was we are not to speak in public about what parts are available and what the price is for those parts.

I didn't see anything in the rules about not being able to comment on the parts. It just seemed silly to me that you could order most of the train wheels but no axles. So did anyone know where I could get axles other than BL as NZD$70c per axle on BL seemed rather cost prohibitive.

On the pick-a-brick they were selling the axles separately from the wheels and the holders. I ordered these three parts some time ago. If I remember well, the axles were sold by pair in the little cardboard box like when coming in a regular set. I would expect that it is the same for Lugbulk as the three parts each have their Lego reference...? (the combination of the three is just a Bricklink reference)

Edited by antp

Thank antp.

I see they are still on pick a brick at even higher cost of $2.49NZD! for a pair.

So on pick a brick but not LUGBulk. Frustrating. :hmpf_bad:

(the combination of the three is just a Bricklink reference)

You're right. For some reason I had it my mind that TLG had started to sell them assembled :sadnew:

I didn't see anything in the rules about not being able to comment on the parts.

That was how it got explained to us. Your mileage may differ (YMMD). ;)

It just seemed silly to me that you could order most of the train wheels but no axles.

Since we are apparently allowed to talk about parts... did you notice that the train switches/points are available this round but they are not selling the part that makes it work? There has been lots of silly over the history of this program.

Jeebus, that would just jack up the price on that until it's par with the actual switch :angry: